Swiss Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested In Hua Hin

webfact

Has anyone else noticed that most of the criminals paraded at these photo shoots, Thai and foreign, are heavily tattooed?

What do people think of the idea that, at Immigration, any person presenting themselves with such "body art", should be subjected to special questioning, with the presumption that entry be denied unless they can prove their bona fides?

I would say people heavily tattooed may not indicate that they are criminals but rather "STUPID IDIOTS" logic could indicate that criminals who get caught are stupid? and because they are stupid they also like tattoos.
Any good immigration officer would notice the prison tattoos on his hands during his arrival inspection and could call his bluff about having an arrest, conviction, and prison time. Getting this trash to admit to a conviction is all you need for a refusal. These tattoos definitely would warrant a secondary inspection about admissibility into the country.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DSI nabs Swiss for bank robbery, seizes assets
By Digital Media

13687672931486.jpg

BANGKOK, May 17 – Thailand’s Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has confiscated the assets of a Swiss national who was arrested in Thailand for robbing a bank in his home country.

Gerber Enzo, 42, was apprehended in Hua Hin, a resort town 190km southwest of Bangkok, on Thursday after hiding in Thailand since March 19.

A DSI official said today that Mr Enzo’s Thai wife purchased assets including a large house, as well as 19 cars and motorcycles. The Swiss national entered Thailand through Suvarnabhumi Airport.

The robbery of a bank in Bern was estimated at about Bt150 million (US$640,000).

Mr Enzo was arrested and initially charged with overstaying his visa in the kingdom.

He has been on the Thai Immigration Department’s blacklist and will be deported to Switzerland soon, official said.

The DSI will coordinate with the Anti-Money Laundering Office to determine if the couple’s possession of the assets violates the Anti-Money Laundering Act.

If so, legal action will be taken against Mr Enzo’s wife, the official said.

Mr Enzo confessed to the bank robbery and said his accomplices had gone separate ways after they divided their takings, official said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-05-17

"...and 19 motor vehicles..."

Did he (want to) run a motorbike rental shop?

Difficult question. whistling.gif

Why would you buy 19 (small) Motor Vehicles? rolleyes.gif

If you are not a rich Muslim with a Harem of 19 wives (Mia Luangs), minor wives (Mia Nois) and spouses-Gigs? tongue.png

• Like 1

No way he robbed that bank in March and acquired all those houses and cars during Songkran month.

Must have been based here for years.

1. "March 19" - they don't say which year.

2. His wife bought them - could have been married to him for years

Just sayin' whistling.gif

biggrin.png

Dont worry. With all our pussy judgements we have in switzerland, he will be out in not ofer 3 years and if he would be a Yugo, he would not even go to jail.

Banks in Switzerland, have anyway, to "much" money! So, "lose" some, is no "Big Deal!" wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Has anyone else noticed that most of the criminals paraded at these photo shoots, Thai and foreign, are heavily tattooed?

What do people think of the idea that, at Immigration, any person presenting themselves with such "body art", should be subjected to special questioning, with the presumption that entry be denied unless they can prove their bona fides?

Well, maybe if the guy had tear drop tattoos under his eyes, or other "prison tattoos" or gang style tattoos, then that comes down to common sense. The Thais that have Sak Yant tattoos usually have those tatts on their chest and back as the location of those tattoos is determined by the 'witcha' of the tattoo itself (each one is supposed to be on a specific body part). Sak Yant tattoos are actually magical spells made flesh, and can act as bulletproof vests of the supernatural. Since they supposedly stop bullets and knives, they also shut out good fortune--hence why many who wear them turn to crime or are already criminals. Many farangs who get Sak Yant don't really understand their meaning.

But your comment seems as though you can't differentiate between a hippie with a Ganesh tattoo, a muay thai fighter with a tiger sak yant (for power or protection), or a MS-13 gang member with 'Mara Salvatrucha' tattooed accross his face. Makes me wonder how sheltered you are, and thankful you don't work the customs line.

Yours,

a heavily tattooed ThaiVisa member.

