A Shocking Video...

There was so much nonsensical rubbish in the video I saw it was beyond comprehension and made me feel insulted to have to endure such mindlessness just to obtain the "privilege" of being a driver in Thailand..But TIT..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I think some people are missing the point........

The image shows a vehicle overtaking a lorry (Thailand drives on the left hand side and the camera is in the overtaking vehicle).

The danger here is that the vehicle is overtaking near the crest of a hill and cannot see if there is an oncoming vehicle just beyond the crest = dangerous

I thank you wai2.gif

That would be funny if it wasn't the cause of several needless deaths a day in Asia.

However good and careful a driver you are you can come face to face with someone who really does think this is OK and there's nowhere to go. Really, I was quite shocked at some of the dumb stuff in that video and dread to think what the folk in the next classroom were "learning" prior to taking their first test.

There was so much nonsensical rubbish in the video I saw it was beyond comprehension and made me feel insulted to have to endure such mindlessness just to obtain the "privilege" of being a driver in Thailand..But TIT..

If you gone in with your Stig driving clothes on they would of let you off.laugh.png

• Like 1

That would be funny if it wasn't the cause of several needless deaths a day in Asia.

However good and careful a driver you are you can come face to face with someone who really does think this is OK and there's nowhere to go. Really, I was quite shocked at some of the dumb stuff in that video and dread to think what the folk in the next classroom were "learning" prior to taking their first test.

You can come upon bad drivers all over the world, you want to try India and some of the Arab countries.

On the whole I find drivers in Thailand OK athough the training side of things and some skills are still lacking. smile.png

• Like 2

Every thing is fine.

Overtaking on a hill crest or blind corner is perfectly acceptable and safe.

In the shot you just cant see that the overtaking vehicle is flashing his head lights to claim right of way.

Actually, flashing headlights is mentioned in the highway code... but just to warn the car being overtaken. I would have believed you did that through the blinkers... -_-

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Every thing is fine.

Overtaking on a hill crest or blind corner is perfectly acceptable and safe.

In the shot you just cant see that the overtaking vehicle is flashing his head lights to claim right of way.

Actually, flashing headlights is mentioned in the highway code... but just to warn the car being overtaken. I would have believed you did that through the blinkers... sleep.png

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It maybe mentioned but it means more than that on the road.

You can come upon bad drivers all over the world, you want to try India and some of the Arab countries.

On the whole I find drivers in Thailand OK athough the training side of things and some skills are still lacking. smile.png

Try Pakistan! cheesy.gif

• Like 1

It's still funny... smile.png

• Like 1

If you gone in with your Stig driving clothes on they would of let you off.laugh.png

I thought about it but it was just too damn hot in there laugh.pngthumbsup.gif ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I thought about it but it was just too damn hot in there laugh.pngthumbsup.gif ..

I guess we are high so in Sukhothai our DLT has air-con. wai.gif

I guess we are high so in Sukhothai our DLT has air-con. wai.gif

Yes you must be, ours did too but 40 Thai's snoring and all, that's a lot of hot air!! tongue.png

• Like 1

Two lanes here and a clear picture of what no-one should never, ever do.

Even looking at the picture above makes me feel nervous...

I don't understand... What is the problem on this picture ??

What I see is the vehicle with the camera who overtakes a truck

using the second of the 2 lines he can use on this highway.

The danger here is that the vehicle is overtaking near the crest of a hill

and cannot see if there is an oncoming vehicle just beyond the crest = dangerous

Ground marks (lines) says it's a one-way road, so no oncoming vehicle expected.

I had less than a second to avoid a big lorry overtaking a bus going up a hill near the crest in which both vehicles occupied all available lanes. Luckily for me the shoulder was just wide enough to get by without being hit head on by the ass**** lorry driver. F******* idiots!

I had less than a second to avoid a big lorry overtaking a bus going up a hill near the crest in which both vehicles occupied all available lanes. Luckily for me the shoulder was just wide enough to get by without being hit head on by the ass**** lorry driver. F******* idiots!

It is know among Thai drivers that a large lorry overtaking and flashing his lights at you, expects you to pull over so he can continue to overtake.

When the likes of what happen to you. cannot see over the crest at the time, not nice at all, have had it happen to me with cars too.