Lamborghini Crash Survivor: Amulet Saved My Life

webfact

he was driving from Bangkok to attend his father′s funeral at a temple in Chonburi,

Shame his dad isn't around to tell his son to slow the Xxxx down. Not to be glib, but I wonder if the first thing he did when his father passed away was to buy a Lamborghini.

Either they are keeping the body for a long time or ordering and shipping is a lot quicker than I thought.

There are Lambos on sale in Bangkok right now. In fact there are two up country where I live in a showroom

Why do you live in a showroom?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are going to hear more about this story ...

I didn't have time to have a monk bless my car and this is the cause of the crash. My next car will be blessed before I drive to any funerals and I will buy an amulet for the car too!

And it just so happens that he has 34 of these amulets for sale at 1 million each!

I'd prefer to have one of those amulets that make it impossible to be shot.

When I flew for Air America many years ago, my Hmong observer insisted that I wear a Tiger Tooth and an amulet. He said that the Tiger tooth, not the amulet kept us from being shot, but they are illegal now. He said that the two together protected us from "VC, VD and Hangovers!) I don't know about the effectiveness of the first 2 items, but it definitely didn't work for the later!

Lamborghini Aventador price in USA and UK - 11,000,000 baht

Lamborghini Aventador price in Thailand - 34,000,000 baht.

Shame the amulet doesnt protect the brain from being ripped off.

The joys of import duty (I do wonder how they get away with that level of import duty as a member of the WTO), and not allowing the import of used cars.

The owners make a lot of it back when they sell. i.e. For what you get when you sell a 4 year old BMW here, you can get a brand new one in the UK, and have money left over.

Many don't, and instead buy them in Malaysia and then transport/ship them in in smaller pieces, engine and body separated etc. for much less in envelopes and handshakes.

Remember those Thais that have 8 figures of baht to spent on a toy will know people, and be able to easily buy those they don't. smile.png

Really? Strange because car prices in Malaysia for foreign cars are as equally prohibitive to Thailand. And all just to keep Proton in business.

Seems strange that someone would buy a car in Malaysia for the same price as Thailand, cut it up, smuggle it into Thailand illegally, bribe officials in the process and then have some backstreet mechanic try to put it together again and then if they manage to do that you have to drive it around Thailand illegally as it wont have gone through the correct import channels.

Seems far more logical just to pop down to your local showroom and pick one up in one piece with a manufacturer 3 year warranty.

Not only that but taking but the engine isnt going to make the dimensions of the chassis any smaller as the engine fits in it.

34 million baht, guess the insurance company is looking for someone to repair, must be cheaper to repair here.? than scrap

Looks like rain, guess greasy and slipery

No way that cost 34 Million Thb ! Looks like it's a Gallardo 550/2010 Model @175kUSD which is approx 5.5 Million Thb...........

You and a few others on here clearly do not live in Thailand and have spent little time here. It doesn't matter what these toys cost anywhere else in the world, they attract a MINIMUM of 300% tax here, before you add the "I want one now' factor to the market price. You will NOT find one for 5.5M or anywhere near that price. 34M for the car in question is sadly or rather madly about right.

• Like 1

Tom Waits – Hang On St. Christopher

Hang on st. christopher through the smoke

and the oil

Buckle down the rumble seat

let the radiator boil

got an overhead downshift

and a two dollar grill

got an 85 cabin

on an 85 hill

Hang on st. christopher on the passenger side

open it up tonight the devil can ride

hang on st. christopher with a barrel house dog

kick me up mt. baldy

throw me out in the fog

tear a hole in the jack pot

drive a stake through his heart

do a 100 on the grapevine

do a jump on the start

hang on st. christopher now don't let me go

get me to reno and bring it in low, yeah

hang on st. christopher with the hammer to the floor

put a hi ball in the crank case

nail a crow to the door

get a bottle for the jockey

gimme a 294

there's a 750 norton bustin down january's door

hang on st. christopher on the passenger side

hang on st. christopher now don't let me go

get to me reno got to bring it in low

put my baby on the flat car

got to burn down the caboose

get 'em all jacked up on whiskey

then we'll turn the mad dog loose

hang on st. christopher on the passenger side

I looked up the Thai for 'aquaplaning" turns out its "mai khao jai"

Nooooooooo, he had the ''I am a nummnut driver'' gizmo switched off.

Do they make electronic driving aids capable enough of coping with Thai driving skills?

Impossible!!!!!

Don't knock amulets until you've tried them. I have been wearing two amulets ever since arriving in Thailand and I have never lost my life yet, so they must save my life every day. But you need to remember you have to wear at least one amulet-activating amulet, because if not, all other amulets will be utterly ineffective. That's where those who meet misfortune go wrong. They wear only a regular amulet.

i have been "reliably" informed that only odd numbers of amulets should be worn, as an even number is very unlucky. My observation made after being told this was that an even number of amulets was very rare, only to be found on recently arrived farangs.

