Topping Up A Paypal Account In Thailand

I have a paypal account in Thailand which I haven't used/needed for the past 2-3 years.

I can't for the life of me figure out/remember how to transfer funds from my linked Bangkok Bank account to my PayPal account.

Apparently the "top up" option isn't available in Thailand.

How to I transfer money to my PayPal account?

If you cannot transfer money from your Bank to your Paypal account then the only way would be to ask a friend to send some money from his PP account to yours, be aware that if your friend is abroad then the Exchange rate that PP give is shocking

If you cannot transfer money from your Bank to your Paypal account then the only way would be to ask a friend to send some money from his PP account to yours, be aware that if your friend is abroad then the Exchange rate that PP give is shocking

Shocking exchange rate...that's a matter of opinion...I'm sure if you ask PayPal they will say their exchange rate is competitive. Whenever a business says their prices/rates are competitive that usually means they are worst than most.

A word of advice, do NOT EVER use Pay Pal a somewhat dodgy outfit. I have learnt my lesson

I have used PayPal for the last five years to buy items on Ebay and for topping up my Skype account with no problems ever !

A word of advice, do NOT EVER use Pay Pal a somewhat dodgy outfit. I have learnt my lesson

I have used PayPal for the last five years to buy items on Ebay and for topping up my Skype account with no problems ever !

The only thing I could find to do is to link the PayPal account to a credit card (and of course pay off the credit card in full before any interest gets charged). Have used PayPal a few times in the past couple of years, only problem I had was having to set up a new account as the original email address was cancelled.

Edited by Dukgae

Shocking exchange rate...that's a matter of opinion...I'm sure if you ask PayPal they will say their exchange rate is competitive. Whenever a business says their prices/rates are competitive that usually means they are worst than most.

To me 2-3 Baht to the Pound less than what banks are offering is a shocking exchange rate

Edited by darrendsd

Why would you want to Top-up your Account? Surely it is linked to a Credit Card?

Whenever I use Paypal to buy something and the Balance in my Account is less than the Purchase Price, Paypal simply use whatever is in the Account and then Charge the Card to which it is Linked with the Balance.

Patrick

I forgot to mention in my original posting that I just my paypal account to top up my skype account... as I don't have a credit card here.