Best Place To Meet Single Woman?

Gone

I have been "out of it" for so long but am just curious as maybe other TV members are here where are some decent spots these days to meet single, decent woman as in a singles bar etc.?

Myself, I'm not 19 as are most of the members here so I'm pretty sure that discos etc. would be off the chart. That PJ Pool bar on Khaonoi used to be good on Friday nights years ago but I know that went down hill.

Live music with food always helps but is there really a place where woman go to meet single guys here?

What do you folks suggest (being logical and all)?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to pickup girls at I-bar/Insomnia/Marine Disco thumbsup.gif

Sure they are not high-so uni educated girls but I'm not looking for a long term relationship, I didn't move to Pattaya to end up in costly monogamous relationship with a girl that will never fully understand my culture and my mother tongue coffee1.gif

Otherwise I would say best way is random street encounters, wait for a smile and make your move.. a bit of chit chat, exchange of phone numbers and who knows what might happen. wink.png

Edited by yoslim
  • Like 2

I like to pickup girls at I-bar/Insomnia/Marine Disco thumbsup.gif

Sure they are not high-so uni educated girls but I'm not looking for a long term relationship, I didn't move to Pattaya to end up in costly monogamous relationship with a girl that will never fully understand my culture and my mother tongue coffee1.gif

Otherwise I would say best way is random street encounters, wait for a smile and make your move.. a bit of chit chat, exchange of phone numbers and who knows what might happen. wink.png

That's a very intelligent reply.

• Like 1

I'm not single, but have a few friends who are. One is having great luck with Facebook. Another uses Badoo. One very interesting app for the smart phone is skout.

Try attending the Lighthouse events here in Pattaya.

Gotto watch out in that Beer Garden - quite a few "free lancers" who are not "free" next morning with their hand out asking for X amount of baht.

Internet dating is fraught with danger...and you dont know how bad a person smells or their personal quirks until they turn up. Guy I know met a woman that had posted 10 year old photos when she weighed 50kg but was now over 80kg when she showed up...

Try just chatting to the women working in banks, money exchange booths, hotel receptions, staff in 7/11's or even tour company guides.

• Like 1

While I'm currently at my quota for foreign girlfriends (at 1, BTW), I do wonder about all the models at the trade shows.

I would imagine they have been pre-screened to keep out the "pros", they range from pretty to absolutely gorgeous, and they have jobs. Only question is, are they approachable?

Anyone have any experience meeting the models at trade shows?

No bragging, just the facts, please.

I'm not single, but have a few friends who are. One is having great luck with Facebook. Another uses Badoo. One very interesting app for the smart phone is skout.

I like to add the red car disco on Walking Street where lots of girls hang out (many of them freelancers, though,so the uestion anout what job you have should be quite early in the conversation...) and then all the Thai discos up and down 3rd road where the "normal Thais" hang out.

It all depends what you are really after. I found that most of the single girls working anywhere. A hairstylist , bank girl, dental assistant store clerk etc. will usually never say no to you taking them out for lunch or dinner. This way you can avoid the freelancers & maybe meet a decent girl. I don't know about the internet. There are a lot of women here dialing for ATM's & really could care less about the person. If you meet a girl in a bar you really take your chances. Place where the players meet. So it is up to you what you are looking for. Word of advice: Be careful on your selection this is a shoppers market so you do not need to lunge at whatever comes your way. I hooked up with a Beautician that cut my hair & we have been together almost 10 years now.

Happy hunting!

I like to add the red car disco on Walking Street where lots of girls hang out (many of them freelancers, though,so the uestion anout what job you have should be quite early in the conversation...) and then all the Thai discos up and down 3rd road where the "normal Thais" hang out.

Agree on 3rd Road too. But take a little care with some of those Thai places. Obviously a little common sense is needed.

Apart from that, I have noticed that using the smaller Tesco / 7/11 shops on a regular basis can sometimes get you hitched up or at least chatting. Same with your local market. There are often a few hot looking women in the local markets.

