Bid To Boost Public Confidence: Chalerm And Nat'l Police Chief On Night Patrol At Khao San Rd

webfact

DPM Chalerm and National Police Chief on night patrol at Khao San Road

BANGKOK, 31 May 2013 (NNT) – Deputy PM Chalerm Ubumrung has joined the National Police Chief and senior police officers in patrolling Bangkok in a bid to boost public confidence.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm, along with National Police Chief Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew and his deputies visited Khao San Road to inspect the safety of the area, following last week’s explosion at the entrance of Soi Ramkhamhaeng 43/1, which injured seven people.

DPM Chalerm stated that Khao San Road, known as backpackers’ haven, is an important tourist destination of Thailand and any violent incident may hurt the country’s reputation considerably.

He added that the visit on Thursday night has found nothing out of the ordinary while all police officers have been urged to scour the area thoroughly and stay alert at all time.

When asked to comment about the Ramkhamhaeng explosion, Mr. Chalerm said there have been two assumptions, including an attempt to stir up fear and the business conflict, as the suggestion of Deep South insurgency has already been ruled out.

He also assured that the government is having a total control of all situations while the National Police Chief has been doing a good job and he will not be removed from his post anytime soon.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-05-31 footer_n.gif

What a bloody joke! As if an alcoholic and his boss's crony of a policeman could do anything to 'boost public confidence'. Makes me want to puke. Seems to me all Chalerm is good for is publicity stunts like this, which usually backfires because of the incompetant his is.

Spot on, let's hope the majority of tourists knew all about him and God only knows what they think of Thailand now they've met a Deputy PM.

Given the area he was in I'll bet his " confidence " grew as the evening went on and the ear medicine flowed, all in the interests of public relations of course.

• Like 1

I bet it wasn't safe enough so that the two of them would just stroll down the street alone, and not flanked by numerous lackeys and personal security staff.

Ah that's a different story. Remember when John McCain said he felt perfectly safe driving through Baghdad then it was leaked his vehicle was one of the heavily armoured variety and he had a security detail of 100 Iraqi soldiers.

• Like 1

When asked to comment about the Ramkhamhaeng explosion, Mr. Chalerm said there have been two assumptions, including an attempt to stir up fear and the business conflict, as the suggestion of Deep South insurgency has already been ruled out.

MjAxMi1iNzc3ZGZhY2Y4NjNiMjFk.png

• Like 1

MjAxMi1iNzc3ZGZhY2Y4NjNiMjFk.png

Pity he hadn't liased with his subordinate the senior police officer in charge of the enquiry, a Maj. General I think, who had already told the media they were working on 4 assumptions. A case of the blind drunk leading the blind !

• Like 1

Must be much safer for him "patrolling" Khao San Rd. than "patrolling" the southern provinces.

Now all we need to hear from him is: "And if my efforts don't lead to boosting public confidence, you can cut off my ears."

Start whetting your hatchets, folks!

I wonder if he ordered himself another PhD maybe in international politics or something? I think you can even get a Nobel Prize on Kao san Road. Wait for the announcement next week after his lacky has been back to pick up the certificate. He could definitely announce it, I mean most things are secure from the 'investigative thoroughness' of Thai Journalists.

Edited by GentlemanJim

Is there anyone out there who takes Chalerm and his actions serious? He is probably at Khao San to lecture the sellers of fake documents how to improve and get them tips to get their customers out of the country to Cambodia.

If Chalerm and the police chief really wants to create confidence let them patrol together on the streets of Yala or Narathiwat in the middle of the Night without a armed guard.

As they strolled down the street, did anyone purchase any sugar cane bags from the mahouts and feed any of these two? I think it is tragic to let these officials out of their pens and abuse them by making them go out into the public and perform. Moreover, no one knows when they will go into must and attack innocent bystanders. Where are the animal lovers now. Hmm? Hopefully Chalerm and Saengsingkaew are safely back in their pens and familiar environment. Disgusting!

• Like 1

DPM Chalerm stated that Khao San Road, known as backpackers’ haven, is an important tourist destination of Thailand and any violent incident may hurt the country’s reputation considerably.

Note to self, avoid Khao Sarn Road for the next few months. :(

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm, along with National Police Chief Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew and his deputies visited Khao San Road to inspect the safety of the area, following last week’s explosion at the entrance of Soi Ramkhamhaeng 43/1, which injured seven people.

He added that the visit on Thursday night has found nothing out of the ordinary

Let me guess that safety check visit where nothing found out of the ordinary involved a few hundred policemen blocking all the roads nearby Khaosan and a dozens of soldiers with machine guns along the route Chalerm was traveling.

Anyone surprised nothing was wrong?