Where Can I Get A Remote For Samsung Tv?

bangkokburning

Go to any second hand market and you'll see tables of hundreds of remotes for every TV, CD, DVD etc made in the last 20 years. Not sure where they are in BKK, but there must be dozens of them. There are at least 4 of these markets in Jomtien/Pattaya that I know of.

Not sure where you are located. There is a remote control vendor in Dao Khanong, Taksin Rd on the corner of the soi that leads to the public swimming pool. He has a wide selection of every brand. I have bought TV and AC remotes controls there. Most sizeable indoor and open air markets will have a vendor selling remote controls. Just bring your old one, or a picture of it if it is lost. Most market vendors will be able to point you in the right direction if they understand what you are looking for. Good luck.

• Like 1

In Fortune Tower, on either the 3rd or 4th floor, center of the bldg there is a very large discount electronics retailer with a whole wall of replacement remotes on the left end when facing the shop.

Hah, I forgot about this thread. I love you guys for keeping it alive.

Amorn— no have, that was who I asked at Fortune.

Cant use the tablet due to wifi config (thru apt)

Thanks for tip around Taksin.

Out of mild curiosity...

Why not go to Samsung??

eg. Large Samsung parts/repair facility on SeriThai rd.

Hah! Never thought of it, something more dull witted - they have a service center in Fortune.

Genius!

Bring a good book..War & Peace maybe, to Samsung Service in Fortune; very long wait times. Make sure to get a queue number the moment you arrive.

• 8 months later...

Hah! Never thought of it, something more dull witted - they have a service center in Fortune.

Genius!

Bring a good book..War & Peace maybe, to Samsung Service in Fortune; very long wait times. Make sure to get a queue number the moment you arrive.

Yeah, they are in no hurry in there are they!

Go to any second hand market and you'll see tables of hundreds of remotes for every TV, CD, DVD etc made in the last 20 years. Not sure where they are in BKK, but there must be dozens of them. There are at least 4 of these markets in Jomtien/Pattaya that I know of.

Could you list them please.

I can think of the one on the Sukhumvit end of Threpasit, but that is the far end of town for me and only evenings I believe. I am on the North end of town and my Samsung remote just played up this AM.......can't believe it is the 3rd one now!

I am not sitting in the Samsung service place for ages again.....

Amorn is in Tuk Com, south Pattaya Rd, I would rather avoid it!

Edited by jacko45k

The best by far is to buy an replacement remote direct from Samsung.

It probably worth looking on ebay as well.

The next best thing is to buy a universal remote. There are hundreds of these available.

They can be programmed for virtually every set ever made.

A variation is to buy a learning remote, but you need your original to be able to train it.

Alternatively you can get an App for your phone.

The drawback with the copies is that the layout of the key board will probably not suit your set very well.

They will have many unnecessary and unused keys and perhaps some will be missing.