Getting Ready For The 1 Year Extension Based On Marriage

Last year I got my first marriage VISA at the Savannakhet offices (no income etc needed) so I now plan on getting the extension at the Bangkok office. What I'm not sure about is the difference between the 2 VISAs but I think with the extension I won't be able to travel outside of Thailand without paying for a re-entry permit? If this is the situation is there anyway to get a similar multi-entry VISA on the extension without leaving the country? If it's 1,800 for the extension and 5,000 for the multi-entry I am more than definite to cross border 3+ times in the year (3 x 1000Bt + re-entry permit) so it maybe best to just go with the multi-entry VISA from an embassy outside? Is this the situation?

Also I will be going with the income option where I get probably 60,000 Baht per month but it is to two separate accounts (30 in each) and one account is a shared account with family. Will the shared account be questioned? I can show the other finances of 400,000+ in other accounts but definitely don't want to send it to a Thai account. Is the process for at the UK Embassy for affidavit easy enough? Also I have a condo in Bangkok worth a good few mil, should I try use this as leverage but I know it's not liquid money as they probably are looking for.

Lastly, has there been any changes since the recent shakeups?

Thanks in advance.

A

The extension of stay costs 1900 baht. A single re-entry permit costs 1000 baht and a multiple 3800 baht.

No need to leave every 90 days just make a report to immigration every 90 days if you stay here longer than that.

You need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 60 days or proof of an income of 40k baht that can only be yours.

You can get a income letter from the UK embassy if you can prove income that is earned outside Thailand.

Thanks @ubonjoe. So the extension of stay costs 1900 baht and for the multiple, re-entry this costs an additional 3,800? Do I get this at the same time as the extension or on my first departure from Thailand (e.g. airport).
For income I will only have printouts of online banking from two separate bank accounts. I hope this is enough...

Thanks @ubonjoe. So the extension of stay costs 1900 baht and for the multiple, re-entry this costs an additional 3,800? Do I get this at the same time as the extension or on my first departure from Thailand (e.g. airport).

For income I will only have printouts of online banking from two separate bank accounts. I hope this is enough...

You can get the re-entry permit after you have the one year extension stamp at immigration. That will happen at the end of a 30 day under consideration period you will have after you apply.

If you need to travel during the 30 days you can get single re-entry permit.

You can also get re-entry permits at either airport in Bangkok 24 hours a day.

I am sure the UK embassy will accept printouts of online banking for the previous 3 months to prove your income.

See: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

• 1 month later...

All right, one year has almost passed, and it's time to get ready for another extension!

Looks like I need to get another proof-of-income letter. I called my embassy and they told me that they could send me another letter via post, no need for a trip to Bangkok smile.png That's great news. I've asked if I could get multiple letters at once, like 3 or 4, so I won't need to ask again next year, and they said yes, it's no problem.

So my question is, is there any expiration date for those Proof-of-Income-Letters-Delivered-by-Embassy?

Update:

All documents submitted today at the ChonBuri Immigration in Jomtien:

- They did not want the affirmation to marry.

- They did not ask for an up-to-date KR2.

- They did not want the inside/outside/front-door/building pictures, they only wanted one picture showing both of us. No copy required.

- The did not need 3 copies of the TM.7 forms (like stated in this post), 2 were enough.

- My 3-pages rental contract provided by a registered estate agency showing 3 signatures (owner, agency and renter), the agency's stamp and a copy of the owner's passport was not enough. They provided me with a special form that had to be filled by the owner, which declares hosting a foreigner in his property. Because the owner wasn't in Thailand I had to have this form filled by the agency renting his apartment, plus a special letter stating that the agency has full power to represent the owner!

phhhuuu! finally done!

Here is a summary for newcomers that will use the ChonBuri Immigration office in Jomtien:

• x2 copies of the form TM.7 (download, note: must print on one sheet)

Make sure to complete all the information properly and attach two passport-sized pictures.

Most of the information can be found in your passport, except for your address for which you'll have to use the one in your rental contract (in case you are renting).

• Your Original Passport;
  • x2 copies of your Passport Main Page, Visa Page (Non-Immigrant O), Entry Stamp Page and Departure Card;
  • x2 copies of your KhorRor.2 and KhorRor.3 (or KhorRor.22 if you got married aboard);

Those documents were provided to you when you got married (or registered your marriage) at the Amphoe.

