American Teacher Charged With Bank Robbery In Bangkok Bank

webfact

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaks volumes for American english teachers.

Here we go.

Perhaps, as Americans have not changed the language for two centuries, while England has created many dialects.

Whereas I agree with you whole-heartedly dighambara that they have not changed the language, certain individuals have invented new ones...............thumbsup.gif

post-76988-0-36046100-1370152734_thumb.j

Click on image to enlarge

Actually, in context of the above, perhaps he (the bank robber) thought it was reasonable to make up his own version of English in his note to the teller??

Edited by chrisinth

This could be the most brilliant crime of the century.

An elderly farang walks into a bank in Thailand, hands over a demand note written in English, robs the bank, then takes home his clothing and his motorbike used during the robbery, where all the money, still in it`s Bangkok Bank wrappers is there for all to see.

Why did he not tell the bank manager; he intends to rob the bank and request he be arrested? This would have saved the police a lot of time and inconvenience in having to visit the man’s home to arrest him and return the money to the bank.

I am struggling to comprehend that the person that wrote that note is here teaching kids English. Looks to be written by a 5 year old.

I think (I HOPE!) he wanted authorities to believe he was not a native English speaker?

Someone using English as a second language?

People who rob banks aren't that smart.

Now I think we have a reason for forgiving Thai's for their poor English.

• Like 1

The real joke is on the posters here that actually believe the guy is such an uneducated teacher that he misspelled and wrote the note that way due to his lack of proper English.

To me it's obvious he intentionally wrote the note that way to try and throw off the cops to someone of another nationality.

However I can't get over his stupidity in sticking around BKK and returning to his own apartment so soon though.

• Like 2

The real joke is on the posters here that actually believe the guy is such an uneducated teacher that he misspelled and wrote the note that way due to his lack of proper English.

To me it's obvious he intentionally wrote the note that way to try and throw off the cops to someone of another nationality.

However I can't get over his stupidity in sticking around BKK and returning to his own apartment so soon though.

Even more pathetic are those who expect him to write a cute little 'grammatically correct' essay on the board in the midst of a heist. Apparently, he can't communicate in Thai. Given the overall poor communication abilities across 2 languages, he went the broken English to get the message across. Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

At least the dude was arrested for robbing a bank and not fiddling with kids or something heinous like that.

He wouldn't make a good career criminal and his chances of getting back into the TEFL scene are probably long gone now.

Perhaps he will be lucky and get deported back to America where they might be more willing to rehabilitate him and get him a house or the likes. I think that would probably be the best case scenario for him now.

I wonder what sentence he will get, this British fell is facing a 25 year stretch!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2047506/Michael-Wynn-Retired-Briton-faces-25-years-jail-Thai-bank-heist.html

Madness

Now we are just waiting for the "hang him high" brigade to wake up! whistling.gif

If he is spared, is the reason his difficult childhood, being a Yank or him being a "teacher" ? coffee1.gif

Im sure if we dig a little deeper a thai person will soon come into the equation....

demands of a Thai GF for example

or dare i say, maybe the after-effects of having an Ex one whistling.gif

Speaks volumes for American english teachers.

And those posters on the other thread who said it wouldn't be a yank but an aussie, what say now?

what about the poster who categorically stated that it could not be a native english teacher due to capitalization issues?

The poster was correct, wasn't he?!

One man loses the plot and now it's bash all Yanks.

Pathetic.

Why couldn't it have been a Muslim losing the plot, allowing for these blokes to go on the generic bash? Life just isn't fair.

That would have made this a 100-page affair by now

So not all farangs are walking ATMs?

That must come as a surprise to most Thais .

Haha that's a good one!

Well even ATMs need to be topped up every once in a while, they don't print money themselves. Seems like this guy was topping himself up!

• Like 1

When will foreigners learn, you cannot steal from Thais and get away with it, only Thais are allowed to steal from Thais.

Of course when you put it that way, it seems inequitable. But don't forget, they're allowed to steal from foreigners too. Not just from other Thais. Be fair.

I am struggling to comprehend that the person that wrote that note is here teaching kids English. Looks to be written by a 5 year old.

I think (I HOPE!) he wanted authorities to believe he was not a native English speaker?

Someone using English as a second language?

People who rob banks aren't that smart.

Now I think we have a reason for forgiving Thai's for their poor English.

Should we be as forgiving of the native speaker's, for their poor English? :)

At least the dude was arrested for robbing a bank and not fiddling with kids or something heinous like that.

He wouldn't make a good career criminal and his chances of getting back into the TEFL scene are probably long gone now.

Perhaps he will be lucky and get deported back to America where they might be more willing to rehabilitate him and get him a house or the likes. I think that would probably be the best case scenario for him now.

I wonder what sentence he will get, this British fell is facing a 25 year stretch!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2047506/Michael-Wynn-Retired-Briton-faces-25-years-jail-Thai-bank-heist.html

Madness

That's right, when did armed robbery become heinous? What's next?

• 3 weeks later...

Madness

That's right, when did armed robbery become heinous? What's next?

He never said it was.