Foreigner Killed In Bangkok Bar Fight

webfact

One thing I dont understand : Why would anyone be in any bar , any club , where there are Thai males. Its common knowledge that they resent foreign males here. And especially in a club where they are drinking and there are Thai ladies.

Spicey is predominantly an after hours pick-up bar/disco for foreigners. I think your "common knowledge" is faulty.

I think your reading comprehension is faulty.: It may well be a pick up place for foreigners .But there was at least one Thai male in there. And my point is, that is one too many.

Some foreigners are looking to pick up Thai males (of various descriptions).

A Muslim in a bar.. a girly bar.. Nah can't be true. Unless of course he's like the millions of other hypocritical Muslims around the World. Maybe the Thai shooter had seen the news from the UK about the two folk from the religion of peace who hacked a young father to death and he was practicing good self-defence. Give him a few hundred thousand baht together with a big thank you and let him jog on.

Not all Lybians are muslim!

"The gunman, now in police custody, is said to have told authorities that he drew the gun only as a last resort as it became obvious that he and his pals were about to lose the fight"

Poor guy. Got into a fight and couldn't win it so he had to shoot. Let him go.

Yup don't get into fights with Thais, you can't win.

They will either gang up or pulling knifes/guns or whatever they can find.

Better loose face and walk away and live another day.

Thais may lose face by walking away. Mature adults don't.

• Like 1

Why is a Pattaya radio station reporting this? Didn't BKK newspapers pick up this story and report it? Or have I just missed it? Somethings smells here and it ain't the rotten fish in Denmark

Well you see the Pattaya press have been 'requested' not to print too many stories that portray Pattaya in a bad light, and perhaps the Bangkok press similarly. Hence a great solution, swap stories!

Who are these kids out and about 'packing'?

Why is a Pattaya radio station reporting this? Didn't BKK newspapers pick up this story and report it? Or have I just missed it? Somethings smells here and it ain't the rotten fish in Denmark

we report every half hour on local AND NATIONAL NEWS. hope that answers your question. smile.png

I can see why you are fabulous then, as other news outlets are not as current. Looks like you'll be having a new listener. thumbsup.gif

The thing is, travel guides REALLY need to stress not to get into fights with locals in tourist areas of Thailand at any cost. A lot of young testosterone charged men come to Thailand and see these short skinny guys and don't think about it. But that is a massive mistake.

2 things I do not really understand .

1. Every time there is a fight Thai men use a gun, does that mean every Thai man has a gun?! And carries it around

2. Every time there is a fight Thai men shoot in front of witnesses. Does that mean every time man is so stupid to shoot someone in front of witnesses to end up in jail

1. A surprising number of Thai men have a loaded gun with them, especially when out for the evening.

2. They don't care all that much what happens to them.

all true. I have seen a few guns pulled by Thais. Never seen them fire one. and have a few Thai friends - one is a very successful architect, sweetheart of a person, gentleman. he owns a gun.

1. Every time there is a fight Thai men use a gun, does that mean every Thai man has a gun?! And carries it around

2. Every time there is a fight Thai men shoot in front of witnesses. Does that mean every time man is so stupid to shoot someone in front of witnesses to end up in jail

1. Maybe

2 Oh yes VERY

One thing I dont understand : Why would anyone be in any bar , any club , where there are Thai males. Its common knowledge that they resent foreign males here. And especially in a club where they are drinking and there are Thai ladies.

I go to this place a bit too often for my own good. I don't really remember seeing any Thai lads there unless it is security or tuk tuk drivers dropping people off. It is a farangs place and loads of them....

No, yes. The man most feared is the man who has nothing to lose.

A Muslim in a bar.. a girly bar.. Nah can't be true. Unless of course he's like the millions of other hypocritical Muslims around the World. Maybe the Thai shooter had seen the news from the UK about the two folk from the religion of peace who hacked a young father to death and he was practicing good self-defence. Give him a few hundred thousand baht together with a big thank you and let him jog on.

You congratulate a murder by a Thai in a bar, just because he is a Muslim? You're a sick individual

Obviously your culture has never heard of the term "sarcasm". coffee1.gif

Spicey is predominantly an after hours pick-up bar/disco for foreigners. I think your "common knowledge" is faulty.

I think your reading comprehension is faulty.: It may well be a pick up place for foreigners .But there was at least one Thai male in there. And my point is, that is one too many.

Some foreigners are looking to pick up Thai males (of various descriptions).

