I Can't Open My Cd Burner

Neeranam

I tried the tooth-pick and it did open but it still doesn't work. Maybe it has simply died.

Is there anything I could do to check if it still showing online. I know nothing about computers, especially fault finding.

I tried the tooth-pick and it did open but it still doesn't work. Maybe it has simply died.

Is there anything I could do to check if it still showing online. I know nothing about computers, especially fault finding.

Just look in explorer and you should see an icon showing a CD. I assume you restarted the computer and still didn't work?

Edited by tywais

maybe a toothpick is too big, try something smaller, but stable.

A hard wire or something like that.

maybe a toothpick is too big, try something smaller, but stable.

A hard wire or something like that.

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2006-03-27 10:49:38)

straighten out a metal paper clip. works all the time.

Actually I was lying - I tried a 'fruit stick' and then a pice of wire.

I haven't tried restarting the computer - I guess that makes sense.

I'll do that when i get home from work.

Bonsaimax - I wondered where my old avatar went!

it needs to be strong

I have a drive on one of my boxes that is solid every now and then , dust and no use causes it to freeze up.

I use the smallest jewelers screwdriver I have , but anything strong and thin will do.

as you press the thin oblect in the hole , press the release button on the drive also , just try not to let it hit your hand else it will go straight back in.

when you press your thin bit in :o you will feel it push about 1/8 th of an inch.