Unwanted Guest

HeijoshinCool

Those guys are useful in keeping down the smaller visitors so don't harm him. Once he's cleaned out your house of pests he'll go.

We had one get into the house once. He kept out of the way for a few days and then appeared in the kitchen sink, swearing whenever I went near. I got a local to wrap a towel around him and take him outside. There's was no way that I was going anywhere near those teeth.

Perhaps you'll keep your window closed in future! smile.png

absolutely the best solution. I think you should know that it's probably a female however based on the fact that it swears at you. She probably won't want to feed however you may be able to coax her with such things as crickets and grasshoppers if you can find such a thing. Please, please, don't hurt her. She would do her level best to get away from you if she could.

You just described my Mrs.......if only she had the ATM card and not me !!!!!Hahahaha

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being an Aussie, I assumed you were talking about snakes. Why would you worry about a couple of gechoes? We have plenty in our house judging by the amount of poo left in my tool cupboard. Mostly insect shell and such.

Just accept them & show them respect if or when you see them. Be happy for small mercies!

In Chiang Mai it is a Toktaw, and it is a Gheko, they do more good than harm so I would leave alone - They do have a habit of taking a rather large dump now and again, but they are pretty efficient killers of unwanted pests.

We have some rather big ones in our house, I saw one run down a support beam and take an 8 inch centipede in one mouthful. Besides, didn't you know that if you count the amount of times it goes "TOKTAW" you will win the lottery. (According to Thais) - Thais seem to be terrified of them, my wife has this phobia that they are going to jump on you and inflict a terrible bite that you then need to go to the hospital with (As the Toktaw will not let go) and have it surgically removed.

Leave alone, they won't bother you, I like them, they are quite amazing. Have you ever tried to remove them from what they are clinging to? They have a better grip than superglue.

• Like 1