Spend, Spend, Spend......

theblether

My ( Thai) GF likes shopping & spending( not excessively) but does have a knack of finding some bargains.

Saving maybe boring for her, she does a bit though

I don`t like shopping but if there is something I want/need I`ll buy it and if a big ticket item do a little research first.

I`m probably more of a saver than her.

smile.png

• Like 1

not all Thai person spend everything

I don't have car, only scooter

when I have money more then I need I look to give to family or buy some gold

my family very happy with me and I have 4 baht gold

Thai person not all same

I never go your country England, but I am sure same there, some save, some spend

Best advice is not to get credit card, easy money later come back to bite

Dear MissFarmGirl

I am not a stalker, but can't help bumping in your posts. Basically I like them. You are a very sensible lady.

But why take everything said here so personally? Are you hurt? We all know that Thai are not all the same... Take it easy biggrin.png

You could work my Farm if I had one...402.gif

• Like 1

Thai person not all same

I never go your country England, but I am sure same there, some save, some spend

Very wise words. In the USA some save, some spend everything and hope the government will take care of them. I also agree with the credit card advice, I have one for traveling but it is very easy to get in over your head and have a bunch of high interest rate debt.
  • Like 1

TheFarmgirl brings up some very good points... as usual. Its been my limited experience that people who work hard for their money do a better job of saving it and spending it wisely. However, those that receive big lumps of cash somehow: lottery winnings, generous boy friends or husbands, or inheritances, tend to spend that money more freely in case it might somehow mysteriously disappear.

• Like 1

TheFarmgirl brings up some very good points... as usual. Its been my limited experience that people who work hard for their money do a better job of saving it and spending it wisely. However, those that receive big lumps of cash somehow: lottery winnings, generous boy friends or husbands, or inheritances, tend to spend that money more freely in case it might somehow mysteriously disappear.

Sure... it is called "easy come - easy go".biggrin.png

Thai person not all same

And here I was thinking the Blether was a fellow Scot.

If the adult in question is single, still living at home, no children, they aren't saving. Often enough, too, they're driving the most expensive car they can afford. On the other hand, if married, or in a serious long-term relationship that's nearing marriage, saving money is normal enough.

Just my general observations of the people I've met here, not claiming the above is indicative of all Thai society.