Phuket Motorbike Thief Blames Island's Lack Of Public Transport

webfact

@ Mudcrab

Who said I don't "drive or ride?" I have a motorbike. I ride it just about everyday. I just do not ride it whilst intoxicated. So, to go for a night out with friends in Kata, for example, I ride down, stay in a cheap guest house for the night, and ride home the next day. This is still cheaper than a tuk-tuk. Yes, a beach 5 kms away is an overnight trip. :) I'm not the only one doing this.

For every one person on a motorbike here, that's one person that could have been in the back of a baht bus, which holds about 8 to 10 people. They don't exist here, so that's about 8 to 10 extra motorbikes on the road - with many of the riders intoxicated at night. Sure, there usually is more than one person on one motorbike, but you see my point.

How many drunks do you think the baht bus system in Pattaya keeps of the road???? How many has it saved from death and injury???? Even the bar girls use the baht buses to get to work - thus, even less traffic and parking problems.

If you can't see how the lack of public transport here increases traffic, decreases safety on the roads, causes parking problems and causes more noise and air pollution, well I think you have had your head stuck in the "Mud" too long, "Crab." :) :)

• Like 1

@ Mudcrab

Who said I don't "drive or ride?"  I have a motorbike.  I ride it just about everyday.  I just do not ride it whilst intoxicated. So, to go for a night out with friends in Kata, for example, I ride down, stay in a cheap guest house for the night, and ride home the next day.  This is still cheaper than a tuk-tuk.  Yes, a beach 5 kms away is an overnight trip. :)  I'm not the only one doing this. 

For every one person on a motorbike here, that's one person that could have been in the back of a baht bus, which holds about 8 to 10 people.  They don't exist here, so that's about 8 to 10 extra motorbikes on the road - with many of the riders intoxicated at night.  Sure, there usually is more than one person on one motorbike, but you see my point. 

How many drunks do you think the baht bus system in Pattaya keeps of the road????  How many has it saved from death and injury????  Even the bar girls use the baht buses to get to work - thus, even less traffic and parking problems. 

If you can't see how the lack of public transport here increases traffic, decreases safety on the roads, causes parking problems and causes more noise and air pollution, well I think you have had your head stuck in the "Mud" too long, "Crab." :) :)

Pattaya is a traffic nightmare. Too many baht busses

• Like 1