Ok, This One Is For The Nrl Fans

Yes I tried to integrate with the old rugby league forum, yet was not accepted within the English Super League ranks.

This one is for the greatest and hardest comp going, the NRL.

What are your views, this should stir the pot, I go for Manly (and yes I am proud of that!)

Storm v Sea Eagles Monday 4pm. Two teams who seriously don't like each other, both coming off a loss.

I hate to say it.......

Storm by 8

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK ... I'll bite.

It's not the 'Fortress', SoO is around the corner.

MLB sure, by how much ... I'm not that brave.

... did you used to play?

Yes for many years both League and Union. Now as I struggle out of bed every day I wake from a dream of how much better I could have been.

Only mid 30's but got smashed around and loved every minute!!

You?

Like very year, look forward to losing another couple of hundred.

I have given up saying this is 'our year'. F@@k me I have been doing this for 8 yrs now.

Besides ultimate fighting, no tougher game on the planet!

Bring it on, dare I say, the Blues 2-1??

Ahh f@@k, there goes another $200 lol

I don't like to intrude, but you might find you've got Melbourne Storm v Manly on Saturday morning 0530 THAI delayed telecast on True Sports somewhere. I've got it on Astro Supersport 3. I doubt I'll get up early for it, unless the Imam is giving me a hard time; I've got half a mind (let me finish ...) I've got half a mind to watch the Top Quattorze Toulon Toulouse semi-final earlier in the morning.

When's the first State of Origin game? Has Quade Cooper switched codes yet?

SC

EDIT: And on the same channel. Manly v Raiders live, 11 am THAI on Sunday, as far as I can tell.

Edited by StreetCowboy

I don't like to intrude, but you might find you've got Melbourne Storm v Manly on Saturday morning 0530 THAI delayed telecast on True Sports somewhere. I've got it on Astro Supersport 3. I doubt I'll get up early for it, unless the Imam is giving me a hard time; I've got half a mind (let me finish ...) I've got half a mind to watch the Top Quattorze Toulon Toulouse semi-final earlier in the morning.

SC

EDIT: And on the same channel. Manly v Raiders live, 11 am THAI on Sunday, as far as I can tell.

Unfortunately the Manly-Raiders game is not live its on first airing on Sunday. They play on Sat night, but with only 1 channel on True-Setanta extra, they always put Rugby Union on live, League is treated like a poor cousin.

SC

Unfortunately the Manly-Raiders game is not live its on first airing on Sunday. They play on Sat night, but with only 1 channel on True-Setanta extra, they always put Rugby Union on live, League is treated like a poor cousin.

The Astro internet channel guide has that marked Live, and also the Warriors - Knights game a couple of hours earlier.

I expect Cooper is resting for a couple of weeks before he changes codes.

SoO is on a Wednesday night, isn't it? I suppose if I'd wanted them to change to avoid the clash with my football I should've asked earlier...

SC

State 0f Origin oh so close,,,,,,the greatest physical contest in the world (with a ball) , so close!

Get ready for the rumble boys the hits, the high shots, no holes rules at the window!. F@@k I love Rugby League!!!!!!

• Like 1

SC

The Astro internet channel guide has that marked Live, and also the Warriors - Knights game a couple of hours earlier.

I expect Cooper is resting for a couple of weeks before he changes codes.

SoO is on a Wednesday night, isn't it? I suppose if I'd wanted them to change to avoid the clash with my football I should've asked earlier...

SC

5th of June my friend, 5th of June! The Origin cauldron alights! Game 1 sell out in Sydney (90,000), game 2 Brisbane sold out (58,000, could fill 150,000 if stadium had the capacity), game 3 Syd (60,000 and counting), yes this is the greatest game of all! We may not be the world game, but as long as my country and yours keep responding in numbers we will never die! Go Rugby League, Go the Blues!!!!!

Edited by Bikkii

Queenslander!! here from Brisbane. Where's the best place in BKK to watch origin atmosphere wise?

That's difficult because the change of TV network which carries the game now.

I had a Suk Soi4 Bar lined up last time (they make one of the best chips in Bangkok) but left after discovering that their Cable package didn't have the appropriate NRL rights.

post-104736-0-94521500-1369625801_thumb.

Sadly I ended up at the Aussie Bar on Soi 11 ... 1/2 down on the left walking from Sukhumvit Rd.

Not the cheapest place ... but well set up.

What does everyone think of the teams???

No Aaron Woods??, Every game I have watched he has been the best forward on field by far. Adam Reynolds missing out? This kid is a freak, maybe game 3 when we find out once again how little Pierce can do.

Getting closer, getting oh so close! I can almost smell the liniment oil wafting from the dressing rooms. Oh hang on,,,,that is my screwed up knee covered in dencorub to numb the pain one feels later in life from playing this great game!

Watching the Bunnies the other day. Pretty good effort considering the Origin absentees and Sam Burgess's suspension. Big George is a bulldozer yet is still growing! Good times ahead for the Souths.

Watching the Bunnies the other day. Pretty good effort considering the Origin absentees and Sam Burgess's suspension. Big George is a bulldozer yet is still growing! Good times ahead for the Souths.

Agreed ... they will give playing the Grand Final a nudge.

I won't say that they would win it ... but come the Finals weeks, they will be there or there abouts.

Just hope they haven't outdone their salary cap.

Those Burgess Boys are a reasonable size, good ball skills and 1/2 a side step ... clap2.gif

I think they'll get to the final, David (if I can call you that). I was convinced after watching them turn over the Dogs and especially Manly at their place. That Manly game was a fantastic advert for the sport; a massive struggle and the Rabbitohs showed a lot of heart. The nagging feeling is that the Storm are still ahead in terms of creative play and better organized. However the Bunnies are miles better than last year and despite the media circus and Russel Crowe's constant PR drum beating, it would good for the sport if Souths did it.

What is so appealing to everyone about the Bunnies is that they are almost everyone's 2nd favourite Team. By this I mean, bugger, my teams not playing tonight, oh, the Bunnies are playing ... I like them.

This season they have shown good depth with their playing roster, improved their defence and are starting to play 80 min football.

GI is obviously a huge force for them, but they many attacking weapons.

I do like also their style of play as it's not always 4 forward rucks, 1 backline movement, get to the kick and repeat until the other team makes a mistake.

Same as Canterbury's style with their innovative Forward passing game.

What is so appealing to everyone about the Bunnies is that they are almost everyone's 2nd favourite Team. By this I mean, bugger, my teams not playing tonight, oh, the Bunnies are playing ... I like them.

This season they have shown good depth with their playing roster, improved their defence and are starting to play 80 min football.

GI is obviously a huge force for them, but they many attacking weapons.

I do like also their style of play as it's not always 4 forward rucks, 1 backline movement, get to the kick and repeat until the other team makes a mistake.

Same as Canterbury's style with their innovative Forward passing game.

Is the Forward passing game a Southern Hemisphere rules interpretation? We normally frown on such activities...

That James Graham is pretty forward with his gnashers. he looks like he has just jumped out of a Viking Longboat, high on reindeer piss, beserk and ready to ruck and roll.

I would feel a lot safer going to St Helens now he's in Australia