Are Houses In Thailand 'really' That Much Cheaper Than In The Uk?

Fantastic5

Houses depreciate in price in Thailand, the land on which it is built will appreciate. The wife owns the land the hubby can own the house..who gets the best deal!!

Regardless of price differential anyone who has sold a property in the uk to re-invest in a house here and has no other assets, that is a suicidal financial decision whatever the motive for buying.Making such a decision implies you can't afford a house here in the first place and shouldn't have bought.

Buying here seems to be a very emotional decision yet at home it is a more practical one.No one in their rational moments would hand over all their cash to buy an asset with no real protection. Sh.t happens in life, here or in the uk..

I have met many farangs who have bought not knowing the law, even the documents involved,documents only in Thai never got them translated, don't know rules of Inheritance, no will in place for the wife or girlfriend on purchase..

A bit off topic but the prices need to be way lower than the uk just to reflect the risks involved and the undeniable ignorance of most farang buyers.

So house values are dependant on marital status in the UK and Thailand?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houses depreciate in price in Thailand, the land on which it is built will appreciate. The wife owns the land the hubby can own the house..who gets the best deal!!

Regardless of price differential anyone who has sold a property in the uk to re-invest in a house here and has no other assets, that is a suicidal financial decision whatever the motive for buying.Making such a decision implies you can't afford a house here in the first place and shouldn't have bought.

Buying here seems to be a very emotional decision yet at home it is a more practical one.No one in their rational moments would hand over all their cash to buy an asset with no real protection. Sh.t happens in life, here or in the uk..

I have met many farangs who have bought not knowing the law, even the documents involved,documents only in Thai never got them translated, don't know rules of Inheritance, no will in place for the wife or girlfriend on purchase..

A bit off topic but the prices need to be way lower than the uk just to reflect the risks involved and the undeniable ignorance of most farang buyers.

So house values are dependant on marital status in the UK and Thailand?

Imagine being married in the UK and Thailand? It doesn't bear thinking about.

trust should be the first thing in any relationship, if you cant trust, then i dont think you will ever be in a loving relationship,

this isnt pointed at anyone on here, just my general thoughts,

i love and trust my wife with everything but thats just me,

if things went wrong i couldnt do anything about it so why worry about it,

we have a nice little house now and a beautiful life together, beautiful little daughter,

everyone on here are different, i wouldnt want to live in a condo, i like my garden and like the pigs,ducks and chickens,

each to there own, live and let live, call it what you like,

take care jake

• Like 1