Juristic Entity For Housing Estate

phuketsub

My wife and I live in a townhouse in the Supalai City Hill estate in Rassada.

We recently got a letter from the developers saying that they were going to start charging the owners 3,500 baht monthly for services that include security (8 guards, three of which make 25,000 baht/month), garbage collection (a Rassada Municipality truck comes by twice a week) and a range of other services which have most of the residents completely flummoxed, such as 'telephone fees' and 'administrative charges', even though the sales office has been closed for two years.

We have also been told we have one month to file a formal complaint about this before the charge will take effect.

Fortunately, because it is located near the provincial govt district, there are a lot of govt officials and police and other kharajakaan prepared to fight this ridiculousness.

We all understand that the key is to form a juristic entity, form a council, and run the hood on our own.

I am just wondering if there are any other housing estates in Phuket that have managed to do this -- and how it is working out. I realize condos are run this way, but I have never heard of a housing estate doing it, and it's not so easy since many of the units are owned by people in Bangkok and are up for sale/rent.

Much obliged for any advice by any TV members who have experience in such matters.wai.gif

Lucky me as I do not own a place in a estate like you. My friends however do and had some problems as well. First thing you have to do is indeed for a entity and ask for all the paper work. Just the income/cost sheet would be enough. Than you check if the costs are fabricated or not. If they are (most likely, knowing the local deveper) you can take them to court, or just treathen them with this action.

You as house owner ( together) with the other owners) can run things whatever way you want. The developer sold the houses and now he should be out of the picture (that is if you stand as one).

I have heard many crazy stories like this where the service charges are really high and never explained.

We recently got a letter from the developers saying that they were going to start charging the owners 3,500 baht monthly for services that include security (8 guards, three of which make 25,000 baht/month), garbage collection (a Rassada Municipality truck comes by twice a week) and a range of other services which have most of the residents completely flummoxed, such as 'telephone fees' and 'administrative charges', even though the sales office has been closed for two years.

We have also been told we have one month to file a formal complaint about this before the charge will take effect.

Fortunately, because it is located near the provincial govt district,  there are a lot of govt officials and police and other kharajakaan prepared to fight this ridiculousness.

We all understand that the key is to form a juristic entity, form a council, and run the hood on our own.

I am just wondering if there are any other housing estates in Phuket that have managed to do this -- and how it is working out. I realize condos are run this way, but I have never heard of a housing estate doing it, and it's not so easy since many of the units are owned by people in Bangkok and are up for sale/rent.

Much obliged for any advice by any TV members who have experience in such matters.Posted Image

The joys of buying properties in LOS. I still have no idea why people keep buying properties for women here. Is it just a male thing? I dont see farang women investing much here

You are thinking the right way, regarding a Juristic Entity.

But so many estates in Thailand are left in disrepair and the property values go down because people refuse to pay these fees and the estates decline.

You should form a meeting of residents and decide on reasonable fees and kick out the management agency that wants 3500.

A great suggestion is a name and shame board at the entrance of the estate... A large Map at showing houses in green who pay the monthly fee and houses in red who refuse to pay... Face is such a great weapon in Thailand...

MY last home I paid 800 baht a month, my current home I pay 600 baht a month, both include security and swimming pool.

3500K almost sounds way over the top, almost like only the farangs are paying and all the Thai refuse to pay.

Edited by Satcommlee

Fortunately, because it is located near the provincial govt district, there are a lot of govt officials and police and other kharajakaan prepared to fight this ridiculousness.

Much obliged for any advice by any TV members who have experience in such matters.wai.gif

The joys of buying properties in LOS. I still have no idea why people keep buying properties for women here. Is it just a male thing? I dont see farang women investing much here

Where in the post does it state that I purchased the home for her? Don't jump to confusions.

Fortunately, because it is located near the provincial govt district,  there are a lot of govt officials and police and other kharajakaan prepared to fight this ridiculousness.

Much obliged for any advice by any TV members who have experience in such matters.Posted Image

Where in the post does it state that I purchased the home for her? Don't jump to confusions.

Well did you buy it for the butcher, baker or candlestick maker instead? Because as far as I know its still illegal for a farang to purchase property in LOS

^

Most couples, married or not, generally choose to buy a property together. Whose name it's in tends to be irrelevant. I can't think of any of my aquaintances in Europe who on divorcing, the husband got to keep the family property. I know that I didn't (twice).

^

Most couples, married or not, generally choose to buy a property together. Whose name it's in tends to be irrelevant. I can't think of any of my aquaintances in Europe who on divorcing, the husband got to keep the family property. I know that I didn't (twice).

True, that is just a sidediscussion to stir the pot.

This thread is about a juristic entity for a housing estate.

What is the juristic construction to start with? Do the houses on the estate belong for 100% to individual owners, or is it a condominium construction? Legally, if a condominium has say 50 units, you as an individual owner own 2% of the whole, but you have the sole right to use your unit. Mostly units in a condominium are apartments, but they can also be free standing houses with a bit of land around them.