Laos - Still A Commy & Under Chinese Control More Than Ever

When you've finished with your holier-than-thou summations, answer me this:

- what, specifically, did you do when the KR were systematically torturing and murdering Cambodian families ? Did you attempt any form of protest when Pol Pot was given sanctuary in Thailand ?

- what have you done while the military junta in Burma have carried out atrocities on their own people while you partied it up right next door in Thailand ?

- where were you when the TNI were raping and killing Acehnese, as they continue to do to the people of West Papua right now ?

- how many Hmong have you sheltered from the reprisals carried our by the Laotian and Vietnamese governments ?

- what have you done to shine a light on extra-judicial killings in southern Thailand ? I guess they're Muslims, so that makes it OK ?

I've done SFA, but I dont stand on a soap box ranting about the oppressive regime in Laos : from where I sit, they ALL have blood on their hands. If you are in any way serious about doing something beyond posturing, I'd suggest this is a very good start:

http://www.scv.org.au/

Good post and lots of good points. However, may I point out that it is a common misbelief on the part of foreigners (i.e. non-Burmese) that only the Myanmar army has blood on their hands. This is simply not true. As I was quickly reminded by my more than knowledgeable Burmese guide, the ethnic armed rebels are just as, if not more complicit in terms of human rights abuses such as forced labor, torture and burning down of villages. Believe it or not, but apparently some of these armed rebel groups such as the Kayin (Karen), Kachin, etc. actually torch local villages in their areas of control (or sometimes villages in Burmese controlled areas) and then put the blame on the Burmese military because apparently they are/were the only bad ones. It's also easy for foreigners to apportion such blame on the Burmese military because until 2011, there were major sanctions from numerous countries against the Burmese regime whereas the CIA and British security agencies secretly tried to prop up these armed rebels without success.

the girl is cute and should be working in a bar in Pattaya thumbsup.gif not deported back to N.Korea sad.pngbah.gifsick.gif

Better not because as a foreigner and working in such a profession, she'd be exploited and at the mercy of her pimps. Then once she were caught by immigration, she'd be deported for working without a work permit in a country where it's illegal for foreigners to work as prostitutes.

When you've finished with your holier-than-thou summations, answer me this:

- what, specifically, did you do when the KR were systematically torturing and murdering Cambodian families ? Did you attempt any form of protest when Pol Pot was given sanctuary in Thailand ?

- what have you done while the military junta in Burma have carried out atrocities on their own people while you partied it up right next door in Thailand ?

- where were you when the TNI were raping and killing Acehnese, as they continue to do to the people of West Papua right now ?

- how many Hmong have you sheltered from the reprisals carried our by the Laotian and Vietnamese governments ?

- what have you done to shine a light on extra-judicial killings in southern Thailand ? I guess they're Muslims, so that makes it OK ?

I've done SFA, but I dont stand on a soap box ranting about the oppressive regime in Laos : from where I sit, they ALL have blood on their hands. If you are in any way serious about doing something beyond posturing, I'd suggest this is a very good start:

http://www.scv.org.au/

Good post and lots of good points. However, may I point out that it is a common misbelief on the part of foreigners (i.e. non-Burmese) that only the Myanmar army has blood on their hands. This is simply not true. As I was quickly reminded by my more than knowledgeable Burmese guide, the ethnic armed rebels are just as, if not more complicit in terms of human rights abuses such as forced labor, torture and burning down of villages. Believe it or not, but apparently some of these armed rebel groups such as the Kayin (Karen), Kachin, etc. actually torch local villages in their areas of control (or sometimes villages in Burmese controlled areas) and then put the blame on the Burmese military because apparently they are/were the only bad ones. It's also easy for foreigners to apportion such blame on the Burmese military because until 2011, there were major sanctions from numerous countries against the Burmese regime whereas the CIA and British security agencies secretly tried to prop up these armed rebels without success.

to quote the bible on this - "<deleted>"

back to the topic, this is nothing new , North Koreans have been taking this route for a long time but they know they must make it all the way to Thailand or be sent back, North Korea and China have relations with Laos, what do you think they're going to do