Condominium Or Apartments In Ratchada

aalek85th

I already started one topic before:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/637042-thai-type-condo-buildings/

But I'm starting one again since the topic title is not really correct anymore. Now I'm looking for condominiums for rent or, if it's too expensive/whatever.. apartments in Ratchada area. I was walking for about 4-5 hours looking at the places, but they are either really cheap/crappy or quite expensive and fancy.

Like those couple of condos just next to mrt huay kwang.

What I'm looking for is something between 7 and 8 thousand bath, a year contract is ok. I know this is possible to find, but it's bloody may now, and walking around is quite difficult.

Anyone have any recommendations ? I've been to summer apartments in Ratchada, they have room for 7k, but it's not suitable for me.

Also one place have a room for 7k, but its on the west side last floor. Not very good when living in Bangkok.

So, any recommendations ? Tips ? Please reply even if it's not in ratchada if you know something, It's not a must that I live there.

Thank you

There are a couple of large apartment buildings behind Big C at Thailand Cultural Centre. You might get a studio (40 m2) for under 10,000 baht. Both places have pools. About a 5-10 minute walk to the MRT. Robinson, Big C, Home Pro, Cinemas, 2 x Tops, 3 Swensens, 3 MKs, Fuji ... (I think you get my drift) and quite a few Thai restaurants all within 10 minutes walk.

• 2 weeks later...

Robinsons mall is now closed. What they will do with it and when imposdible to say.

The area behind BigC is kinda sketchy, lots of girls living there from the massage venues. Streets are tight and builfings not very appealing.

Pracharat Bampen has lots of options. You will find a few options at 7k sure. Even a condo or two. Traffic is horrible though, footpaths down thestreet but its tight and a grind.

Some farang live on Soi 10 although I've no love for the soi.

I know this large area very well, I've searched it for a few years living here. I know all the flats from Suthisan to PraRam 9.

I can think of half dozen places that should work for you. A dozen more youd want to look at.No idea price, availability, rent to farang.

Our place is the best value in the area I think. Past few years more farang have found it.

I'll take you for walkabout or gather the prices and photos for you for a bottle of Scotch. PM me for more.

Edited by bangkokburning

I used to rent a place in one of those numbered 4-story apartment blocks of Pracha Songkhro.

Rent is cheap at 2-3 thou a month and it's ok.

At night the area comes alive and if you don't mind the alkies and druggies it's a great area to live in.

Mostly Thai though and you don't see many foreigners except for the occasional tourist that lost their way visiting the night market.

Edited by meom

I recommend you to check out Ratchada Soi 19 (close to Ratchada MRT).

Go inside the Soi, take a left, then a right, and there's loads of condo buildings on that street within 4000 - 5,500 baht.

This Soi is also called Chokchai Ruammit btw.

The two last offers are closer to Sutthisan MRT than Huay Kwang. It is very local up there (good or bad, you decide). Sutthisan has a nice old school market for take away food if you like that sort of thing. There are no malls, BigC, Big Tesco or Tops in this area.

There are no malls, BigC, Big Tesco or Tops in this area.

There is a big c on Ratchadaphisek @ TCC MRT & a big c on Lad Phrao soi 9. Both of these have the usual fair of banks, hompro & office depo in the complexes. This location in right in between both Central Lad Phrao/Union Mall & Esplanade malls. Your making it sound like it's in the middle of no where, when actually all these places are within 1-2km

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There are no malls, BigC, Big Tesco or Tops in this area.

There is a big c on Ratchadaphisek @ TCC MRT & a big c on Lad Phrao soi 9. Both of these have the usual fair of banks, hompro & office depo in the complexes. This location in right in between both Central Lad Phrao/Union Mall & Esplanade malls. Your making it sound like it's in the middle of no where, when actually all these places are within 1-2km

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was speaking of the Robinsons mall on Rachadapisek.

But since you mentioned the Central over at Pohan Yotin, that is really LatPhrao, not HuayKwang and nowhere near any of us have been discussing. It is also a crappy area and way out of the CBD. Better to come back down the MRT line to LatPhrao and look around there imo.

Edit: Sorry, are you talking abiut that little mall around LP with the Makro?

Edited by bangkokburning

The two last offers are closer to Sutthisan MRT than Huay Kwang. It is very local up there (good or bad, you decide). Sutthisan has a nice old school market for take away food if you like that sort of thing. There are no malls, BigC, Big Tesco or Tops in this area.

There is a small tesco express on sutthisan down from the ratchada junction which might do.

Up the street across about 150m is the ivy a bit older but still ok condo that I believe at least one of my friends rented at for 9-10k. Maybe worth negotiating if you find one renting out on prakard.

A long while back I visited some of those "mansions" on the west of ratchada between huay kwang and sutthisan a few times but they all kind of suck and are a long walk or mandatory moto ride which I hate. Ended up renting in one of the nicer condo buildings after negotiating. The extra money felt worth it because of location, safety and convenience.

Arguably the best would be the Ideo as it has a decent shop on the ground floor but likely very bad noise from the huay kwang junction.

I know of a one bedroom fairly new condo at klang krung resort, rachada soi 7 (close to Big C, Esplanade mall, and Thai cultural center MRT. New a/c x2, granite kitchen, furnished, espresso machine. fitness center. some westerners, some japanese, korean, and many hi-so thai's living there. Very quiet and several restaurants across street including massage. 8,000 range.