Sure, fine , to each their own. If someone is looking for gay boys, then gay boy bars are the place to go. My advice to foreign males lookiig for Thai ladies is to avoid crossover bars and discos where there are local males. This is not the first time a foreign male, foreign males, have had serious confrontations with Thai males in bars and clubs. And again it is common sense that the locals resent the foreign males here.And a club where they are drinking and there are Thai ladies is a bad combination. Let them have it. There are plenty other bars and clubs. Edited by morrobay

Poor Lybian bloke ... living in Lybia dangerous as heck

comes to Thailand to nail a few Thai bar girls and gets shot

RIP

Great speech man. Keep on spreading the idea that every guy who comes to Thailand is a whore hunter. Bravo.

Sorry Sir! Ofcourse he was only there for a coffee, during a break from the quran-school around the corner ! coffee1.gif

here we go again...... banal comments regarding religion. Just because somebody is born in a 'muslim country' does not necessarily mean they are a practicing muslim..... shall we take the conversation further and talk about all the Christian hypocrites. the same Christian soldiers that dropped nuclear bombs and napalm........religion was hijacked by the politicians a long time ago...

• Like 2

Libyan man dies, two wounded in Bangkok bar shootout
By Coconuts Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- A shootout on Tuesday night in Spicy Bar in the Phatumwan district resulted in the death of one Libyan national and the wounding of two Thais.

The Libyan, Esam Ali Elhamadi, had engaged in an argument with an as-of-yet unnamed suspect.

This argument escalated and the suspect drew his weapon, firing multiple rounds into Elhamadi, two of which struck bystanders who were otherwise not involved in the altercation. [more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/05/29/libyan-man-dies-two-wounded-bangkok-bar-shootout

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-05-29

My Thai girlfriend bought me a small and easily hidden razor cutter, the kind kids have in their stationary bags to cut paper. No explanation but she DID think I should always carry it. I don't but I might start. Perhaps the Libyan didn't realize that Thailand is such a dangerous place and he should have been armed himself.

2 weeks ago I was in a new coffee shop in the new gas station and chatting with an old guy. His family was with him. He asked if I speak Thai and I said that I speak a little. Then, out of the blue, he said, "you know people around here don't like foreigners." His daughter/granddaughter understood and turned bright red. My response was quite Asian, I nodded and said, "I see," and then excused myself and left.

I see,u are going to cut the bullets to pieces then

• Like 2

?? Maybe in Bkk, but don't tar all bars and clubs used by Thais in Thailand with the same brush.

My experiences to what you describe are totally different...............wink.png

• Like 1

Poor Lybian bloke ... living in Lybia dangerous as heck

comes to Thailand to nail a few Thai bar girls and gets shot

RIP

Great speech man. Keep on spreading the idea that every guy who comes to Thailand is a whore hunter. Bravo.

Sorry Sir! Ofcourse he was only there for a coffee, during a break from the quran-school around the corner ! coffee1.gif

Of course! Or perhaps he was simply out on an epic pub crawl with his friends, having some beers, shits and giggles? Perhaps he had a GF waiting for him at home? .. Perhaps he was gay?

In the real world, people do go out without hunting whores. But I guess that is an unfamiliar concept to you and many other "handsome sexpats" here at Thaivisa. rolleyes.gif

Edited by ricku

1. A surprising number of Thai men have a loaded gun with them, especially when out for the evening.

2. They don't care all that much what happens to them.

Most of Thailands cities and towns people are armed. Whether it is a gun or some sort of knife. Word has it that a lot of the youth gangs are now armed with cheap guns.

Not just the men. Up here in Chiangmai go to most fireing ranges most days and you will see women traning to shoot a handgun. My sons good friend was shot in the head outside one these dance bars they have in Chiangmai by a gang of locals Thai teenagers. They were caught and turns out that it was an initiation to be allowed in the gang. It could have been my son that died that night. I guess my point is that for better or worse guns are a fact of life here.

asupeartea, on 29 May 2013 - 08:51, said:

My Thai girlfriend bought me a small and easily hidden razor cutter, the kind kids have in their stationary bags to cut paper. No explanation but she DID think I should always carry it. I don't but I might start. Perhaps the Libyan didn't realize that Thailand is such a dangerous place and he should have been armed himself.

2 weeks ago I was in a new coffee shop in the new gas station and chatting with an old guy. His family was with him. He asked if I speak Thai and I said that I speak a little. Then, out of the blue, he said, "you know people around here don't like foreigners." His daughter/granddaughter understood and turned bright red. My response was quite Asian, I nodded and said, "I see," and then excused myself and left.

Where was this gas station? A very, very strange thing to say I have to say...what was wrong with this guy?

I run into it allot also. I do not drink, and have never been in a bar here in Thailand. And have lived here for a few years. I love photography and travel extensively all over Thailand. It is amazing how many Thais really dislike foreigners. Many times when shooting with other Thais I am confronted or treated with disrespect. I personally am tired of it. I look at it as a no win for me. Better to leave than fight IMO.

• Like 1