Tahini Paste

mikejphuket

If you can't find it just make your own.

Put the sesame seeds in an electric grinder and some add water and sesame oil as you process them. Manage consistency by adding more water and sesame oil. Very easy, I've made lots of tahini paste for home-made hummus.

Put the sesame seeds in an electric grinder and some add water and sesame oil as you process them. Manage consistency by adding more water and sesame oil. Very easy, I've made lots of tahini paste for home-made hummus.

Tried that too and its much easier and almost cheaper to just drop by family restaurant and ask for some basic hummus that you can spice up yourself.

Pretty much everyone i know just drops by family and buys it from them.

Don't forget to toast the sesame seeds in a fry pan before you grind them. I also use peanut oil. My Thai wife had never heard of it so maybe is is just called Tahini.

For Tahini and hummus I blend up the chick peas (Garbanzo beans) with a half cup lemon juice, big glob of honey and a couple big spoons of tahini. Really tasty that way.

• Like 2

Tried that too and its much easier and almost cheaper to just drop by family restaurant and ask for some basic hummus that you can spice up yourself.

Thanks! Good to know there is a "family restaurant" that sells hummus in Phuket.

Thanks! Good to know there is a "family restaurant" that sells hummus in Phuket.

it's called family. It's right next to the small tesco @ chalong(close to cirlce/villa market)

They're pretty much the experts on these kinds of food around here. They have a top notch rep amongst expats

• Like 1

We do sell Tahini and also will soon be geting unhulled as well as hulled. Made from organic sesame seeds.

Thank you for the posts and recommendations. We are in Phuket but ship anywhere in Thailand and have a pick up locagtion in Nai Harn however we will be moving our warehouse to Cherng Talay and have a pick up location there.

The shopping cart system calculates the shipping and we use EMS whichi is usually 2-3 for most of the Thailand. We also send you the EMS tracking info.

We have many health foods and natural foods and some hard to find items as well as monthly specials.

Thank you again for the recommendations!

• Like 1

www.goodkarmathailand.com, they are an onlne store but can supply from 2 local places.

Thanks for this! Has anyone used this? What is the shipping fee for their EMS delivery?

mate, I ordered and and for the pink salt and borax, got an email friday it had been posted and it arrived saturday, bloody brilliant service and I will be using them often now.biggrin.png

Edited by seajae

• 2 weeks later...