Double Entry Visa - Obtain In Mexico City?

Hello,

we are a family of 4 from the USA currently in Mexico City. We are traveling to Thailand in July and would like to stay for 6 months traveling around. I was wondering if it was possible to get a double entry visa from the Thai consulate here in Mexico City. Has anyone done this? Also- when we do obtain this visa (fingers crossed) do we right away to get the 30 day extension of the visa thus making it 90 days until we have to leave the country or do we wait until day 58?

Not seen any reports about Mexico city, so can't comment on that.

You apply for the 30 day extension during the last 30 days of your permission to stay, I would do it about 2 weeks before your permission ends, so around day 70.

Even if they do sell doubles, be aware that it is THEIR decision what date to write down for validity limits of the visas. I had this experience at a Latin American Thai embassy where the validity date was limited, and I requested they change it, and they said, no, that's our policy.

Because of this issue, you might want to TELL them of their intention to get 30 day extensions in Thailand at the time of application. Perhaps that would increase the chances that what happened to me won't happen to you.

Edited by Jingthing

Well this is news. I never knew Mexico City had a Thai Consulate. Always learning.

Embassy.

Why wouldn't they?

Mexico is among the most important countries in the world.

Important in what way? I lived there for 6 years many years ago but still just figured that not so many Mexicans would travel to Thailand and not many Thais in Mexico so just thought not so important to have an embassy there.

Now Mexico is one of the most dangerous countries in the world.

Well this is news. I never knew Mexico City had a Thai Consulate. Always learning.

Embassy.

Why wouldn't they?

Mexico is among the most important countries in the world.

Important in what way? I lived there for 6 years many years ago but still just figured that not so many Mexicans would travel to Thailand and not many Thais in Mexico so just thought not so important to have an embassy there.

Now Mexico is one of the most dangerous countries in the world.

Large population.

Economically significant.

One of the largest auto manufactures in the world, more so that the USA

Very important trade relations with Asian countries such as China

That's what I meant: TRADE. Tourism between the countries not so much. Embassies are about more than just visas.