Restaurant On The Dark Side

chris1101

Last Sunday I made my regular trip for lunch to NaNa Deli on Soi Khao Noi only to find it had moved a couple of hundred yards closer to Pattaya. Having located the new premises I was extremely dismayed to find that they no longer serve their excellent Sunday lunches.

Today I visited at 6.30pm, for a take-away, to find they were closed. I assume they had been open during the day as there were empty bottles on the outside tables.

Does anyone know if the ownership has changed hands and that accounts for change of premises and no Sunday roasts? If that is the case, can anyone please suggest somewhere in the locality where I can get a Sunday lunch on a par with those NaNa Deli used to sell?

Many thanks but I am a slave to my Sunday roasts.

I believe the owners are the same but they had to downsize due to overheads and staff problems etc, it's a damn shame as their roasts were lovely.

The Chill Bar in Soi Neun Plueb Wan (spelling) does a mean roast, it seems alot of the Nana regulars (who used to be Chill Bar regulars before) are creeping back to The Chill Bar, advisable to book.

Jimmy

I believe the owners are the same but they had to downsize due to overheads and staff problems etc, it's a damn shame as their roasts were lovely.

The Chill Bar in Soi Neun Plueb Wan (spelling) does a mean roast, it seems alot of the Nana regulars (who used to be Chill Bar regulars before) are creeping back to The Chill Bar, advisable to book.

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy, will look for, does it have A.C.???

Where is the Courtyard?

End Soi Neun Plueb Wan ( away from Pattaya). Turn left . About 300m before Siam Country Club rd crossing on left. Parking outside & at the back. I am same as Raro haven't had the sunday roast but have eaten there at other times & food was good.

Chill bar as mentioned before is popular on Sundays. I don't partake of sunday roasts but a lot of friends like Chill bar.

Where exactly is the Chill Bar please?

I wish I knew about this NaNa bar when it did have these Sunday roasts. Guess I better investigate my dark side more these days. It's just not easy to look around at the same time you are driving a bike so I miss a lot of things maybe.

Also I don't remember nernplabwan having an end so to speak. Can anyone give clearer directions to the Courtyard. Also what kind of Sunday roasts do these places serve? I mean is it like a Sunday roast beef, pork etc all you can eat or...........

Guess I better investigate my dark side more these days.

Yes

Courtyard : At the end, I don't know how you can differently call it, of Soi Nerplubwan there is a temple, turn left; you can turn left or right or than you have to enter the temple.

Chill Bar : Corner Soi 43,, I guess something like 500 meters before end of Soi Nernplubwan.

Thanks for the info and directions and even the coordinates folks. I will be at one of them tomorrow for sure.

This is good news for the dark side. I prefer the outside eating because I am a smoker.

• 2 weeks later...

I was waiting for the review too. Anyway, if on a budget you'll find the Brass House (Pong) hard to beat. THB 99 for roast pork, roast+mash spuds, mini yorkshire & stuffing, veg and bisto. Wash that down with a gallon of cider (there goes the budget) and you're good to go.

Went to the Courtyard yesterday (Sunday) at around 5:30. Didn't see ANY sign of a roast dinner, buffet etc. Looked in the yard and about 4 people there. Left and ate at the new Taco place on SSCC at the cross-roads and was very happy.