Application Being Processed But I Want To Quit My Job

Guys as you may remember,

I wrote started "My fiance and I have applied for a Fiance visa" forum,

and as of 25th march '06 it has been 2 months since she lodged the application, read the original if you want to know about it.

I have been considering my career for a while now, and im getting all depressed, about being away from my fiance, about the job im doing and the pressure i'm under..... theres a few other little things that i wont mention.....

but i'm wanting to make a career change .... im just scared it will affect our application while its being processed if they havent checked my employment details yet

what do you think guys??

thanks,

Mark

It's out of your control, not alot you can do, so what's the point of being depressed? Keep positive and things will be sorted before you know it.

Doubt changing jobs would affect your application, point is that you have an income coming in. Think Scouser prob address that one at any rate.

Mark....you are required to inform the embassy of any changes to your situation while the application is being processed...

Bite the bullet and stick it out...

Once she is here you can do waht you like.

I know exactly how you feel man! The job I got was to support our app and I really didn't like it at all. But like Graham said, bite the bullet and stick it out. I remember almost leaving on several occasions, for the same sorts of reasons. But surely your fiancee is worth it all, so just look to the light at the end of the tunnel, and don't let the scoundrels break you. You can do it man! :o

I have been considering my career for a while now, and im getting all depressed, about being away from my fiance, about the job im doing and the pressure i'm under..... theres a few other little things that i wont mention.....

You are not compelled to stay in employment that you don't like just because you have a visa application decision pending.

If you have a better job lined up, take it.

Immigration only need to be satisfied about your ability to financially support your g/f, they can't dictate what job you should be doing or restrict you from changing occupation.

If you have now been waiting the decision for two months, you could realistically expect to be waiting another four weeks.

Four weeks out of a lifetime of happiness should not be too difficult to endure.

If Immigration have not asked you for follow-up information, it would be a fairly good indication that all is well as far as the application is concerned.

Hang in there.

You are not compelled to stay in employment that you don't like just because you have a visa application decision pending.

If you have a better job lined up, take it.

Immigration only need to be satisfied about your ability to financially support your g/f, they can't dictate what job you should be doing or restrict you from changing occupation.

If you have now been waiting the decision for two months, you could realistically expect to be waiting another four weeks.

Four weeks out of a lifetime of happiness should not be too difficult to endure.

If Immigration have not asked you for follow-up information, it would be a fairly good indication that all is well as far as the application is concerned.

Hang in there.

Obviously you'd need to change into another job, just don't quit for the sake of quitting.

Tho I reckon if you're in a couple of months already, better just to hang in there and not rock the boat.

Isn't it conceivable that changing jobs could add even the slightest delay tho?

It's out of your control, not alot you can do, so what's the point of being depressed? Keep positive and things will be sorted before you know it.

Doubt changing jobs would affect your application, point is that you have an income coming in. Think Scouser prob address that one at any rate.

Britmaveric I would have to disagree with u on it is out of our control. Why can't we be able to track the progress of the application?

Mark I can relate to what u are saying. Ask them the question; At what stage is the application, what else do u need to complete this process, and when can we expect a decision? This is a valid question that deserves an answer. This might be new ground for the Dept. but u need to be a bit forceful at times, and this is a time when I see the need. 2 months is not a long time but on average from what I have read on the forum 3 seems to be the norm.

Document all ur dealings with DIMA, send emails; Rob Chambers, the Senior Migration Officer, and Damien Kilner, the new PMO in Bangkok are people to talk to in Bangkok for answers. Rachael Faulkner Overseas Resources & Liaison Section in Canberra (0)2 6264 4506 is in Amanda Vanstone's office.

Somtimes people need to have their toes trud on so they know they have toes.

The more we bow down to these p###ks the more power they take from us. I don't have a kind word for the DIMA people in Bangkok, but I do believe that legitimate questions are being lost in the fear to confront. Mark, I would suggest to ask them the question to ease your fears. If you don't get a reasonable response you can take it to the next level.

Also have a read of the pom's threads on visa applications. They get in there kicking and screaming.

Good luck mate

Thanks Guys, Im taking on board everything u say.

In regards to quiting my job, i would be making a career move for the better and i was thinking about doing it a few months back, but i didnt because i have been in my job for 3 years and on a good income, so i knew it was best to stay for the application, but now there are a couiple of opportunities that attract me and give me better pay and conditions.... i wouldnt just quit for the sake of it and sit at home doing nothing.

And actually, right now is probably the best time to start taking the next step, im looking at a few career options, and i'd love if i could work it that im finishing up at my job, and have some time (a few weeks) to go over to bangkok, do some shopping and visit the soon to be in-laws .. then come back spend abit of time with the Mrs, help set her up and feel comfortable (to minimise any home sickness) and then move into the new job....... well thats the dream anyway

but its abit hard to try and get this happening if im unsure if it will be 1 month or hopefully not 2 months or whatever it may be until we get and approval and we get the ball rolling, job wise and life wise