511 Taclite Pro Pants Heads Up

KRS1

Went to Kad Suan Kaew today on a hunch that other shops may have the same pants. There were some other type of 5.11 pants located on the 1st floor, its the shop that is located by the main entrance on the left by the escalators.

These were a different style, dont know which model but the fabric is different...inside the waistband had rubber on it for grip.

Sounds like it might be worth a run over tomorrow. Did they look like the real thing or just a knock off?

David

I'm pretty sure they were real, had a whole table full of them. I wouldnt think knock offs would have the rubber on the inside.

I like the Taclite Pros better though, the ones at KSK look like ordinary pants.

I'll still have a look. The Covert Khacki 2.0 pants look like ordinary pants and I would love to get some of them for traveling.

David

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mINE ARRIVED TODAY.. tHANKS AGAIN kRS1.

Nice trousers. lightweight decent material.. Only tiny gripe.. pop stud waist fastener but it does have a button on the opposite side.

Krs1.. good job we went with the 40's and not the 38's these are either sized correctly and all my jeans are sized bigger or these are sized slightly small.. it's all good thoughbiggrin.png

On the website it says the way they get them to fit is an 'industry secret'...lol

Finally...no more belts, tired of pulling my pants up !

Went to Kad Suan Kaew today on a hunch that other shops may have the same pants. There were some other type of 5.11 pants located on the 1st floor, its the shop that is located by the main entrance on the left by the escalators.

These were a different style, dont know which model but the fabric is different...inside the waistband had rubber on it for grip.

Sounds like it might be worth a run over tomorrow. Did they look like the real thing or just a knock off?

David

I'm pretty sure they were real, had a whole table full of them. I wouldnt think knock offs would have the rubber on the inside.

I like the Taclite Pros better though, the ones at KSK look like ordinary pants.

I'll still have a look. The Covert Khacki 2.0 pants look like ordinary pants and I would love to get some of them for traveling.

David

They looked like the 'Traverse' line up. Could be wrong though, but i remember seeing pocket with velcro flaps.

They have brown and green also.

Salapoo, I would volunteer but I don't have a Thai bank account.

David

Haha, that's alright Dave, I'm only joking about looking around BKK.

The thread got me thinking though. I might look into the vinyl jeans that I think Sumet sells. I'm not a big tourer or fast rider, and just use leg/knee protectors under standard jeans and full upper body armour when out. Might as well upgrade the bottom half. biggrin.png Thanks for the thread OP.

Edited by Salapoo

Few days ago there were some (Taclite) in the Export 71 shop on Huay Kaew Rd, just before the canal road traffic lights (going towards Doi Suthep). Same price. All the 34 waist gone though, unfortunately. If you see any, ...

The shops that are selling them right now carry overstock. They are either made in Thailand or Cambodia.

These shops buy clothes by the kilo.

Edited by KRS1

Those pants look pretty awesome. Do you think they are a copy if it sells for $60.00 in the states & only 550 baht here? The video was pretty good!

They are real. My gf works for a textile company that makes 5.11 womens blouses. Says all tags and stitched on logos the same.

I like em.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1

Few days ago there were some (Taclite) in the Export 71 shop on Huay Kaew Rd, just before the canal road traffic lights (going towards Doi Suthep). Same price. All the 34 waist gone though, unfortunately. If you see any, ...

Awesome !

Get em while you can!

There are export shops in BKK too, so you guys that are down there may want to go take a look...i know there are locations at Seacon Square, Central Bangna and the Petburi and Klong Tan intersection (main branch, turn left at klong tan if headed towards airport)

Edited by KRS1

Just got back from Kad Suan Kaew and 71 Export. At 71 Export, they only had about 4 pair of 5.11 pants and none of them were the Taclite Pro version. Due to the limited supply, probably not worth the trip over there. At the Kad Suan Kaew shop that KRS1 mentioned, they have a fairly good supply of 5.11 pants but they are not the Taclite Pros either. If I remember correctly, they are a nylon/polyester blend rather than the cotton/polyester blend of the ones at Ibis. While they feel very comfortable to the touch (soft and silky), the did not feel as robust and durable as the ones at Ibis. If you are going to get them for riding, I really recommend the ones at Ibis. I think Ibis also has a wider selection of sizes than I saw at Kad Suan Kaew.

David

• Like 1

I went to IBIS and got a pair of the Pro pants. Good deal at the price and they seen quite rugged, though I would have doubts as to the utility as wet weather pants.........

Look inside the leg cuffs. Looks as if there was an intention to have a draw string in there, and somehow it got missed in production. Still, a good possible feature.

Stock at IBIS was getting low......some 38/30's 40/32's and maybe one 36/32 left.

Glad I got them.

