Somebody Must Know The Answer

bobroper

I'm with True and have been for many years.

Using IE9, I am unable to REFRESH just one website unless I use my UK 'myexpatnet'

IF I USE GOOGLE CHROME, I HAVE NO PROBLEM THE PAGE REFRESHES AT ALL TIMES, I.E. I DO NOT NEED TO USE 'MYEXPATNET'

There must be a simple answer.

The website in question is:

http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn:GKP.L&display=discussion

For you information, I have cleared the cache, temporary files, etc, etc. etc.

Anybody please?

Perhaps update your IE9 to current version? IE10 became an important update first week of this month.

Hi lopburi

Have already tried that without success. It's not only IE9/10 that doesn't refresh that one webpage but also Firefox. The only browser I can use is as I mentioned, Chrome. A complete mystery.

Thanks for your input.

2 thoughts;

Firstly; Internet Options, Security, Custom and ensure Allow Meta Refresh is "enabled"

Secondly, a bit of the wall ..... sites that monitor location of requests to prevent DOS attacks can deny you repeated requests - try Internet Options, Privacy, "Never Allow Web Sites to request your physical location"

Worth a try?

A guess would be a java script is not completing, or embedded link not completing?

Your reference site is using addtoany.com, it maybe not completing it's download or the URL can't be resolved, so the page is "stuck".

Does the page monitor continue to run even if the page is displayed? (look to the right in the address box for the icons)

Try stopping the page and then reload.

Are you using any anti-virus/anti-malware programs?

Ditch IE.........Use Firefox!.....Infinitely superior.

The OP said:

It's not only IE9/10 that doesn't refresh that one webpage but also Firefox. The only browser I can use is as I mentioned, Chrome.

I guess EveryDayTheSame can't read.

I've tried the link the bobroper provided:

http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn:GKP.L&display=discussion

It works with both IE10 and FireFox 21 on my system and ISP (TOT).

Edited by BB1950

Thanks for your responses.

I will action the possible above remedies and let you know the final result.

I would mention that all other websites that need to be refreshed, I have no problem with, it's only the iii site.

Rakman. I use Norton 360.

Hi bobroper,

I also use the same website iii.co.uk and I get the same annoying problem, maybe its their bug.

Anyway I have found a way around it and that is a site thats displays the feed from iii.co.uk and lse.co.uk:

http://www.discussthemarket.com/gkp-stream/

This site dislays live streams from both bb sites, which i fnd better. You can toggle the lse.co.uk site stream on/off if you dont want it.

If you want to post (on iii) you will still need to open up the iii.co.uk site.

Regards

ChatterRat

Hi bobroper,

I also use the same website iii.co.uk and I get the same annoying problem, maybe its their bug.

Anyway I have found a way around it and that is a site thats displays the feed from iii.co.uk and lse.co.uk:

http://www.discussthemarket.com/gkp-stream/

This site dislays live streams from both bb sites, which i fnd better. You can toggle the lse.co.uk site stream on/off if you dont want it.

If you want to post (on iii) you will still need to open up the iii.co.uk site.

Regards

ChatterRat

Hi CR

Yes, I already knew that site existed.

I do post quite a lot on III, so really 'discuss the markets' is not needed.

Have tried all the possible solutions outlined above with no joy so I have decided to stick with chrome and forget IE, etc.