Thai Version Of Google Earth Satellite Images

justwilliam

A few months ago there were some articles about a Thai version of satellite images, similar to Google Earth but more detailed, that were to become available in February.

Does anybody know what happened in this regard, if anything?

Edited by penzman

I can see my house on GE... but there are no airforce planes shown in the local airport .. just civilian (although they share it!)

I have heard from a very reliable source that the Thai's protect their airspace vehmantly... you just cannot head to BK in a microlight . You would probably be shot down!

So it does not surprise me that the Thai government are rather suspicious of GE!!

Guest deltakid

a couple of days ago google earth updated their satellite images. so you might have a better view of your home now then before.

• 7 months later...
A few months ago there were some articles about a Thai version of satellite images, similar to Google Earth but more detailed, that were to become available in February.

Does anybody know what happened in this regard, if anything?

A Thai version of satellite images......more detailed than Google Earth ? :o

Utopia.

LaoPo

I did try the thai version of Google Earth, the pictures were different and more up to date of Chiang Mai but the program was more fiddly to use and not better pictures. Unfortunately I've lost the link and the program but it must be somewhere on Thai Visa from earlier this year.

Have you tried MS's version?

http://local.live.com/?q=chiang+mai+thailand&FORM=BDIR

gives Chiang Mai and obviously Google Earth is MUCH better, but MS is MUCH better for my place in the UK than Google.

Whilst Thailand can control it's airspace I don't think they have much success at stoping satallites taking photo's.

PS Don't need Google to see the Thai airforce, they've just gone past my window!

Edited by briley

pointasia.com

Maybe a good link if I could read Thai, LT. :o

Can you provide links to the pics of the Krabi area ?

cheers :D

Looks like Krabi is not available on the pointasia sight.

If I'm reading it correctly, only 48 provinces are covered, and Krabi is not one of them.

Most of London is blacked out on Google.

How many other major cities suffer the same fate?

:o:D What do you mean, Astral ?

London is VERY clear on Google Earth. Are you sure you have the correct update ?

Here 2 pics I just made from the Tower Bridge and London Millenium Dome.

LaoPo

The version of google makes no difference as they all use the same pictures - only the interface changes -

I like the newer Beta version v4.0.2416 for the uncluttered interface.

Can you please explain that ?.......'uncluttered interface' ? English is not my Mother-tongue and I'm a kind of digibete as well... :o

LaoPo

The version of google makes no difference as they all use the same pictures - only the interface changes -

I like the newer Beta version v4.0.2416 for the uncluttered interface.

Can you please explain that ?.......'uncluttered interface' ? English is not my Mother-tongue and I'm a kind of digibete as well... :o

LaoPo

Controls for Zoom, North, etc are small and transparent, so the's more place on the screen than in Google Earth 3.

Also version 4 shows textures from Google Sketchup that make models look very very realistic. Eiffel Tower is perfect, for example, and it's only a few KB in size, and you can even see through it.

You'll need to download "Google 3D warehouse link" to view those models, and you have to drag that link to "My places" panel, otherwise it's saved as "Temporary".

Currently there are more models in Phuket than in Bangkok - all those farang owned "villas".