Help! Need To Apply For Thai Criminal Record Check And Get It Legalised

...and the big catch is that I'm living in Australia now. I lived in Chiang Mai 2010-2011 and I'm moving to Belgium to study. Well, that's the hope anyway. The visa application requires police record checks from every country you've lived in over the past five years so that means Australia and Thailand for me.

I'm getting the runaround from embassies. I called the Belgian embassy in Bangkok and the guy said that I had no choice but to fly to Bangkok - which is not possible for me to do due to cost and time.

Does anyone have experience with this problem? What did you do?

I have friends in Bangkok I could rely on to help a little, though it's feeling like a lot of tedious work at the moment and quite complicated so I don't want to burden them with all the back and forth that seems to be required to first of all obtain the document from the police, then get it legalised (do I need to get it translated too?).

Is there a service I can call upon? I guess I'll have to pay to get this done, otherwise I won't be able to get to Belgium just because of a technicality :-/

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Prepare document for people To apply for police clearance certificate By post office ( For An applicant residing abroad only)
Please prepare document from below :

• Certified photocopy of valid passport
  • Certified photocopy of Thai Visa
  • Certified photocopy of present Visa in case you are foreigner (student visa, visa work ,Resident visa and others)or Letter Request for Record check from Embassy
  • Document(s) stating that the applicant is used to work or reside in Thailand.
  • A photocopy of Thai working permit (if available)
  • Letter explain the purpose of request and which country to use (only one country ) or write in the application form that can download from our website : www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th
  • Two photographs (1 inch or 2 inches)
  • Two sets of original fingerprint. Fingerprint must be taken at local police or Thai Consulate or Thai Embassy in your country together with the official seal and signature of the official taking the fingerprint.
  • A self addressed envelope enclosed with the postage fee (equivalent to seven international postage vouchers which can be purchased at your local post office).
  • Sent the service charge for a Criminal records check 100 baht by TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER (see details in the link How to pay money via TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER)
  • An applicant is needed to provide postage fee in order to mail certificate back to the applicant. we would not responsible for lost if nobody receive it or a change of new address you must inform that Otherwise, you must start new.

Note: If criminal record is found or all required documents are not submitted, then, certificate may take longer than normal to get it.
Sent all document to…

The Police Clearance Service Center. Building 24, Royal Thai Police, Rama I, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand

source: http://pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/

Thanks. I got that same advice and that bit doesn't seem too bad. But I'm stuck on the steps after that. Translating and/or legalising. I've been told I have to do that in order for the police check to be used for the purposes of a student visa.

Also, the link to the application form seems to be broken?

Edited by spha6092

• 6 months later...

I have an honest question about this. If you have a new passport that doesn't show you lived in Thailand and you don't say anything, how would they know?

A rather stupid thing to do, may be the OP will get away with omitting requested information...

But very easy to get caught out, and the consequences are far reaching, not only may they get their visa request turned down they would probable be barred from the country they were applying to go to, then if they apply to another country they may fall down at that question that is asked by most countries on their visa application "have you ever been refused visa or entry to another country?" .