Developing Thailand Needs 1.6 Million Workers

webfact

What is that mega project so that Thai government needs to get workers from other countries?

Where infact even womens here in Thailand do the work of men like in building constructions.

If the project is true and that they need manpower, they missed to consider workers from the Philippines.

Filipinos make the greatest number of overseas worker in many different countries around the world. Whether

the work is an office work, engineering work, construction,etc.

They can't afford Thai labor costs. Too expensive since the 300 baht minimum.

Thai people are treated like Farang in their own countrycheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Meanwhile in Phuket anyone foreign are being harassed for working the jobs the Thais are to lazy or to dumb to do. I love this place because it is so full of contradictions. It never fails to amuse. clap2.gifwhistling.gifcheesy.gif

That is of course because there are lots of easy money to be made in Phuket. No problems, if foreigners are taking the hard, dirty and low paid jobs.

Meanwhile in Phuket anyone foreign are being harassed for working the jobs the Thais are to lazy or to dumb to do. I love this place because it is so full of contradictions. It never fails to amuse. clap2.gifwhistling.gifcheesy.gif

That is of course because there are lots of easy money to be made in Phuket. No problems, if foreigners are taking the hard, dirty and low paid jobs.

In my experience of living here anything that involves the word work is dirty cheesy.gif

In my experience of living here anything that involves the word work is dirty cheesy.gif

Hope that when construction gets underway there is enough electricity to cope.

We can all come up with first rate suggestions on how to handle this problem. ie: Start free trade schools or on the job training for hands on construction work all over the country.. set up labor offices to hire Thai men and women to work in these contruction jobs.

There are many ways to fix this problem, but as we all know, This is Thailand.. They are going to do it their own way and most probably muck it up..coffee1.gif

Edited by khaowong1

Thailand does not need more laborers. Thais need to get a work ethic. There is no shortage of people available, but they are just too damned lazy to get their hands dirty and do a decent days work.

Comment of the day ! wai.gif

Thailand does not need more laborers. Thais need to get a work ethic. There is no shortage of people available, but they are just too damned lazy to get their hands dirty and do a decent days work.

Actually, I split my time between Chiang Mai and our village. Based on the work ethic of the villagers I know, and those I met in Issan over the years, your comment boils down to be a BS racist rant. I know too many of these people who work their asses off for next to nothing. Go back to whatever hate-mongering country you came from.

Actually, I split my time between Chiang Mai and our village. Based on the work ethic of the villagers I know, and those I met in Issan over the years, your comment boils down to be a BS racist rant. I know too many of these people who work their asses off for next to nothing. Go back to whatever hate-mongering country you came from.

Well let me just drop in and say, ... IF you talk about the several urban Bangkokians AND the upper to high-so class and their spoilt brats, the majority of this pack is really lazy and wouldn't soil their hands with something called work, because it makes them lose face among their feudal peers and family circles. And the parents of those filthy rich kids make sure they're never getting involved with something dirty as work... Avoid problems... Maintain and save a clean face into cluelessness and ignorance..,

To this spoilt, ignorant and zero tolerance behavior rich pack, mentioned above, work is only for the poor, and looked down on.

I do not want to rain on anyones parade, but it appears financing for these mega projects may be of more concern than the preceived lack of close to 2 million workers. If I understand correctly the impact studies have not even been started, financed, bid out, etc.

If this government would put their effort/resources in to not just beating the snakes off but contolling them, instead of looking for funding for something that may or may not happen, they might find a little nich in life.

let the foreigners do the work and send the money back home i say,,if the thais dont want to do it no problem,,,stay poor and in debt,,dont make no difference to me or any of you on this forum,,does it,,,