Canadian Man Weds Roi Et Woman, Offers Dowry Worth Bt100 Million

webfact

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously well matched and after so many years,why not? happy for her and happy for him, i am sure he is prepared to lose it, if it came to that! good luck.

Loose it?

I guess it will all be booked as expenses, business loss, investments gone wrong, whatever.

Anyway, I wish them all kinds of happiness, luck, good fortune (?), health, and prosperity.

No, as the respondent stated ... lose it...!!

What Mental Institution was he at in farang land. They did a good job. rolleyes.gif ..................w00t.gif

They probably haven't noticed he is missing....

Electro shocks at Ubon Ratchathani's See Maha Poo really did a good job.-wife wants a new car, a house and a giraffe now..-bah.gif

Edited by sirchai

Redekop and Sunantha met in a Bangkok restaurant where Sunantha was working as a waitress.

Any chance it was the " No Hands " restaurant she was working ?

No hands and you never know who's under the table. Gotta love this one....

Actually my gf was telling me about this earlier today when she read the thai version, and I think that although the newspapers haven't necessarily exaggerated, it's not as much as what people think.

In that, the actual gold + money make up around 5-6 million THB or there abouts.

The land is most of what makes up the value, and I'd say that he's probably just transferring that from being in a company name, or other type of asset protection/holding service, to being in her name.

I don't know that for sure of course, he might have decided to buy 6x random houses and 15 acres of land just for his wedding, but it'd seem logical that he'd have land which he currently owns but through a complex structure, instead simply transferred to her to ease up the risk of being caught by someone closing the loop hole through which he currently owns the land.

• Like 1

Can't be bothered reading the topic, anyway I'll marry him for 100 million, no doubt I'll need to join a queue w00t.gif

Yes, bugger off and get a ticket number for the queue...w00t.gif ............................................ laugh.png

• Like 1

I told a g/f that because I was a farang, she had to pay sin sod for me ! I told her I wouldn't settle for anything less than 2 kwai (1 male, 1 female).

She dumped me as she thought she'd be the one cleaning up after the buffalo in (what would have been) our house ! tongue.png

(If I asked the same thing in Isaan, I'd probably have a stampede of buffalo through my front door ! Get the BBQ going !) w00t.gif

Plenty of jokes come to mind, but if they've been together for 9 years, that's better than the average in Canada for marriages I suspect.

Good on her for working on her education.

Mind you I do support Sin Sot, I paid 5000 baht and 2 chickens for my wife, and she was worth every bit of it!

What kind of chickens were they and alive or dead?

100 Million, wow now all Thai familys will expect this as they all know how rich us farangs are:cheesy:

If they do they will have a very rude awakening, and the number of marriages to farangs occurring in Thailand will plummet. For 100 million baht I would definitely be renting not buying.
  • Like 2

Just another example that executives are overpaid

He is an "executive at Chevron Thailand and the owner of a petroleum company in Ireland..."

When you own your own petroleum company you may pay yourself as much as you earn. Some people manage to stick their necks out and make a lot of money. IMHO they are entitled to do with it as they wish.

Jealousy should be kept quiet.

I think, if the story is true and not just for show, that the guy's an idiot. I just hope he has more where that came from when the whole deal winds up in his fanny sideways.

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 1

Good for her and her family.

The bloke is daft as a brush.

Something a tight miserable Wearsider would say! wink.png

We don't know how rich he is - maybe just small change to him.

After 9 years, in which they've both worked hard, good luck to'em. Top bloke and shows what great guys most Canadians are.

Edited by Baerboxer

What an absolute pl**ker! News like this does not get out unless leaked. Many very rich Thai people have done this. This was leaked by someone in Issan wanting to gain the publicity and face.

I wonder if she has flat feet and splayed toes as most farmers daughters havecheesy.gif

I wish them good luck. Amazing Thailand.

Edited by maprao

100 million baht; wow, that is crazy. Especially for a 37 year old farmers daughter. Oh well up to him

He is probably a Member here on ThaiVisa? coffee1.gif

Edited by ALFREDO