It's Hot

ThaiSold

What a pointless topic.We live in the tropics,what do you expect? Are you that bored that you need to post a question like this? Yes it was hot today and I expect it may be hot tomorrow as well and ..............................

• Like 1

I like it hot. I wait until the temp crosses 40c, then get on my road bike and cycle 50k. Some think I'm nuts and perhaps I am, but I like it.

well I can sure identify with you and I don't own or ride a bike.

But I do enjoy the other part of your statement.wai.gif

• Like 2

Today was the kind of hot that comes right before a thunderstorm

That sure was a fast strong winded thunderstorm though.

I think it took about 20 minutes total

Edited by mania

What a pointless topic.We live in the tropics,what do you expect? Are you that bored that you need to post a question like this? Yes it was hot today and I expect it may be hot tomorrow as well and ..............................

It's called trolling.

• Like 1

If Chiang Mai is Hot,

Then is Ba Na Yang cooler?

What about Camping at Doi Inthanon, is that cooler still?

How many degrees Hotter is Chiang Mai than Ba Na Yang, or Doi Inthanon?

Can anyone answer this question?

Because if it gets much hotter here I may need to buy a tent and head for the hills.

So the question still stands, how much hotter than Ba Na Yang, and Doi Inthanon?

Doi Inthanon average temperature should be < 20 deg

Thanks a lot. That is good to know. I was going to post a topic in the travel section asking where I can go to enjoy some cooler air, some place within about 1.5 to 2 hours drive from CM City. I did look at the elevations for both these places but I have not been there.

I am also wondering about the 20 degree value you give. Is this C? That seems like too much of a temperature difference, but maybe not.

The elevation difference is only about 1300 meters, I think. So this much of a temperature variation seems rather much. Or are you listing F?

Normally, as you go up, the humidity also drops.

Edited by OldChinaHam

When t's hot in Thailand ,and ya ride A bike,your only getting hot air.And with the hot helmet also.It don't sound good to me.

I had a sister in law die in Eastern Washington in the hot season. She died of heat stroke. She was mountain biking with a helmet on.

If you want a break from the heat just head up Doi Suthep. About 25% of the way up it starts to cool down, once past Wat Doi Suthep it starts to get really chilly around Bhuping Palace, I go up there daily.

I believe there are gov bungalows you may be able to rent through the Tourism authority of Thailand.

• Like 1

When t's hot in Thailand ,and ya ride A bike,your only getting hot air.And with the hot helmet also.It don't sound good to me.

If you ride with a full face helmet, just grab the front part and lift up while the visor is open when you are moving.

Youll get a rush of air to cool down your skull.

Doi Mae Salong is a nice place to cool off with lots of natural beauty and Chinese food. It is about half way between Chiang Rai and Mai Sai, so a little bit of a trip.

another nice mountain to visit..

have you tried the chinese food?

Too damn hot for too damn long this summer. The absolute worse that I've felt in the 12 summers i've been here. The past summers it at least cooled down at night, but not this year. give us a break please!!

• Like 1

Well it sure seems hotter to me this year but that might be old age inability to deal with heat. Or Senior momentssmile.png

Any one have official records.

Isn't April, May and June supposed to be the hottest part of the year and then into the rainy season?

I've made this handy crib sheet for moaning about Chiang Mai weather. April is really the bonanza.

March to April : Too Smokey

April : Too Songkran

April to June: Too Hot

July to October: Too Wet

November to February: Too many tourists attracted to the nice weather.

• Like 2