Think The Wife Has Lost It

muythai2013

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sort of superstitious crap has nothing to do with background, standing or education i'm afraid.

Absolutely, It's ingrained in all.

She is so full on into the old ways in everyway, will not even stand in an open doorway.

one Brother is a Monk and she was in the wat for a long time in her youth so they are really full on.

I find it interesting though, never boring.

Tell her the head should also not be backed up to a window.

You may need to help her in the end ... to move it to the garage.

Babies cot cannot be near a doorway either, so she is arranging it around the cot also.

Ghosts come through the door so Babies should not be their, and looking in the mirror can stop the babies teeth from growing so the cot must go on the other side.

Im in stitches, cracking up, she is not amused by my laughter.

It's a Catch 22 but don't despair. Shaving the baby's head overcomes it.
  • Like 2

She says it's something to do with the direction you point a coffin at a funeral or something, can't sleep in that direction for that reason.

I'm not dead yet.

Have to humour them.

I was a monk In my younger days, I try to explain to her this has nothing to do with Buddhism, but I'm fully aware to you will never change their thinking and as it does not bother me and is quite entertaining I will let her be.

Not that we can really control them anyway.

That sort of superstitious crap has nothing to do with background, standing or education i'm afraid.

I am afraid you are wrong.

Not sure, my friend just got his Masters in International relations today from Macquarie university, He is exactly the same.

Edited by muythai2013

Just tell her when in bed the feet should always point to the sky. :whistling:

I must have got it wrong then. My gf says feet should point to the floor. But there again she never worked for Siam Commercial Bank.

Good Luck.

C'mon dude give her a hand. You need to have the feng shui correct in the bed room at least:

http://fengshui.about.com/od/love/qt/perfectbedroom.htm

"A good feng shui bedroom is a bedroom that promotes a harmonious flow of nourishing and sensual energy."

Maybe so, but he's afraid that he may have to move the houseful of stuff in order to get the bed in the proper orientation. Maybe if she does some hard effort here, she'll put that fengshui book down and figure out how the bed best orients in the room she's got, not the one she'd like to have.

It's certainly not just Thai's. My ex Aus wife got into the feng shui craze years ago. I let her just get on with it until she insisted the TV be moved out of the bedroom. No way that was going to happen as it was my refuge for watching the footy.

• Like 1

Maybe good place to ask this question? My wife starts running thru the house unplugging every electric cord in the house when there's a lightning storm. Is this a common safety practice in Thailand? I remember my Grandmother doing this 50 years ago in Canada but no one does it now.

your wife not crazy, she just Thai

you must be careful which way the bed go because dead people always lay that way

also bed with 4 poles not good because same as spirit home

if you want your wife comfortable in bed, is this problem that you do this?

I watch ffotball with my boyfriend when they come to the field they always touch the concrete before they go

I ask why they do like this, he reply for 'good luck'

then he tell me about many western things

it is bad luck to have old boat name same as new boat

I would just be happy to have boat

why the big football team, all black have small animal that go with them for each game

he say for good luck

so your culture and my culture have many same thing lucky and not lucky

if she good woman to you, take good care, make your wife happy, it is good for both you

I hope that help you understand a little bit

Stop opening umbrellas indoors !!!!!

• Like 1

Maybe good place to ask this question? My wife starts running thru the house unplugging every electric cord in the house when there's a lightning storm. Is this a common safety practice in Thailand? I remember my Grandmother doing this 50 years ago in Canada but no one does it now.

I unplug everything normally because I don't trust the electrian they use or Thai electrics.

We lost a modem to a lightening strike and the companys T+C's include this and wouldn't replace it.

• Like 1