''Makes me wonder how sheltered you are''

I must be very sheltered also.

Sheltered from these middle ages beliefs that tattoo will protect someone or give someone good luck, or can make people more attractive..

• Like 1

Why come to a country that increasingly has close links to Western law enforcement -- as well as extradition treaties?

Because of the "Ladies", tongue.png his GF, wife, spouse, Gig ect.

So you have, TH, Phillies and Camb. in the region as an option and not much similarities in the world. whistling.gif

How predictable. Just follow the girlfriend. Did the man hear of other destinations where your picture is not yet taken at immigration and where your details are not typed in a computer? He has a few years to think about it and next time when he robs a bar he would hopefully have removed his tattoo so he is not immediately recognizable anymore and go to a nice island in the Caribbean.

No bad idea,

you, can go without a real Passport control, to the French islands of, Martinique, Guadeloupe = Caribbean and Reunion islands = Indian Ocean, with similar climate. Only your name on the flight ticket could give your identity away. whistling.gif

I searched the Swiss news for information published at the time of the robbery (no links because the articles are in German) and here are some details.

On 18 May 2013 at about 07:40 hours, before the bank opened to the public, a man masked with a balaclava threatened a female bank employee who was about to enter the bank with a gun, entered the bank with the employee, asked for money and was given CHF 645,000.

Images from the surveillance camera (with the balaclava rolled up):

Luetzelflueh-Bankraeuber-.jpg

Bankraeuber-Luetzelflueh.jpg

The robber fled the scene in the direction of the train station (no indication whether on foot or with a vehicle). At the same time a woman, about 165 cm tall, was also observed moving away from the bank.

The robbery took place in Luetzelflueh, a small town with 4,100 inhabitants.

• Like 1

not much

What a lovely specimen of a human being....

The tattoo police are at it again...... "oh, I see a bad person - he's got tattoos!"

My 83 year old mother would agree whole heatedly... along with the 8 people who liked your comment.

• Like 1

Its really a post that shouldn't be replied to, but the poster has caught my curiosity in his stupidity.

Felipe, where are you coming from? Do these tattoos include cultural/religious tats as well, or would you recommend that the immigration police should be trained to recognize this difference?

Believe me, not all people with tattoos are bad people..................wink.png

Myself included........................whistling.gif

Edit: And I smoke as well

I'd have to agree that was a really dumb comment in very poor taste. These stories always bring out the tattoo Nazis.

Must have been really difficult to identify him.

easy to catch , need go visa runs as us others ,and registrate local office.. but the story with 19 cars , whats behind that ?

He liked cars?

He is stupid for getting all of those tattoos. Being able to pull of a bank robbery in this day & age is next to impossible but he did it. Yet getting inked up making himself so easily identifiable is what foiled his heist.

I suppose you didn't consider that he got the tattoos long before he ever made the decision to rob a bank?

His problem wasn't his tattoos. There were some very good shots of his face with balaclava rolled up on the bank's surveillance camera. (in Maestro's post #77). They were so clear it was like he was doing a photoshoot.

Edited by tropo

He is stupid for getting all of those tattoos. Being able to pull of a bank robbery in this day & age is next to impossible but he did it. Yet getting inked up making himself so easily identifiable is what foiled his heist.

I suppose you didn't consider that he got the tattoos long before he ever made the decision to rob a bank?

You mean, he forgot about them when he robbed the bank ?biggrin.png

You mean, he forgot about them when he robbed the bank ?biggrin.png

His balaclava covered the one on his forehead. I'd say he was wearing gloves too, so they were a non-issue.

I would go a step further and make all the new arrivals AND the current farang residents be subjected to tattoo searches. Anybody with any kind of tattoo should be deported. Have you noticed that it's never the educated and civilised people who cover their bodies with this "art", always the riff raff, ex-cons etc. No tattoos - no riff raff - equals peaceful and safe LOS. Simple.

You'd be at home in the Philippines. They would agree with you as they are a God-fearing Catholic nation. The "good" people there despise tattoos.

Edited by tropo