Don't knock amulets until you've tried them. I have been wearing two amulets ever since arriving in Thailand and I have never lost my life yet, so they must save my life every day. But you need to remember you have to wear at least one amulet-activating amulet, because if not, all other amulets will be utterly ineffective. That's where those who meet misfortune go wrong. They wear only a regular amulet.

i have been "reliably" informed that only odd numbers of amulets should be worn, as an even number is very unlucky. My observation made after being told this was that an even number of amulets was very rare, only to be found on recently arrived farangs.

Odd numbers only. That's what I was told.

It's good for sales.

Lamborghini Aventador price in USA and UK - 11,000,000 baht

Lamborghini Aventador price in Thailand - 34,000,000 baht.

Shame the amulet doesnt protect the brain from being ripped off.

The joys of import duty (I do wonder how they get away with that level of import duty as a member of the WTO), and not allowing the import of used cars.

The owners make a lot of it back when they sell. i.e. For what you get when you sell a 4 year old BMW here, you can get a brand new one in the UK, and have money left over.

Many don't, and instead buy them in Malaysia and then transport/ship them in in smaller pieces, engine and body separated etc. for much less in envelopes and handshakes.

Remember those Thais that have 8 figures of baht to spent on a toy will know people, and be able to easily buy those they don't. smile.png

Really? Strange because car prices in Malaysia for foreign cars are as equally prohibitive to Thailand. And all just to keep Proton in business.

Seems strange that someone would buy a car in Malaysia for the same price as Thailand, cut it up, smuggle it into Thailand illegally, bribe officials in the process and then have some backstreet mechanic try to put it together again and then if they manage to do that you have to drive it around Thailand illegally as it wont have gone through the correct import channels.

Seems far more logical just to pop down to your local showroom and pick one up in one piece with a manufacturer 3 year warranty.

Not only that but taking but the engine isnt going to make the dimensions of the chassis any smaller as the engine fits in it.

Different ways, same outcome:

Lamborghini smuggling Malaysia to Thailand news report

Price this car in Thailand is over 50% more expensive than in Malaysia, not sure where you're getting your info.

link

Edited by Salapoo

Check out the 2007 Murcielago Lp 640 for only 3.2m baht (330,000MYR)

__KGrHqFHJC0FCBJ7bUM_BQnFsF20Ww___12_vie

Geez, that's almost tempting haha.

http://www.carsifu.my/cars/41324/lamborghini-murcielago-lp-640-for-sale-in-klang-valley-by-waaal

Amulet is not included though.

Or parking lessons. the guy with the white gloves and whistle must be on his break.

Edited by OzMick
  • Like 1

coffee1.gif , should have used the truck eh. coffee1.gif

Just another <deleted> with money and no brain. Lambos handle well, are excellently engineered, superior to most , yet we have a knob, who can't drive rapping it up. We see and read about accidents like this every day here. I would love to have a compulsory IQ test for these people, i doubt if they could achieve double figures as their 2 cells never seem to work in unison.

In most countries people that buy these things (super cars) have NO clue on how to drive them. I was in the auto industry and heard figures of 65% crash/total rate in the 1st year of ownership.

Maybe the other 35% use a different amulet.....

I was once picked up at SFO by my old pal in a Ferrari Testarossa (much to the chagrin of the very well suited diplomat I was chatting with at the pickup area when the gathering roar approached us, me being Tshirt and jeans and sneakers). Pete could drive, he'd had a few nice cars in his life.....I remeber a Bristol and a Lotus Elan.....and I got the foot down treatment hints of sliding on corners all the way home 80 miles. As he parked into the garage he put a tiny dent in a door fitting it in.....and uttered a sheeeiit.

It was expensive...and I felt guilty as he was picking me up!

Edited by cheeryble

Check out the 2007 Murcielago Lp 640 for only 3.2m baht (330,000MYR)

__KGrHqFHJC0FCBJ7bUM_BQnFsF20Ww___12_vie

Geez, that's almost tempting haha.

http://www.carsifu.my/cars/41324/lamborghini-murcielago-lp-640-for-sale-in-klang-valley-by-waaal

Amulet is not included though.

This car is actually for sale in England at £138,990, which is substantially more than 330,000 MYR, in fact about 650,000 before any freight or taxes. The Ad seems bogus.

Very glad to read his amulet worked for him, my amulet also saved me, when the other day a meteorite the size of a van missed me by 2 inches. Instead of buying an amulet decorated with diamond, by yourself a brain. goof.gif

Edited by sonar6ca

before to buy such car I would advise to LEARN how to drive ..not to mention he was probably not driving low speed. I dont understand those people here , get a brain and then a proper driving license. A managing director who believe in his amulets ..... I thought I have red everything .

In over 100 countries, I have never been to a place where someone suddenly exclaimed, "Wow. These people really are skilled drivers." Nobody who is native to a place has a problem with the driving, while everyone who is visiting says what terrible drivers the natives are.