Multiple Re-Entry Stamp Possible At Airport?

Hello

Ive noticed a re-entry permit "shop" just before emigration in the Airport, looks like its more or less always empty and maybe its a easier way to get a re-entry permit?

Do they issue multiple re-entry permits?

Anyone know if they are open at 0100am?

Thanks

What airport are you talking about, Don Muang or Suv.

Both have a re-entry permit desk and latest reports are that both are open 24 hours a day.

As far as I know both will issue a multiple. But offcially they are only for emergencies, up to the descretion of the officer. So they could limit to single only, but above is the first report I see of this.

At Suv. they fill in the form for you and take your picture. They charge an extra 200 baht for that, so single is 1,200 and multiple 4,000 baht.

• Like 1

Mario 2008. Thanks, very interesting. I didn't know you could do your re-entry permits at the 2 main airports. I usually go to Jomtien Beach in advance of leaving and pay 1,900 or 3,800 for multiple. Big queues but still very efficient staff.

I got my multiple re-entry at Suvie no problem at all. I had tried in Jomtien, but they kept telling me to go away, too many ahead of me. Took maybe ten minutes tops. Two guys working the desk. Sign said open 24 hours, but I was there in afternoon. Oh yes, there was no one ahead of me.

All went without problems. Also i downloadet TM.8 blanket from emigration HomePage and filled out everything in advance.

Note: This re entry option is properly not availablenif you are traveling on business class and use fast Lane

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a extra note:

This new "re-entry" kiosk is located in economy section.

suvarnabhumi have a fast Lane for biz class travellers, but there is no re-entry permit option Available.

Cheers

• 5 months later...

I did my multiple re-entry permit for the second year of my OA at Suvarnabhumi last week. I took the completed form, photos and copy of passport pages with me but they didnt want any of it.

There is a 200 Baht procesing fee but they do the photo, passport scanning and completion of all documents for you. Total cost 4000 Baht. The only thing you need to do is to write down your address in Thailand and check and sign the form.

I allowed two extra hours but it actually took 15 mins and there were 4 people in the queue. Very easy.

And if the office happens to be closed? What then? TIT remember.

The Phuket airport office is intended for emergency's only in case the normal immigration office is closed.

When the immigration office in Phuket Town or Patong Beach is open the re-entry permit should be obtained there.

Edited by merijn

• 2 months later...

I am looking for a current update on this topic, a forum search didn't find any recent info.

Specifically, I am traveling tomorrow from BKK, and I will need a re-entry permit, my first for an extension on a Non-O. Was unable to get one at CW due to protests and don't want the hassle of finding my way to other locations.

I am assuming the re-entry permit desk at Swampy is still operational, so my question is this:

How much extra time should I allow for applying for and getting the multi-entry permit? I understand in the past it was quick, but I am particularly interested in any experiences AFTER January 13, under the assumption that the desk may be a bit busier now that CW is shut down.

Anyone done this in the past couple of weeks? TIA, and sorry if there is a recent thread on this, I couldn't find it.

I am going to BKK in May this year I have a double entry visa .I have just read that I can get a re entry permit at suvi Air terminal , dose this mean I would not need to make a visa run when my first 60 days are up. sorry if I sound stupid but it is my first time

I am going to BKK in May this year I have a double entry visa .I have just read that I can get a re entry permit at suvi Air terminal , dose this mean I would not need to make a visa run when my first 60 days are up. sorry if I sound stupid but it is my first time

A re-entry permit gives you no additional time. It keeps your permit to stay valid it you leave the country which means if you have a 60 day entry you can leave and re-enter keeping the remainder of that 60 day entry valid. It would not replace leaving the country for your 2nd entry.

You can only get re-entry permits at the airport if you are flying out of the country because you need a boarding pass to get to the office.

No, you still need to leave the country after 60 days to activiate the other entry. A re-entry permit would only leave your 60 days intact when leaving and returning within those 60 days.

You are aware you can extend your 60 days by 30 days for 1,900 baht? (But be sure to leave the country and enter again before the visa itself expires)

I don't recall any recent posts about it. They are certainly still open.

How busy they are would probably depend upon the time of your flight. I would allow a half hour or so extra to get the re-entry permit.

Thanks, I allowed an extra hour just in case of a long queue given the CW closing, but there was no line at all. I was done in 15 minutes even though the airport was very busy. It BY FAR beats the hassle of going to CW or the other immigration offices, and the 200 bt service charge is easily worth it since they do the form and photo for you then return in a few minutes with your passport including RE permit. Very pleasant guy at the counter as well.

Only mistake I made was going to the number 3 security entrance, you need to go to number 2 (not premium), then pass through security -- after that it's a breeze.

• 1 month later...

And if the office happens to be closed? What then? TIT remember.

At both airports in Bangkok the re-entry permit desks are open 24/7.

----------------------

whistling.gif They are only regarded as being for emergencies .... when you can't get a permit at your local immigration office due to lack of time.

You need to check in for your international flight before you get a permit at the airports.

That's because you have to go into the immigration area to get to that desk.

Entering that area will need you to show that boarding card you got at check-in.

Plenty of time to do it all if you simply don't wait until the last minutes to check-in.

Get to the airport at least two hours before your flight checks in.

If you have time to kill once everything is finished, relax and have a beer.

If your a "type A" and can't stand just waiting "wasting time" talk to someone on your cellphone.

If you are on some kind of extension the most intelligent thing to do is to invest the 3800 Baht in getting an re-entry permit at the same time you get your extension at immigration.

The re-entry permit is good for the period of your extension, so if you get an extension for one year (marriage, retirement, etc.) and you spend that extra 3800 Baht for the re-entry permit you will be covered if you need to leave in an emergency during that one year extension.

But it's up to you.

Pick your take.

rolleyes.gif

• 4 months later...

I read some info that the one at Suvannabhumi is open from 06:00 to 24:00 (and not 24 hours).

I guess this here is the most recent information, e.g. they are actually open 24hrs? My flight is at 2:00 am. I'll be there before midnight anyway just in case.

PS: 200 baht fee for filling in the forms, making copies, and taking a pic? Why don't they do that with all applications?

Edited by nikster

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, sorry I am a little confused here and seek clarification for getting a re-entry at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

I have a business visa NON IMM Business (employment) valid till around end August 2015 & I want a multiple entry reentry visa. My flight is at about 2.30 am so I would like to reach the airport not earlier than midnight (12 am).

Questions:

1. Is the re-entry counter open 24x7 or only until 12 am?

2. Do they readily give multiple entry re-entry stamp on payment of the appropriate fees or as someone mentioned in this thread they give only single entry reentry permit stamp at the airport?

I would have to visit immigration at CW if the Suvarnabhumi Airport Re-entry counter does not issue multiple entry re-entry permit.

3. If I go there will a completely filled tm8 form and a photograph as well, would they charge me THB 200 extra above the re-entry permit fees? Is ther any advantage in just letting them fill the form and take your photo for THB 200 extra?

4. What documents would I need to carry for getting a multiple entry re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi airport?

Appreciate answers that reflect the present situation. Thank you!

Edited by email4sand

You can get multiple re-entry permit at the airport 24 hours a day. With the service charge it will be 4000 baht.

They will do every thing for you for the 200 baht fee. Form, photo and copies.

You don't need anything more than your passport and the fee.

• Like 1