Woodworking/carpentry Tools

GarryP

A year or so ago, perhaps longer, there was a thread which provided information on where you could buy good quality carpentry hand tools. But for the life of me I cannot find it. I am looking to invest in a western style plane (I already have an eastern one) and a full set of carpentry/wood carving chisels. I have tried the usual suspects, i.e. Home Pro, Homeworks and local hardware stores but none seem to stock what I am looking for.

I recall that in the previous thread mention was made of a shop in Nonthaburi which was good for such stuff and that it had a website. Unfortunately, I have had no luck in finding the same.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and the nearer to my home the better (Prakanong), although I am prepared to travel if need be.

I hadn't thought about posting to the Bangkok forum, but that is a good idea.

However, I finally found the link after conducting a google search. I assume I did not find it before because I did not realize it had been archived. Just in case anyone else is interested, here it is: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/237242-looking-for-woodworking-tools-in-bangkok/

• Like 1