• x2 copies of the Thai ID Card of your wife;
  • x2 copies of the House Registration of your wife;
  • x2 copies of your Rental Contract + x2 copies of the Form Attesting that the Owner/Agency is hosting you;

If the agency fills the above form, you will also need a letter attesting that the agency has full power to represent the owner.

(Doesn't apply if you're owning a property, in which case the documents attesting your ownership should be enough.)

Note: In all cases the address must match the one written on the form TM.7 above.

• Original + x1 copy of the Letter provided by your Embassy attesting a monthly income of no less than 40 000 bath;

Most embassies provide this letter quit easily (no proof required).

Alternative option: having 400 000 bath in your Thai Bank Account for the past two months.

• 1 or more Original Photos showing you and your wife Together in your residence;

Printed pictures are OK.

• x2 copies of a Map to your Residence;

Hand Written or Printed Google Maps are OK.

• 1900 baht
Additional note: You will have to sign the Copies of your Passport. Your wife will have to sign the Copies of her ID Card and House Registration.
It's not that hard after all. Perhaps the Chon-Buri Immigration office make it easier than it is for other offices.

As a reminder for me (and any one else thumbsup.gif ) if using the 400,000 baht in bank method

Jomtien want to see a transaction in the bank book from the day you are applying, even though this will mean that the

amount shown on the letter from the bank is now incorrect ( they can never be correct because the letter always shows amount from yesterday..... don't argue just do it )

2 x copies of latest bank book page with transaction on that day.

2 x copies of bank book first page ( name,office acount number )

Special case just for me as I came into Thailand on Tourist visa and then changed to Non O in Bangkok

2 x copies of Tourist Visa page

2 x copies of last entry into Thailand with Tourist visa page.

sign all pages except house map, marrige docs and wifes docs

wife to sign ID and house book docs.

Edited by johng

• 1 month later...

Went to apply for one year marriage extension. Previously extended in 2010-2012,anyway applied on Thursday and the lady in the middle said that they wanted the affirmation of marriage(certificate of qualification)that you get from your embassy to originally marry in Thailand,been married 10 years, and they are asking for something I don't have. i just been to my embassy in Bangkok and signed a statuary declaration saying something similar to what was said 10 years ago.i already had the kor ror song in thai and english and that was still not good enough according to immigration here in Udon, my embassy was completed baffled by this request. So the head lady at the embassy rang them direct and with my fresh paperwork will try again this week. Will keep you updated if not will speak to a higher ranking officer/ supervisor. As the embassy checked out all there ranks on there computer system and miss money penny has stuff all rank.
Also was told by Udon immigration that if i kept renewing my 2010-12 visa they would not require this,think they are taking the piss,married with two kids living on/off in Udon for 10 years.

The visa extension cost 1900baht and that's is all i am paying,why should i even contemplate paying more,when everything is above board.can not apply for retirement because of my age.

Went to apply for one year marriage extension. Previously extended in 2010-2012,anyway applied on Thursday and the lady in the middle said that they wanted the affirmation of marriage(certificate of qualification)that you get from your embassy to originally marry in Thailand,been married 10 years, and they are asking for something I don't have. i just been to my embassy in Bangkok and signed a statuary declaration saying something similar to what was said 10 years ago.i already had the kor ror song in thai and english and that was still not good enough according to immigration here in Udon, my embassy was completed baffled by this request. So the head lady at the embassy rang them direct and with my fresh paperwork will try again this week. Will keep you updated if not will speak to a higher ranking officer/ supervisor. As the embassy checked out all there ranks on there computer system and miss money penny has stuff all rank.

Also was told by Udon immigration that if i kept renewing my 2010-12 visa they would not require this,think they are taking the piss,married with two kids living on/off in Udon for 10 years.

The visa extension cost 1900baht and that's is all i am paying,why should i even contemplate paying more,when everything is above board.can not apply for retirement because of my age.

Them asking the affirmation of permit to marry is being reported at other immigration offices.

If you cannot satisfy them with what you got from the embassy you will have to go to the Amphoe where you registered your marriage and try to get a copy. This has come up in the past and people were able to get a copy. If they cannot find it (or don't want to look for it) ask them for a letter to immigration stating that.

Udon immigration is at the center of a case of the fake marriages that has been in the news.

• 8 months later...

Not sure if this topic is still going but I will try here for some advice. Here are the details:

US citizen.

I am in Thailand on a NON-O "Marriage Visa".

The expiration is September 1st 2015.

