Eu Lgbt Survey: Poll On Homophobia Sparks Concern

Homophobia, to seem degree, like racism and antisemitism will always be with us. Nobody should be at all surprised from such reports from Europe, or from anywhere.

Agreed, but its difficult to know just how much credibility to give this particular poll.

As far as I can see it dates from 2007 and attitudes are changing quickly as we all know, and what was asked was so wide ranging (LGBT people were asked whether they had experienced discrimination, violence, verbal abuse or hate speech on the grounds of their sexual orientation or gender identity) that calling this "attacks or violent threats" is an exaggeration at best.

As always, I never give much reliance to polls. The questions so often are slanted, and one never knows just how the respondents were chosen.

Perhaps all this one does is remind us of something we knew already, that there really is quite a bit of homophobia out there.

When you shove it down peoples throat like in rallies like that, then you have to expect people to react.

Personally each to their own, but when it comes to trying to force people to accept a lifestyle that to them is unatural and disgusting and against their own

beliefs then you are going to get conflict.

Just because someone does not agree with a Gay lifestyle does not make them a bigot etc they have that right, just as you do to be Gay.

When you shove it down peoples throat like in rallies like that, then you have to expect people to react.

Personally each to their own, but when it comes to trying to force people to accept a lifestyle that to them is unatural and disgusting and against their own

Just because someone does not agree with a Gay lifestyle does not make them a bigot etc they have that right, just as you do to be Gay.

To attack gay people violently DOES make them bigots.

The people in Georgia were having a peaceful, civilized political demonstration in a country trying to project itself as a democracy. There is NO excuse, NO rationale whatsoever for the disgusting violent HOMOPHOBIC attacks against these peaceful demonstrators.

The people who were FOR homophobia (the demo they were objecting to was ANTI homophobia), that literally means FOR hatred of homosexuals, could have staged a peaceful civilized demonstration. They still would have been expressing their bigotry but I would honor their right to do that.

You sound straight. What would you call me if I said I don't "agree" with your straight lifestyle?

It might sound a silly question but sometimes I have met some ghettoized gay people that are very intolerant of straight people.

I would call them BIGOTS. No doubt about it. Same difference.

BTW, gay isn't a lifestyle. It describes a sexual orientation.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

You seem to have missed the point of what the rally was about - that people DON'T have a right to be gay.

• Like 1