I learnt a long time ago up north in the Thai bars, that being a regular and without a woman in tow used to get me a lot of phone numbers. It would start with me looking around the room and catching the eye of some ladies. I'd raise my glass at them. If they returned the gesture, that was often a good start.

Maybe works the same way in Pattaya bars that Thai women frequent.

It can be a slow process though.

Their eyes and their smile are also a good starting point...... IMHO :P

I never even knew there were any discos on 3rd rd. Shows how often I go into the big city I guess lol.

I just hate discos because it is hard to have a conversation with the loud music but yes they are a great place to meet single woman looking for a relationship.

I was kind of hoping something had opened up like what i was saying about the old "PJ Pool Bar" on soi khao noi. Every Friday there was a Thai girl who played there with her Afro-American bf a very well know rapper and entertainer in Pattaya and it used to draw a good crowd of single woman. It was not to loud and had the pool and pool-table etc to "mingle" around and the staff were not "bar girls" so to speak. Malcolm, the Australian owner was a pleasant guy and always put on a free food spread and it was quite a nice place to go especially for those of us who live on the dark side.

I have always thought that if someone was to open a "Singles Bar" here in Pattaya and monitored it for free-lancers etc. that they would do quite well. There are a lot of nice single normal working woman here in Pattaya that would love to meet a farang but are not into the disco scene.

I am always hoping someone will open an acoustic jam night up and call it a singles dance. tongue.png

I never even knew there were any discos on 3rd rd. Shows how often I go into the big city I guess lol.

I just hate discos because it is hard to have a conversation with the loud music but yes they are a great place to meet single woman looking for a relationship.

I was kind of hoping something had opened up like what i was saying about the old "PJ Pool Bar" on soi khao noi. Every Friday there was a Thai girl who played there with her Afro-American bf a very well know rapper and entertainer in Pattaya and it used to draw a good crowd of single woman. It was not to loud and had the pool and pool-table etc to "mingle" around and the staff were not "bar girls" so to speak. Malcolm, the Australian owner was a pleasant guy and always put on a free food spread and it was quite a nice place to go especially for those of us who live on the dark side.

I have always thought that if someone was to open a "Singles Bar" here in Pattaya and monitored it for free-lancers etc. that they would do quite well. There are a lot of nice single normal working woman here in Pattaya that would love to meet a farang but are not into the disco scene.

I am always hoping someone will open an acoustic jam night up and call it a singles dance. tongue.png

PJ had a sign out front yesterday advertising a band and free food for last night.

internet dating. you need to know how it all works. the internet dating culture/tricks/tips and scams. it's like going to school with some happy endings too.

True. Internet dating works very well, personally I have met several very nice girls this way in different countries in Asia, of wich some became girlfriends and other friends. Although for careless/naïeve people I would not recommend it or just say use your intuïtion. I only use dateinasia dot com because it's a very well maintained 100% free datingsite that cares about safe dating. It has an 'advanced search' option that's interesting because you can e.g. search for university grads, 18-28 years who don't smoke, don't have a baby, are single and live in your city etc. Don't remember I had any bad experience with people I met via that site. I would never pay for online dating, that's nothing but clever marketing.

Gotto watch out in that Beer Garden - quite a few "free lancers" who are not "free" next morning with their hand out asking for X amount of baht.

Internet dating is fraught with danger...and you dont know how bad a person smells or their personal quirks until they turn up. Guy I know met a woman that had posted 10 year old photos when she weighed 50kg but was now over 80kg when she showed up...

Try just chatting to the women working in banks, money exchange booths, hotel receptions, staff in 7/11's or even tour company guides.

A web cam would solve that problem.

Many girls use other girl's photos too. Photos of models, actresses etc. A friend of mine got caught out like this until my wife recognized his "internet date" from TV and magazines.