Anyone Running E20?

KRS1

Tempted to try E20 in a CBR 250...anyone been using this? Im thinking it will run lean and hopefully the ECU will adapt since it can swing 20% deviation.

i used it for the last few fill ups.. no major problems.. gonna go back to e10 just cos i don't like the slightly lumpy intial start and the smell of the exhaust.. dunno just smells strange..maybe the alcohol.

i used it for the last few fill ups.. no major problems.. gonna go back to e10 just cos i don't like the slightly lumpy intial start and the smell of the exhaust.. dunno just smells strange..maybe the alcohol.

run the same? any change in vibration at certain rpms?

I didn't even know you could run E20 in bikes. The Kwacker 650's and 250's say E10 right on the tank.

But I do notice a drop in range when I use gasahol vs benzine. But since I don't often get up to Caltex in Kathu or Cheng Talay, I am pretty much stuck with gasahol now at Shell, PTT and LemonGreen.

Edited by NomadJoe

run the same? any change in vibration at certain rpms?

Got the cbr250 vibes, eh. :D

No, adding more ethanol isn't going to do much for them.

I use it in the Honda Click because it's been ok'd by Honda. But I've never used it on a CBR as it's not been listed in the manual, so unless Honda give the ok on it I wouldn't use it.

Apart from that, I would rather use it ifs accepted by the manufacturer. Theres a lot of hate with Gasohol and E20 about engineware myths, as long as the bike is new and has been designed for ethanol fuels then it's fine i.e. configured ECU and neoprene pipes. It's cheaper and higher Octane, who wouldn't use it? i would use E80 99 Octane fuel if it was listed as ok by Honda.

I didn't even know you could run E20 in bikes. The Kwacker 650's and 250's say E10 right on the tank.

But I do notice a drop in range when I use gasahol vs benzine. But since I don't often get up to Caltex in Kathu or Cheng Talay, I am pretty much stuck with gasahol now at Shell, PTT and LemonGreen.

They all say E10 on the tank, but if you checkout the manual it will tell you all the fuels you can use.
Edited by Bingo66

I use it in the Honda Click because it's been ok'd by Honda. But I've never used it on a CBR as it's not been listed in the manual, so unless Honda give the ok on it I wouldn't use it.

Apart from that, I would rather use it ifs accepted by the manufacturer. Theres a lot of hate with Gasohol and E20 about engineware myths, as long as the bike is new and has been designed for ethanol fuels then it's fine i.e. configured ECU and neoprene pipes. It's cheaper and higher Octane, who wouldn't use it? i would use E80 99 Octane fuel if it was listed as ok by Honda.

They all say E10 on the tank, but if you checkout the manual it will tell you all the fuels you can use.

For the Cbr250. E20 is most definitely on the manual. It's on the Yellow circle at the top.

post-62652-0-38243600-1369757862_thumb.j

Edited by thaicbr
  • Like 1

For the Cbr250. E20 is most definitely on the manual. It's on the Yellow circle at the top.

attachicon.gifIMG_20130528_231436.jpg

Then you are good to use it! and I would! What year is it? I don't recall the 2012 CBR 150 allowing E20.

Then you are good to use it! and I would! What year is it? I don't recall the 2012 CBR 150 allowing E20.

The manual might say you can use it, but that doesn't mean it's good. I'm not knocking gasohol as I use it myself, either 91 or 95, but E20 is the cheapest. You've said yourself on another thread that your new bike is not running well at all and you use E20. Try E10 it may improve it.

The manual might say you can use it, but that doesn't mean it's good. I'm not knocking gasohol as I use it myself, either 91 or 95, but E20 is the cheapest. You've said yourself on another thread that your new bike is not running well at all and you use E20. Try E10 it may improve it.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/638324-91-or-95/page-2

It's the cheapest because it's 20% Ethanol and Ethanol is cheaper to produce than Benzine ... I said I first ran the bike on Benzine and 91 Gasohol, no difference, it's just a POS.

My owner's manual specifically states not to use fuel with an ethanol content of over 10%- I would imagine that's pretty much standard for most new bikes of large (600c+) displacement- it also requires 95 octane.

If someone has a 600cc+ bike that allows for E20, please post the info.

Edited- while my manual does state the 10% ethanol restriction, it also says 90 octane is the minimum requirement- the sticker on the bike (specifically for Thailand) says 95...

Edited by RubberSideDown

i tried running E20 on my bike (150 TZM Yamaha) ...i got more petrol since it's cheap but my bike's rpm was not as strong when I was using Benzine or even Gasohol 91.

You should NOT use gasohol in a 2 stroke bike.. it's alcohol so washes the bores of the 2t oil.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

My owner's manual specifically states not to use fuel with an ethanol content of over 10%- I would imagine that's pretty much standard for most new bikes of large (600c+) displacement- it also requires 95 octane.

If someone has a 600cc+ bike that allows for E20, please post the info.

Edited- while my manual does state the 10% ethanol restriction, it also says 90 octane is the minimum requirement- the sticker on the bike (specifically for Thailand) says 95...

Different ways of measuring the Octane. 100 RON Octane (Thailand) x 0.95 = 95 AKI Octane (US measure). So Thailand 95 is basically the same as US 90. I think that's why the Thailand sticker says 95 but the manual says 90. I only use 95 Benzine in my gsxr. I'll use Gasohol 91 in the Ninja as long as I'm going to burn it within a day or two. If it's going to stand for a while I'll put Benzine in that as well.

• Like 1