Blue Canyon Golf Club Phuket - Overpriced And Overrated

Buckeye21

Blue Canyon has had legal and financial problems for as long as I can remember, with management and staff turning over frequently. One time when there was a dispute over ownership a group came in and took all the computers away. Another time the employees walked out because they had not been paid for some time. And then last year they suddenly lost all their carts (they said due to 'maintenance', though my guess is the leasing firm or finance company took them because the club was behind in payments). Eventually they got carts again. Maintenance tends to go up and down to. I heard a rumor they currently have no head greenskeeper because the last one left suddenly.

It's a shame as the courses and clubhouse are good. They also built what was probably the best golf practice facility in Thailand if not all of SE Asia, however it was a financial flop and I heard conditions have gone downhill.

All golf in Phuket is overpriced compared to elsewhere in Thailand. At one time it was THE place for holiday golfers visiting Thailand. But since then there is now equally good golf elsewhere in the country at much better prices. Most golf tourists now go to Hua Hin, Pattaya and Chiang Mai. Even in High Season it is never a problem to get a tee time in Phuket... little wonder.

Blue Canyon has had legal and financial problems for as long as I can remember, with management and staff turning over frequently. One time when there was a dispute over ownership a group came in and took all the computers away. Another time the employees walked out because they had not been paid for some time. And then last year they suddenly lost all their carts (they said due to 'maintenance', though my guess is the leasing firm or finance company took them because the club was behind in payments). Eventually they got carts again. Maintenance tends to go up and down to. I heard a rumor they currently have no head greenskeeper because the last one left suddenly.

It's a shame as the courses and clubhouse are good. They also built what was probably the best golf practice facility in Thailand if not all of SE Asia, however it was a financial flop and I heard conditions have gone downhill.

All golf in Phuket is overpriced compared to elsewhere in Thailand. At one time it was THE place for holiday golfers visiting Thailand. But since then there is now equally good golf elsewhere in the country at much better prices. Most golf tourists now go to Hua Hin, Pattaya and Chiang Mai. Even in High Season it is never a problem to get a tee time in Phuket... little wonder.

Phuket golf equals bad service, poor maintenance and extremely high prices!! It says something when a golfer would rather drive 9hrs to have a decent game!!