• Like 1

UPDATE: More Taclite Pros found on 2nd floor Kad Suan Kaew, the export shop with a green and white sign by the front escalators....not the shop on the first floor. Same stuff as IBIS.

Same Prices

If you reach on the inside (interior) of the knee/shin area there is a slit to insert pads. I'll track some down and see where i can get some that fit. Shin guards for playing soccer come to mind.

On the North side of the moat, there is an old guy that can cut the pants to length for under 50 baht. But if theyre being strictly used for riding an extra 2 " is good to cover the ankles, im trying to decide whether to cut them or not since i had to buy 2" longer length than my size.

The bottom of the beige ones get pretty dirty from chain fling and from a dirty front sprocket cover, just something to keep in mind as its pretty hard to get out. scooters should be cleaner.

Sailaway, pour a glass of water over the pants thumbsup.gif

Edited by KRS1

UPDATE: More Taclite Pros found on 2nd floor Kad Suan Kaew, the export shop with a green and white sign by the front escalators....not the shop on the first floor. Same stuff as IBIS.

Same Prices

If you reach on the inside (interior) of the knee/shin area there is a slit to insert pads. I'll track some down and see where i can get some that fit. Shin guards for playing soccer come to mind.

On the North side of the moat, there is an old guy that can cut the pants to length for under 50 baht. But if theyre being strictly used for riding an extra 2 " is good to cover the ankles, im trying to decide whether to cut them or not since i had to buy 2" longer length than my size.

The bottom of the beige ones get pretty dirty from chain fling and from a dirty front sprocket cover, just something to keep in mind as its pretty hard to get out. scooters should be cleaner.

Sailaway, pour a glass of water over the pants thumbsup.gif

KRS1

You are going to make me go shopping again. I am now wondering if 6 pair of these are enough. biggrin.png I have been wearing a pair of them all day - riding and just hanging out - and they do feel very comfortable.

David

Edited by Genericnic

OK, I'm good to go. Just picked up 4 more pair at the Export store in Kad Suan Kaew. If you don't find your size at Ibis in Central Airport Plaza, cruise on over to Kad Suan Kaew and then may have what you need.

David

They have rip stop shorts available in the shop too!

My wife washed the pairs I bought yesterday, today. I can't believe how fast they dried in the sun, my socks were still wet when I took the pants off the clothesline.

Wore a black pair tonight on my ride to work. A bit apprehensive at first with the back pockets. I kept checking if my wallet was still there, fearing it might fall off. The material is really light. I thought it would be too warm to wear in this hot weather, but it seems OK. The fit is comfortable too. For the first few minutes, I did miss that snug feeling I get when wearing jeans.

They kind of remind me of army fatigues I used to wear during my ROTC days.

Speaking of knee pads, not sure if proper riding knee guards would fit but I reckon these would be easy to make...

Edited by RED21

Are those shorts 5.11 or another brand? I was interested in converting a couple pairs to shorts, since these are pants that i actually dont require a belt to wear, they dont fall down...clap2.gif

I was also thinking of making some knee pads, but trying to think of how to get the concave curvature. Rubber mat is available around CNX and its possible. Im wondering if i heat some up and cool it while its shaped concave, if it would retain the shape.

Edited by KRS1

Thanks for the tip, these look really good... especially for 550 BHT!

I've got TAD pants, same idea, and insanely well made, but also $120 a piece in the US and never seen them here. What I love most about them is that they have more pockets than you'll ever need. 4 front, 2 back, 2 huge cargo pockets, 2 inside back pockets perfect for spies, and plenty of pockets inside those pockets as well. And a bunch of D-rings.

• Like 1

You can get CE knee armour on ebay for about 500 bht. Then get someone to sew a couple of pockets on the inside.......job done.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

These 511 Taclite pants come with knee/shin pockets to stick pads in thumbsup.gif

Hole is a little small though

Im getting 1 more pair to turn into shorts.

Dont get any more ideas Dave....lolbiggrin.png

I'm thinking maybe a zipper so they are convertible, if the pockets don't get in the way.

Polyester/cotton.......my favorite blend for shirts too..

Im getting 1 more pair to turn into shorts.

Dont get any more ideas Dave....lolbiggrin.png

I'm thinking maybe a zipper so they are convertible, if the pockets don't get in the way.

Polyester/cotton.......my favorite blend for shirts too..

Was thinking the same, but dont know if the zipper would act like a chain saw in case of a crash. Velcro maybe...

Got a couple pairs cut down into shorts, i like em....lookin' sexy...lol

ummm dont go get them cut at the guy previously mentioned, he didnt do such a hot job this time.

I believe knee pads will fit in the back pockets. Going to order some Knox knee pads and get rid of the Dainese.

photo0073.jpg

photo0074.jpg