Kids Painting Their Scooter Headlights Red...

zyphodb

I don't know if this it only happening in Issan but over the last year or so Iv'e noticed more & more kids with red headlights, obviously at night this is going to cause lots of confusion & probably accidents.

So is this stupidity just happening in Issan or all over Thailand?

Needless to say there's no sign of the Bib doing anything to stop it, I reckon on a scale of 1-10 of stupidity this ranks about 20.

Anyway my question is, are they doing this all over Thailand?

• Like 1

Yes been happening here in Kanchanaburi for a couple of years. Absolutely insane if you want my opinion.

Nearly caught out a couple of weeks ago by some cretin riding on the wrong side of the road late at night with a red headlight.

Lucky I had another look left as he would have been under my front wheels.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by apetley
  • Like 2

Not just kids and not just Scooters...

Why on earth would anyone only use side lights and have red ones at the front.......... there again the last model Honda City and the Toyota Vios, look the same front and back you have to look twice in the daylight to work out if it is going or coming ...

in UK about 15 years ago had a blue car, bought washer jets with a blue neon in then, looked good, but got stopped a few times Blue lights = Emergincy use only etc, green = Doctors and so on, here you get cars even big trucks with blue, or red or green flashing lights on them

• Like 1

some cretin riding on the wrong side of the road late at night with a red headlight.

You almost have to gawp at such a way of being.

Paint your headlight red, then ride at people head-on down the wrong side of the road.

Yep here in Phuket too. Has really caught me out a few times to. Red light in front and white in back.
  • Like 2

Have seen a few in Chiang Mai over the years and even a couple of cars with red headlights. But as long as the motor cyclists have a helmet on then there is nothing to worry about, they will never get stopped.

• Like 2

I have seen green headlights too in Isaan, but usually red at the front and clear at the back so you don't know if they are coming or going, mind you most don't know if they are coming or going anyway. coffee1.gif

Your right Transam, happens here also all the time, red headlight and clear taillight.

I once had the enjoyment to be on my big bike on an unlit road around 9pm with such a guy with clear taillight a couple hundred meters in front of me.

I can assure you that is scary because you see only that light in that situation, and think he is coming towards you at the wrong side of the road.

• Like 2

I often see bikes with "clear" rear lights. I used to think that their taillight plastic is broken. I will try to have a closer look next time i notice such idiot. But riding without light is at least at the same level of stupidity :)

• Like 2

They have been doing it for a couple of years in Nan as well, bloody stupid. It seems to be mainly teenagers so maybe Darwinism will take over before they are able to breed.

Perhaps it's cos BiB don't care, after 5pm they are in the pub. laugh.png

• Like 1

I have seen green headlights too in Isaan, but usually red at the front and clear at the back so you don't know if they are coming or going, mind you most don't know if they are coming or going anyway. coffee1.gif

Your right Transam, happens here also all the time, red headlight and clear taillight.

I once had the enjoyment to be on my big bike on an unlit road around 9pm with such a guy with clear taillight a couple hundred meters in front of me.

I can assure you that is scary because you see only that light in that situation, and think he is coming towards you at the wrong side of the road.

wouldn't a red light on a vehicle indicate that they were on the same side as you going the same direction but now you know they have a red light as a headlight they are going in the other direction...but on the same side of the road....stoppit my brain hurts!!

• Like 1

wouldn't a red light on a vehicle indicate that they were on the same side as you going the same direction but now you know they have a red light as a headlight they are going in the other direction...but on the same side of the road....stoppit my brain hurts!!

From behind you do not see the front red light IF they are on your side of the road. After over taking you see they are going in the same direction. sad.png