Avatar Manager Is Crooked, Seems To Be A Database Error

rubberduck

Avatars that you delete are NOT removed from the database

When uploading a new one from system or upload via url, you don't get the one that you just uploaded but a previously removed one instead. So not even the most recent one but one before you have removed.

Sometimes however if you click on the 'crop' function and 'OK' you see the previously deleted on on the left and the new one on the right, but if you save this one the old one still appears on the forum.

It's totally crooked.

These are caching issues, either your local cache or the ISP cache and can take time before it gets updated. The image(s) are in cache and have tags associated with them and can reflect an older image due to that. Not the database itself.

These are caching issues, either your local cache or the ISP cache and can take time before it gets updated. The image(s) are in cache and have tags associated with them and can reflect an older image due to that. Not the database itself.

I scan and clear my cache around 5 times a day, newly uploaded images ofcourse have a completely different image ID, exif data and title so this should not be possible.

I scan and clear my cache around 5 times a day, newly uploaded images ofcourse have a completely different image ID, exif data and title so this should not be possible.

ISP cache is the general culprit and can take from hours to days before it is cleared. Thai ISP have a tendency to use long TTL (time to live) in their cache configurations. My reference was to cache tags, nothing to do with EXIF data.