I am a naive idiot and thought that the requirements to renew would be the same but I have just now seen that the 400,000baht needs to be in my account for 3 months not 2. I have only left time to have the money in two months (my account balance reached 400,000 on June 26th). So now my visa will expire on Sept 1st before the money has had 3 months to sit in the account.

My question is what options do I have? Do I need to leave the country and come back on a tourist visa and then switch to NON-O and then extend through marriage again? Is there a better solution to extend? Can I apply for another non-O here in Thailand before my current visa expires?

I would like to limit as much as possible the time I must spend outside of Thailand.

Thanks for the shared wisdom!

This is from Siam Legal's page: (http://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-visa/Thailand-Marriage-Visa.php)

• Bank Account

The marriage visa is valid for a year and can be renewed by presenting the same requirements during the initial application. Please note that the required amount of funds in your bank account must be at least 3 months old before your can renew your visa.

And from an old thread I pulled the attached PDF about extending. Hopefully this is all just old info and 2 months works!

This is from Siam Legal's page: (http://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-visa/Thailand-Marriage-Visa.php)

• Bank Account

The marriage visa is valid for a year and can be renewed by presenting the same requirements during the initial application. Please note that the required amount of funds in your bank account must be at least 3 months old before your can renew your visa.

And from an old thread I pulled the attached PDF about extending. Hopefully this is all just old info and 2 months works!

Commercial web sites should never be relied upon to provide accurate information. Most of these sites are awash with bad advice and misinformation. The link provided is a good example.

Edit !

There is no one year "marriage visa" which can be obtained in Thailand smile.png

Edited by nowretired

• Bank Account

That is outdated by almost 8 years. It is 2 months.

See clause 2.18 of Police Order 327/2557 basis for extension of stay.

• 2 weeks later...

i am gathering all documents needed for renewing my extension based on marriage and immigration told me i need an updated ko ror 22 (last 3 months).

my question is if we registered our marriage in my wife's local amphur in Korat and are now living on Samui how can i get my hands on this?

If i sent someone from my wife's family to the amphur would they give it to them?

thanks for your input

i am gathering all documents needed for renewing my extension based on marriage and immigration told me i need an updated ko ror 22 (last 3 months).

my question is if we registered our marriage in my wife's local amphur in Korat and are now living on Samui how can i get my hands on this?

If i sent someone from my wife's family to the amphur would they give it to them?

thanks for your input

A print out of the Kor Ror 22 can be obtained at any Amphoe for a fee of 20 baht. Your wife can easily get it by doing the request and showing her ID card.

• 1 month later...

Jomtien Immigration today. Renewing extension based on Marrige to Thai:

I addition to what I expected and is detailed above, I needed to :

Photocopy passport pages, every stamp since last extension x2 (tip - check photocopy is clear, those I did on my own scanner in colour were rejected)

Photo prints of wife and me inside house, One photo, 2 prints ( this is in addition to photo including house address signage.)

Photo prints of us plus witness ( as we have no kids), 2 photos, 4 prints

Witness ID card and house book, 2 signed photocopies

Witness attendance on application.

Also caught out when witness interview revealed she has changed her name at some point, therefore 2x signed copies of Amphur registration document. Sorry don't know KR number.

Everything was double checked by a Senior officer taking about twice as long as last time. missus and witness say interview was more detailed and questions asked about my financial status even though I had the money in the bank.

With a 9 am start and bad luck on (lunch) timing I didn't get my passport back till about 2:30 pm. This despite only 3 people total in the queues before me.

Back on October 15th....

Edit: Didn;t need KR22, or affirmation of freedom to marry

Edited by dogleg

Immigration officer informed me a couple of things had changed from last year. Firstly if you don't have a child you need to have a government official (ie village head, teacher etc) testify for you every year, not sure whether that's in person or just copies of their documents. Secondly in addition to bank letter and up to the minute copy of bank book a statement is now required.

I showed him the latest police order in Thai, section on extension for spouse, and asked if the 400k for minimum two months was the correct information, he said it was.

How old the letter from the bank can be depends upon the immigration office you have to use.

The best thing to do is get it the day before you apply for the extension.

Thx for your response.

Any idea for Chaeng Wattana Immi. office and do they calculate working days?

You're right, which I try too, as for last year the bank "forgot" to provide me the document so I had no other choice than to postpone and from what I heard that the bank statement is older than 7 days you've to come back with the correct one (dates)......is that true?

