Fly Season

swissie

In my neck of the woods, "fly-season" is here. Worse than last year.

What makes the human-body so attractive to flies, that they feel the urge to crawl all over us? Does human sweat contain something that attracts them, like the smell of cow-droppings and rotting flesh? Heaven forbid!

Remedies? Natural or chemistry-wise that can be applied on the skin to keep them away?

BTW: This is about the common house-fly, not "Bar-Flies". The latter, I would know how to get rid of them if necessary. (even without chemicals.)

Cheers.

Glad it's not just my house, impossible to have lunch comfortably in our outdoor living area. Tried this gum like sticky stuff you rap around a stick, filled up with flies in no time but didn't notice a dent in the hordes. Any other suggestions? If flies at lunch are the worst thing in my life, I say bring it!thumbsup.gif

As I said to my wife last night, as our friend's grandma swatted one. "1 down several million to go." After she swatted a 2nd one, I said "They are breeding quicker than she is killing them,"

I have the same problem in our outdoor area, cant have a peacefull lunch because of the flies. Tried the spray, the sticks with the glue on and even some repeller what you need to stick into the electric point but that also doesnt seem to help and its quite annoying to hear as well.

Any other ideas anyone?