Corn Syrup In Pattaya - Where?

action

I saw Karo corn syrup at Best Supermarket (Dolphin Circle) today. Pricey - 310 THB for a smallish bottle.

Have previously purchased a South Korean brand - C.J Foods - at Foodland at 89 THB for a 600 ml bottle.

I have found it very helpful in the past to download and print a picture of the item I seek to show to shop clerks - much easier than trying to break the language barrier.

Edited by WaywardWind
  • Like 1

Friendship was one of the few places I haven't checked.

I didn't see it at foodland or best. What 'area' do I look in? Sugar? Maple Syrup? baking supplies?

Thanks guys,

At Best, near the maple syrup and honey. I can't remember exactly where it was located at Foodland, but if you print a picture of the bottle and show it to a clerk, they should be able to help. There is a picture available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/ChungJungWon-brand-Syrup-2-64lbs-bottle/dp/B00C9WE7G0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1369128517&sr=8-5&keywords=cj+corn+syrup

• 3 months later...

Friendship was one of the few places I haven't checked.

I didn't see it at foodland or best. What 'area' do I look in? Sugar? Maple Syrup? baking supplies?

Thanks guys,

There is a much cheaper asian version in the Japanese/Italian/korean/chinese? section at Makro. The brand name is Beksal. It's in a small clear container with a gold top. . It's a brown and white label that says since 1953. On the back label (thai FDA label) it says cooking syrup. Sweet for health. I think it's derived from rice. It has a very nice slightly caramel flavor. Much better tasting than corn syrup and MUCH cheaper. About 60-70 baht.