511 Taclite Pro Pants Heads Up

KRS1

Anyone in CNX looking for some good riding pants Central Airport has 5.11 Tactical pants at IBIS on the bottom floor. Wont save your ass in a slide, but fit really good for riding, 65% polyester 35% cotton polycotton ripstop fabric, has tons of pockets, wide crotch to put knee down, semi-elastic waist, 5 velcro pockets plus 3 more and waterproof except for heaviest showers ( i just held them under the faucet for 30 seconds and only the outside got slightly damp , inside was dry), double layer shin area...very cool airy pants. Knee pads will fit underneath. 550 baht, these would go for 1500-2000 baht in the US. Good for hiking too to avoid scraping from shrubs.

36 waist 32 length and up...Black, Navy Blue, Beige available. Get em while you can !

Edited by KRS1
  • Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up KRS1. Saw the post in the Chiang Mai forum. Managed to pick up 6 pair for a little less than 2 pair would cost at the 5.11 store. And they had them in my size 38 x 30. I was there about an hour and a half ago and it looked like they had plenty left including a bunch in the storage room.

David

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up KRS1. Saw the post in the Chiang Mai forum. Managed to pick up 6 pair for a little less than 2 pair would cost at the 5.11 store. And they had them in my size 38 x 30. I was there about an hour and a half ago and it looked like they had plenty left including a bunch in the storage room.

David

Awesome ! I really like these pants, very comfy...no belt needed ! They even have that little strap on the right back to hang gloves off of...as well as the front keychain loop. My phone (Nokia 311) fits perfectly in the 'magazine' holder...LOL

KRS1, did you notice if they have any other 5.11 pants styles there? I was so focused on the Taclite Pros that I forgot to look. I am trying to find some of the Covert Cargo Pants too.

David

I forgot to look too, i have to go back and get some shorts though and I'll take a look while im there.

btw...im washing a pair right now, the inside tag says to turn inside out when washing...guess so the teflon coating will last longer. You might want to wash them first...theyre pretty dirty.

I forgot to look too, i have to go back and get some shorts though and I'll take a look while im there.

btw...im washing a pair right now, the inside tag says to turn inside out when washing...guess so the teflon coating will last longer. You might want to wash them first...theyre pretty dirty.

Maybe I'll run into you there. I'm going to head back tomorrow and see what else they may have.

As for washing, I dropped them off with the woman that does my laundry. I always do a quick wash on new clothes before wearing just to see if they are going to shrink or bleed.

David

Just handwashed them, really easy to wash, the soap came completely out during the first rinse, didnt even have to wring the detergent out clap2.gif

Good for washing on the road while traveling ! thumbsup.gif Going to pick up two more pair .

Hung them up at 735 PM...will report back when dry, and i wont even use my outdoor air conditioner unit to dry them like i always do....biggrin.png

These are drying at night too, so direct sunlight should be much faster. Not humid tonight either so that should cut down on drying time.

Edited by KRS1

i want some..2 pairs.. waist size 38-40 inside leg 31.black or a darker colour would be good.... can someone get for me and post down to nakhon pathom...
please ..pretty please.. i can transfer the money to your thai bank account..

gotta say those covert pants are nice as well.. one pair of those in green or Khaki would be nice too biggrin.png thumbsup.gif

Edited by thaicbr

i want some..2 pairs.. waist size 38-40 inside leg 31.black or a darker colour would be good.... can someone get for me and post down to nakhon pathom...

please ..pretty please.. i can transfer the money to your thai bank account..

gotta say those covert pants are nice as well.. one pair of those in green or Khaki would be nice too biggrin.png thumbsup.gif

Its your lucky day man, i'll hook you up...send me a PM with shipping address with preferred size and alternate size.

You can always cut to length.

Couldnt post last night had bluetoth problems, but they were dry and wearable by Midnight.

In direct sunlight they wold have dried within an hour.

thaicbr check your PM, package sent.

Couldnt post last night had bluetoth problems, but they were dry and wearable by Midnight.

Thanks for the information. Sounds like they will be good for travel.

Just got back from Ibis and, unfortunately, the Taclife Pro pants are the only ones they have - but they do have a good pile of them left. I was sure hoping they had the Covert Khaki 2.0 pants but I saved enough on the Pros that I can afford a couple of the Coverts at full price.

David

Just got back from Ibis and, unfortunately, the Taclife Pro pants are the only ones they have - but they do have a good pile of them left. I was sure hoping they had the Covert Khaki 2.0 pants but I saved enough on the Pros that I can afford a couple of the Coverts at full price.

David

Today i got the cuter salesgirl that pulled Thaicbr's pants out of the storage room...lucky man, i got the mean chubby one.

Edited by KRS1

David

Today i got the cuter salesgirl that pulled Thaicbr's pants out of the storage room...lucky man, i got the mean chubby one.

Wow. They pull your pants down as well... I may have to make a trip up for some more trousers :D:P

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Theres plenty left, but if they dont have your size ask the salesgirls and theyll check in the store room...thats how i got them for thaicbr.

Not all sizes are on display.

• Like 1

Today i went out to the Chiang Mai Grand Canyon (old Quarry, turn right at first bridge after PT gas station after crossing 1269 on canal road)) and went swimming in them, spur of the moment thing... by the time i drove back to CNX the legs were completely dry. The back was still a little damp though.

So 15 minutes while riding and your good to go.

Edited by KRS1

Today i went out to the Chiang Mai Grand Canyon (old Quarry, turn right at first bridge after PT gas station after crossing 1269 on canal road)) and went swimming in them, spur of the moment thing... by the time i drove back to CNX the legs were completely dry. The back was still a little damp though.

So 15 minutes while riding and your good to go.

These are shaping up to be almost perfect riding pants. I'm anxious to see if my Bohn Body Armor will fit under them. I'm pretty sure they will. That will raise them to perfect from my perspective.

David

Can someone who is willing to post to Bangkok please PM me with the total cost (inc. EMS and tip) and I can bank transfer the money.

Navy blue, 36 waist (I'll have the inside leg measurement later, though it won't need to be exact).

Thanks.

Edited by Salapoo

Went to Kad Suan Kaew today on a hunch that other shops may have the same pants. There were some other type of 5.11 pants located on the 1st floor, its the shop that is located by the main entrance on the left by the escalators.

These were a different style, dont know which model but the fabric is different...inside the waistband had rubber on it for grip.

Went to Kad Suan Kaew today on a hunch that other shops may have the same pants. There were some other type of 5.11 pants located on the 1st floor, its the shop that is located by the main entrance on the left by the escalators.

These were a different style, dont know which model but the fabric is different...inside the waistband had rubber on it for grip.

Sounds like it might be worth a run over tomorrow. Did they look like the real thing or just a knock off?

David

Sounds like it might be worth a run over tomorrow. Did they look like the real thing or just a knock off?

David

I'm pretty sure they were real, had a whole table full of them. I wouldnt think knock offs would have the rubber on the inside.

I like the Taclite Pros better though, the ones at KSK look like ordinary pants.