Aquaponics.

Hi DasBoot,

I was reading your "backyard aquaponics" forum posts this past weekend, enjoyed them.

My system is struggling, I'm getting discouraged. Have time to chat about it?

Thanks gb33

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 year later...

Hi Watup,I have a fair bit of information as PDFs on my iPad,can't get Internet here,so the computer is redundant. Anyway the PDFs are in kindle which won't let me move them anywhere else,so I have written a few of them down. This should keep you going for a while.

Aquaponic media bed sizing.

Fish tank shape and design.

Fish to plant ratio.

Media beds and design.

Water chemistry.

Solids filtration.

These six are free PDF downloads from Wilson lennard phd.if you google the name,it will take you to them.

http://www.uvi.edu/sites/uvi/Publications/UVIAquaponicSystem.pdf

When you use that link it will take you to Rakocys uvi Aquaponics, there is an absolute wealth of information here.

The byap site has a wealth of knowledge,some good PDFs there as well,plus you post your questions.

It would be good to have a source of Aquaponics Thai style here on TV and if I can help anyone with anything AP I am only to willing to do so.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Hi Dasboot

Im Neville, Coordinator of Ethnic Development Learning Center in Mae Sai. We conduct youth vocational training along the Myanmar/Thai border.

We recently set up a basic Aquaphonic system (manual ) on our rooftop, to get some experience for the students. We are confident that this can be developed into a Community Project by our students for introduction to villages where water is available but land and electricity are restricted. We will use solar when we move to pumps.I am bringing several students to Chiang Rai next weekend....would it be too much to ask if we could visit you and see your system?. The pictures look great.I know that this is a big ask but if it is not convenient to visit maybe you could suggest other locations for us., I hope we can maintain contact with you and maybe you will come to see us in Mae Sai..We;re in the middle of town 200 meters from the bridge. Thanks and after 12 years in Thailand, I finally joined Thai Visa tonight so I could post this to you.

Thanks in advance. Neville

[email protected]

Hi EDLC,i am coming to Measai on Wednesday it would be my pleasure to visit you if this is convenient for you and if you are passing please it would be my pleasure to have you visit,the system is in transition at the moment as we are currently upgrading again but there is much to see and talk about.

I had the pleasure of meeting Neville from the EDLA yesterday and spent a pleasant couple of hours rambling on about AP, i am looking forward to working with him and his students in the future.hopefully towards his goal of a working affordable AP system.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...