No Longer Re-Entry Permits Available At Suan Plu Immigration

Bangkok Immigration has stopped the possibility to apply for a re-entry permit on Saturday morning as of 18th of May.

Announcement
Special Service for Re-entry Permit on Saturday at The Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu
will be closed permanently commencing Saturday 18th May 2013.
Applicants should contact the Immigration Office in the area of your residence during office hours.

You now have to go to your own immigration office for a re-entry permit during normal business hours.

Of course both airports in Bangkok now have a re-entry permit desk, officially only for emergency and up to the officers discretion.

• Like 1

AFAIK the airport re-entry counters are no longer for emergency only but full service since they opened with the current price structure/photo/copy inclusive procedures. The only restriction was the former closed period which has now changed to 24 hour service.

• Like 1

AFAIK the airport re-entry counters are no longer for emergency only but full service since they opened with the current price structure/photo/copy inclusive procedures. The only restriction was the former closed period which has now changed to 24 hour service.

Would be nice if we could get an official confirmation of this. At the immigration office in Jomtien for a while they had a "fast track" service for this but in March when I came in the afternoon to get my re-entry I was told that I would have to come back in the morning -which I did - only to find out that you now had to queue together with all the others applying for visa extensions etc. so it still took 2 hours. And this was not even high season! I didn't want to take the risk of trying at the airport. However if it is indeed a full service 24/7 I would go for that option next time.

Immigration web sites continue to list it as subject to official approval at airport so believe it is a program they could end at any time but as it has been running for an extended period; and now made 24 hours by reports from members, it seems to be viable to use when needed but should not be a first choice as the possibility is always there it could close or a delay in processing cause you to miss flight or not get the stamp.

Of course the last convenient thing left is now closed. Sigh. I would usually do this once a year; it would be me, 2 or 3 backpackers, and a whole lotta Indians.

Too nervous to try and maybe fail at the airport, so I guess it will be as Gerald14 said and take a multiple along with the annual visa trip out towards the Pak Kret hinterlands.

Lopburi, in the past, the Suvarnabhumi Immigration desk for re-entry permits would only issue them if you were flying out on an international flight that same day or overnight.

Are you saying the airport desk for re-entry permits has now been opened up to non-flyers?

I am saying they will issue for non emergency cases. But it has always been only for those on departing flights after having check-in paperwork and is in the immigration area. By full service they do the copy/photo requirements at desk.

The issue remains the same, we are not wanted here so they make it as difficult as they can for us to stay here. Farang GO HOME! Thailand is for Thais.! They change the rules evey month to reduce the amount of work these people have to do. CRAZY!

The issue remains the same, we are not wanted here so they make it as difficult as they can for us to stay here. Farang GO HOME! Thailand is for Thais.! They change the rules evey month to reduce the amount of work these people have to do. CRAZY!

Unfortunately, we are guests in this country. The Thai people/government are allowed to change there laws/rules for entry as they so desire. If you are not happy in LOS, you know what to do! If only my own country applied such rules then maybe it would not be in the position it is. However, they do bow down to being a "PC country". ^^ By the way I am from the U.K. Sorry Troll (rant) over. whistling.gif

Edited by Psych01

I am saying they will issue for non emergency cases. But it has always been only for those on departing flights after having check-in paperwork and is in the immigration area. By full service they do the copy/photo requirements at desk.

Thanks for clarifying that...

So..with Suan Plu gone, another good reason to make it a habit of getting at least a single-use re-entry permit when people go for their annual extensions of stay... Kills two birds with one stone, so to speak, and saves on the Immigration travel trips.

Chiang Watanna offers an on-line application but you will have to visit them to collect.

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, Lopburi3, but do you know if a messenger can collect it for the online application? I would assume so.

Officially you must apply in person, you only make an appointment online and already give your details.

I'm not sure the online application system is functioning at this moment.

Maybe the IT guys who set it up came over from the Education Dept,,,,

They got sent to inactive posts after the ED website was hacked for the 100th bazillion time.

I guess the government figured IT at Immigration is about as INACTIVE as you can possible get... tongue.png