Assistant Teachers To Be Fired In Cheating Scandal: Nakhon Ratchasima

EDUCATION
Assistant teachers to be fired in cheating scandal

Prasit Tangprasert
The Nation

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: -- Six newly appointed assistant teachers in Nakhon Ratchasima accused of being involved in exam cheating will be dismissed - while the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has called for an ultimate total of 344 people allegedly involved in the scandal to lose their jobs as government officials.

Education Minister Phongthep Thepkanjana will soon discuss with his deputy minister if he will set up a disciplinary committee to inspect high-ranking officials suspected of wrongly declining to perform duties, which led to the exam scandal.

Pisit Chotking, director of Nakhon Ratchasima Primary Educational Service Area Office 3, said yesterday that it was preparing to dismiss six newly appointed assistant teachers at schools under his office's supervision.

The DSI had advised the office and 118 other offices to dismiss 344 assistant teachers accused of cheating in the exam.

Of these 344 suspects, 48 assistant teachers allegedly involved in the scandal were from Nakhon Ratchasima.

Pisit said his office was reported to have eight people accused of being involved. He was waiting for an official letter from the Office of the Teacher Civil Service and Educational Personnel Commission (OTEPC) to allow OTEPC's subcommittees in each educational zone to revoke the appointments of the alleged cheaters. He will then attend a meeting with the subcommittee in his educational zone and later send a letter to instruct schools to dismiss six of the assistant teachers.

The DSI could also summon for interrogation another two alleged cheats who had not been appointed assistant teachers.

Previously, Phongthep insisted that OTEPC's meeting clearly resolved last Friday that the 344 cheats would be removed from their positions as government officials.

Phongthep said Deputy Education Minister Sermsak Pongpanich would soon report to him findings concluded by a fact-finding panel on the exam cheating. They would discuss if he should set up a disciplinary committee to inspect four high-ranking officials at Office of the Basic Education Commission accused of wrongly refusing to perform duties or not.

He added that the accused officials would be allowed to explain.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-20

"He added that the accused officials would be allowed to explain."

How on earth do you explain why you were cheating?

''He added that the accused officials would be allowed to explain'' how they could afford a new car. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Of these 344 suspects, 48 assistant teachers allegedly involved in the scandal were from Nakhon Ratchasima.

And let me guess: The rest from Sisaket. Thought only my kids would cheat.......biggrin.png

He added that the accused officials would be allowed to explain who else was involved. Those will keep their positions.

They would discuss if he should set up a disciplinary committee to inspect four high-ranking officials at Office of the Basic Education Commission accused of wrongly refusing to perform duties or not.

GUESS NOT......w00t.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

They would discuss if he should set up a disciplinary committee to

inspect four high-ranking officials at Office of the Basic Education

Commission accused of wrongly refusing to perform duties or not.

The price has just increased. :whistling:

So only Assistant Teachers can get disciplined (fired); cheating police, politicians, and generals just get reassigned to, paying, inactive posts. Oh, and of course they get asked to apologize, promise not to do it again (er ah, not get caught again) and show a token of their sincerity (donation to the boss).

Edited by vijer
  • Like 1

Was it only yesterday that I read the Thailand needs more scientists? With the education system mired in corruption and ineptitude It looks as if you can get a B.Sc. for knowing that the periodic table has nothing to do with menstruation.

My girl got a University Degree without ever stepping into a classroom ever,, she asked me if i wanted a degree also but i said it would be hard to explain how i got a Thai university degree as i cannot speak, write or read Thai,, explain that.

My wife's eldest sister has a real waste of space son, he just got a degree in l think something to do with electricity in no time. I could not stop laughing, my wife got annoyed and said if she had the money her son would have a degree too. cheesy.gif

My girl got a University Degree without ever stepping into a classroom ever,, she asked me if i wanted a degree also but i said it would be hard to explain how i got a Thai university degree as i cannot speak, write or read Thai,, explain that.

Most degrees in Thailand are all about face - nothing more, nothing less. Getting the paper is important, not the knowledge.

If they give out degrees for how long you can stay in a Hammock with out falling off.

Then there would be a lot more people roaming around Thailand with Degrees biggrin.png

My mrs son would get a Masters Degree in that one. sad.png

In fact I don't know how he manages to get from the bed to the sofa, well, you have to be upright to get from one to the other eh. coffee1.gif

Edited by transam

• 1 month later...

Simply go to the International programs.