Escape From Suvarnabhumi Airport: German Ex-Convict ' Just Holidayed'

webfact

I reckon he's an Aussie,his accent is aussie,no hint of a German accent here.he was probably born in Germany or have German parents and lived most of his life in Australia.and it took 50 policemen to see how he unlocked the security door hahaha

And instead of feeling like a bunch of yahoo's, their all smiling about how this chap loves Thailand.. Unbelievable Thailand. coffee1.gif

Maybe after he gets out of prison, he can apply for a job as airport security consultant for Suvarnabhumi.. He has the credentials.. laugh.png

• Like 2

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After his escape, the German said he had remained in Bangkok the whole time.

. "I want to see Thailand again; it's a beautiful country."

Someone can explain this ?

He hasn't been outside one of the dirtiest and most unactractive city's in the world, yet he claims it is a beautiful country.

I think anybody escaping after years in jail directly to Nana & Soi Cowboy would also come to the same conclusion.

It is a beautiful country in so many ways, the bounties of nature are on display in the darkest corners. . .

All very funny, but it is just as well he was a "tourist" and not a member of al qaeda or one of the crazies from the south. Serious questions need to be asked by airlines and international travelling commmunity at large.

He hasn't been outside one of the dirtiest and most unactractive city's in the world, yet he claims it is a beautiful country.

Anything is better than a German prison, I guess.

What was he being deported for? What charges is he to face back home?

Apparently he skiped parole in Germany, possibly only Juvenile offences because he started his crime spree in Australia at the age of 18 back in 2006 and was captured in 2009.

Aw, poor bloke, he only wanted to see the sights and have a holiday. He'll be welcomed back now for upholding Thailand's reputation. Maybe he could get an 'I love Thailand' tattoo on his neck and be recommended to the Tourism and Sports minister as a preferred visitor.

Not a hint of a German accent btw, he speaks like an Aussie farmer.

Aussie farmers don't speak. They farm.

The German works like Thai visa forum members.

TAT sponsored this article I think.

He is suckering up to the officials (TAT included) so his charges will be less.

Alarms are usually made so if you cut wires the alarm will activate.

He only mentioned the "famous" should I say notorious sex for sale areas!!!! he must have satisfied his labedo very well in the city of sex angels. cheesy.gif

This German/ Australian hybrid, has two things admire at least. Initiative and a sense of humour. Not a lot of that around some of these posts . ..

He is about as Australian as a Kangaroo is a native of Thailand. Just because someone enters a country for a holiday on a tourist visa that in no way makes them part Aust, Indian thai or what ever. He is actually from Munich Balvaria and for those that don't know is in Europe and Australia is in the asia/pacific. region. .

Austria is not near Germany?

Sorry - what's it got to do with Austria? The story is about an escapee on a flight from AUSTRALIA to Germany....

You have obviously never been to Delhi or Mumbai...

• Like 1

Good on him, well done, hope the incompetent guards will have learnt a lesson

I think there were many important lessons to be learnt from this incident.

In fact if you add up the pros & cons of what happened, inadvertently he has brought issues to the fore that really need to be addressed as opposed to the relatively few major problems he has caused by his 'lay-over holiday'.

At the end of the day, it was only an immigration charge brought against him.

I reckon he's an Aussie,his accent is aussie,no hint of a German accent here.he was probably born in Germany or have German parents and lived most of his life in Australia.and it took 50 policemen to see how he unlocked the security door hahaha

Australia has been exporting Australian-made criminals a lot lately. Some Kiwis who have lived their lives in Australia since Childhood (but born here in New Zealand) have recently been "deported" because they have been deemed inappropriate for Australian society to interact with. The issue is that if this guy has an Aussie accent, he may very well be the same and have spent most of his life outside of Germany.. but as Australian Citizenship is so hard to obtain (even for a New Zealander now) Australia does not need to take responsibility for the criminal minds some of its' working class develop over time within the borders of Australia.

Yep, funny. He didn't do anyone any harm and went off to Patpong to see the sights! I'd like to know where he got the money from?

from the Australian taxpayer. Deportees get resettlement money, because he had been a guest of Her Majesty he had no income so when released and deported the warm hearted aussie taxpayer donates.

I believe that payment is about $250 AUD. Not really enough to survive more than a single night at Patpong.

so where did he get the money to take the bus, visit places, eat , sleep ?

250 OZ Dollars (7,250 Baht) is a lot of money for somebody on the run. millions of Thais live on much less a full month.

This German/ Australian hybrid, has two things admire at least. Initiative and a sense of humour. Not a lot of that around some of these posts . ..

He is about as Australian as a Kangaroo is a native of Thailand. Just because someone enters a country for a holiday on a tourist visa that in no way makes them part Aust, Indian thai or what ever. He is actually from Munich Balvaria and for those that don't know is in Europe and Australia is in the asia/pacific. region. .

Austria is not near Germany?

Sorry - what's it got to do with Austria? The story is about an escapee on a flight from AUSTRALIA to Germany....

why splitting hairs? Austria... Australia... what difference does it make?

l-dog%20small.jpg

As a test I once applied for an airport pass in the office down next to the Thai restaurant. They were very busy, didn't smile but after 20 minutes I got an airport pass valid for 4 hours!! You are able to pass Immigration without showing any doc's and can enter any pier / plane that you wish. Amazing. I tested it for 3 hours and then kept it at home as a souvenir. This airport is leak as a sponge and it is waiting for the 1st big terrorist blast. An El Al or Egypt Air plane..........

250 OZ Dollars (7,250 Baht) is a lot of money for somebody on the run. millions of Thais live on much less a full month.
He is not Thai, and he was on Patpong and Soi Cowboy

He is not Thai, and he was on Patpong and Soi Cowboy
I imagine that if you were on the run, had 7k Baht in your pocket and no idea how long that it would have to last you then you could stretch it out for quite some time.

Yep, funny. He didn't do anyone any harm and went off to Patpong to see the sights! I'd like to know where he got the money from?

from the Australian taxpayer. Deportees get resettlement money, because he had been a guest of Her Majesty he had no income so when released and deported the warm hearted aussie taxpayer donates.
Um, no. Not according to the video. There he said his family sent him money.
Maybe both?

With zero cash from the get go it would have been hard to last until the money from the family arrived.

western union online transfers are available to collect from any designated thai post office 20 minutes after sending.

I feel a little sorry for the bloke.

He wasted 30 hours of his holiday stuck in a ventilator shaft

It's either that or immigration

i wonder if he still took his passport through immigration , they would probably just stamp his passport with no idea who he is