Does Central Thailand Suffer From Smoke Pollution Like The North?

inapeartree

Was out and about on Wednesday afternoon myself, no excess traffic or delays on the BKK/North road or the length of Sawanvitee.

This "you should know better" bit is about you posting what you know to be tripe and putting it forward as plain fact. You like to give the impression that you are familiar with NS, and comment on the town traffic as though you know what you are talking about, when in reality you drive on less than 1% of the total roads and assume that because they are good or bad the rest of the place will be the same.

You are doubtless quite a decent cove and hail fellow well met (and no doubt so is the other herbert from Nan) but try and differentiate between fact and fiction in future please.

Regards, R.

Look at my last comment on N/S news. Very factual. Enjoy the bug's.

Earlier this year I experienced first hand the insane smoke pullution north Thailand suffers from every year so deleted Chiang Rai as a potential long term place to live, does central Thailand (Phetchabun, Sukhothai, Ayuthaya etc) also get affected by the pyromaniacs?

This year, back in March, smoke pollution (smog) from the north was pretty high in Saraburi, meaning that "sensitive groups such as children, older people and asthmatics should stay indoors." Saraburi province is just east of Ayutthaya province, so I'd guess Ayutthaya probably got it's share of it as well.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/learning-from-news/340699/air-pollution-northern-thai-hell-in-the-air

• 2 weeks later...

Food for thought.

My business is freehold,I have no Thai wife,and am on retirement extension.

I hold both blue and yellow book.

Transfer papers and whatever.

Phitsanulok works for me.

I spent a few hours in Pitso last night 'Sunday' and must say it was very pleasent all be it it rained had time to have a look around and see some of the place must admit that a good time was had by one and all due mainly to the fact that there was little or no traffic. I can now see some of the redeeming thing's about the place the night's are great but I still hate the hoards of car's etc during the day.

H/M