Travel To Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Etc

I have travelled to Thailand from the UK six times since 2009, always on a single entry 60 day visa. I have not yet been to the surrounding countries. I am considering visiting Thailand again next year, but this time visiting, Laos, Cambodia, maybe other bordering countries and possibly Vietnam. If I wanted to fly on each of these journeys, saving time and also for safety reasons, what type of visa would I need to obtain from the UK and would I have to return to Thailand each time before visiting the next country? For example: Fly to Thailand, then fly to Laos, then fly to Cambodia, then fly to Vietnam, then fly from Vietnam to Thailand, then fly from Thailand to Burma or Malaysia. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know how long you would be staying in each country for.

If you are flying to these countries then I wouldn't get a visa from the UK.

Reason being, when you fly into Thailand you will get an automatic 30 day entry.

Say after 2 weeks you want to fly to Cambodia, you can get a Cambodian visa online. I think its 25 dollars.

If you then return to Thailand from Cambodia, you will receive another 30 on entry in to Thailand.

I am not sure the visas if any are needed for the others countries you would like to visit. You would have to check this.

Please mistake me if I'm wrong.

I am quite confident in knowing that, you will receive 30 days in arrival in Thailand, however many times you fly in during any period.

The 30 day stamp is valid for 30 days, and expires when you leave the country, therefor on return you would get a new one.

Hope this helps

<p>You don't need to fly, its costly and doesnt save much time at all. Sometimes crossing a border is a rather tedious banal experience, sometimes is exciting. The trip allows you to see the countryside and the people which is presumably why you are there.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Siem Teap to Bangkok can be fone in a day</p>

<p>Phnom Penh to HCMC can be done in.a day</p>

<p>North Thailand into Lao or to Vientiane can be done in.a day.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Dont bother with Lao if you dont have a few weeks.</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>If the weather was with you, do this...</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Fly into BKK overland to HCMC overland up.to.Hue and Hanoi cross into Lao, shoot down to Thailand. No planes and its all visa on arrival save for maybe Vietnam. You can get that vusa in Phnon Penh.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Its not just the ticket, its the taxi and the usually ripoff price for transport to and from tbe airport.</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>PS see Myanmar before it cracks wide open.and becomes just another travel experience. Rushed journey there is two weeks.</p>

Edited by bangkokburning

• 2 weeks later...

You can fly into all countries, but why route yourself via Bangkok everytime? Although this depends on what kind of ticket you buy, you'd be better off buying an airpass as purchasing individual round-trip tickets starting from Bangkok will get expensive after you purchase your second or third ticket. Consider buying a one way ticket from Bangkok to say Phnom Penh, then traveling overland to Saigon (since it's quite close) then fly to Danang or Hanoi, from Hanoi you could fly one way to Luang Prabang or Vientiane and then finally one way from Vientiane, Savannakhet or Pakse to Bangkok or you could save money by taking a domestic flight from nearby Udon Thani or Ubon Ratchathani instead. From Bangkok, Phuket or Koh Samui, there are flights to Kuala Lumpur and from Bangkok there are also flights to Penang. Flying from Thailand to Myanmar is the way to go, with plenty of flights from Bangkok to Mandalay and Yangon - however, you could for example fly one way from Bangkok to say Mandalay and then from Yangon to Kuala Lumpur or Phuket in order to avoid backtracking through Bangkok. Air Asia will offer good deals on one way tickets and lots of flight options.