Non-Immigrant O (Melbourne)

We need to get my wife a non-immigrant O down in Mebourne based on marriage to a Thai national.

I was just looking for the single entry ($90), but according to the website the only option seems to be a $225 version (multi entry?).

http://www.thaiconsulatemelbourne.com/non-immigrant-visa.php

So a couple of questions:

1) Has anyone had any experience getting a single non-O in Melbourne?

2) I also understand there is the option of my wife just entering on a 30 day entry and having that converted to a non-O. Can anyone walk me through that process and tell me what the cost of this is?

Many thanks in advance.

Cost is 2,000 baht and only done in extension of stay process (so normally show of funds required for male). Expect it should be the same process without the funds for your wife - should have 15 days or more remaining on permitted to stay and then after 60 days do the actual extension of stay. Requirement for Thai will be ID card and home register. If foreign marriage suspect will have to have registered in Thailand and that another process taking few days. For sure it will be required for the actual extension.

But I am sure any Consulate will issue a single entry non immigrant O visa if you ask. That link says it is single entry for $90 (not multi entry) - they will only issue up to a two entry per website.

Non-Immigrant 'O' Visa Information
General Purpose
Non-Immigrant visa category 'O' is for the applicants wishing to enter the Kingdom of Thailand on a long term holiday, visiting family or friend, or volunteer purposes. An applicant can only apply at maximum 2 entries.
Requirements
The passport must be in order and valid for AT LEAST 6 months, beyond the proposed day of entry into Thailand.
Two passport size photographs (taken no more than 3 months).
A copy of itinerary.
Additional document (volunteer purpose only)
4.1 A support letter from an organization.
Filled in visa application form. (application form)
Visa fee AU$90 per entry (cash, bank cheque, or money order only).
*All visa applications must be submitted within 3 months of travelling to Thailand.*

I always use the non imm O. But get mine in Brisbane. As i understand it, this visa is based on income and amount of money in the bank.

I know of mates getting a 6 month visa for their fiancee's to enter Australia.

Edited by oldsailor35