How old the letter from the bank can be depends upon the immigration office you have to use.

Thx for your response.

You're right, which I try too, as for last year the bank "forgot" to provide me the document so I had no other choice than to postpone and from what I heard that the bank statement is older than 7 days you've to come back with the correct one (dates)......is that true?

No later than the last working day before. But they prefer the same day and will want a bank book update on the same day.

Most major banks have branches in the basement of the building and will do the letter without a problem.

Thx for your response.

No later than the last working day before. But they prefer the same day and will want a bank book update on the same day.

Most major banks have branches in the basement of the building and will do the letter without a problem.

Good to know....for sure I'll try that one out at my bank in the basement Ch.Watt. it saves me a lot of head aches.....thx ubonjoe.

• 3 weeks later...

Similar experience to dogleg in post 167 above.

This Monday I went to Jomtien immigration to apply for my 4th extension based on marriage

they informed me that as we don't have children we needed to provide a "witness"

( they didn't ask for a witness last 2 years but did on the first occasion )

Witness had to be someone who isn't a family member needed to bring 2 copies of their ID card and house registration ( tabien bahn)

we also had to provide photos of witness, wife and myself in and outside of our home with house number clearly visible.

As the senior (new) official wasn't at the office they told us to come back on Wednesday or Thursday.

So back again on Wednesday armed with more paper and a witness

the only document I needed to update was the bank book with a transaction on that day 2x photocopies of updated page.

Bank letter and application form ( TM 7 ) where excepted with original date.

Was not asked for updated Kor Ror 2 but provided 2 copies of the original.

also no mention of form TM30 that some have been saying needs to be supplied for all extensions

would seem to be redundant anyway as I'm already in their system doing 90 day reports ?

• 1 year later...

Another year gone already

October 2016 Jomtien
    Original Passport
    x2 copies of the form TM.7 (must print on one sheet double sided, attach two passport-sized pictures)
    x2 copies of your Passport Main Page, Visa Page (Non-Immigrant O), Entry Stamp Page and Departure Card;
    x2 copies of your KhorRor.2 and KhorRor.3 ( double sided )( took originals but not asked to show )
    x2 copies of the Thai ID Card of your wife
    x2 copies of the House Registration of your wife ( took original but not asked to show )
    2 Original Photos showing you and your wife Together in your residence  one inside and one outside showing
    house number   stuck on A4 sheet + 1 copy
    x2 copies of a Map to your Residence;
    1900 baht

As a reminder for me  if using the 400,000 baht in bank method
Jomtien want to see a transaction in the bank book from the day you are applying, even though this will mean that the amount shown on the letter from the bank is now incorrect ( they can never be correct because the letter always shows amount from yesterday..... don't argue just do it )

1 x statement from bank showing  at least 400,000 baht for  2 months  + 1 copy
2 x copies of latest bank book page with transaction on that day.
2 x copies of bank book first page ( name,office acount number )
Special case just for me as I came into Thailand on Tourist visa and then changed to Non O in Bangkok
2 x copies of Tourist Visa page
2 x copies of last entry into Thailand with Tourist visa page.
2 x copies of all  previous marriage extension stamps ( new for 2016 ? )

as we don't have children we needed to provide a "witness"
( they didn't ask for a witness  years 2 or 3 but did on the first occasion )
Witness had to be someone who isn't a family member needed to bring
2 x copies of their ID card and house registration ( tabien bahn)
2 photos of witness, wife and myself  1 outside of our home with house number clearly visible 1 inside house
stuck onto an A4 piece of paper and  then copied

sign all pages except house map, marriage docs and wife's docs
wife to sign ID and house book docs.
witness to sign their document copies
sign more bits of paper  come back for answer next month.

Edited by johng

• 2 weeks later...
On 1 May 2014 at 7:20 PM, ubonjoe said:

The UK embassy does the income letters by mail. The US embassy does not.

Immigration will not accept an income letter that is more than 6 months old.

I have just received my income letter from my state pension provider having decided to go down the monthly earnings route. However I have just checked their website and it states 'payment by credit card', my card however is a  Visa debit card, would this be a problem on application? 

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

I have just received my income letter from my state pension provider having decided to go down the monthly earnings route. However I have just checked their website and it states 'payment by credit card', my card however is a  Visa debit card, would this be a problem on application? 

The authorization form you send for the card states credit/debit card.

Both forms can be downloaded here. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

• Like 1