Think The Wife Has Lost It

muythai2013

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon dude give her a hand. You need to have the feng shui correct in the bed room at least:

http://fengshui.about.com/od/love/qt/perfectbedroom.htm

"A good feng shui bedroom is a bedroom that promotes a harmonious flow of nourishing and sensual energy."

These Feng-Shui folks often forget the bad influence coming from the radiation of the water pipes outside or inside the walls. Before I worry about Feng Shui, I have to know, where the water lines are and if they can have an adversely affect on the Feng Shui arrangement. May be you should look for professional help.

I'm always thrilled when my water pipes are delivering water, wherever they might be located on the walls.

your wife not crazy, she just Thai

so your culture and my culture have many same thing lucky and not lucky

if she good woman to you, take good care, make your wife happy, it is good for both you

I hope that help you understand a little bit

You are gold! I would like it very much if you start some topics on here for us to read...wai.gif

Ahh! I just realised your Davids partner haha! Still great stuff well done!

Mate, she has done a few, and recently ... but she's a Farm girl, so take that hint where they might be located on the Forum.

As you know, she's shy to comment on the Forum, but she tries to help where she can.

Cheers

David48

That sort of superstitious crap has nothing to do with background, standing or education i'm afraid.

I am afraid you are wrong.
Explain why don't you?
Thai friends and family of mine are no more superstitious than Westerners. As a culture, there seems to be more superstition than many Western countries. However, educated, traveled, sophisticated Thai people have no more superstition than their western counterparts. This my personal experience for the last 15 years. The fact that Buddhism is the official Religion of Thailand confuses the issue. All Religions are superstition based.
Traveled Thais, or more specifically, Thais who have lived overseas and had some western values/beliefs rub off on them, are a different story, but Thais who have only lived in Thailand, they can be equally as superstitious, whether they be scientists or whether they be market sellers, whether they have no pot to piss in or whether they be mega rich elite. It makes no difference.

Well for what it's worth, I'll tell you this.

My Tgf is not posting anything on TVF, and I'm not posting anything on TVF about how she wants the bedroom orientated.

But there again, I'm not Australian.

She says it's something to do with the direction you point a coffin at a funeral or something, can't sleep in that direction for that reason.

I'm not dead yet.

Have to humour them.

I was a monk In my younger days, I try to explain to her this has nothing to do with Buddhism, but I'm fully aware to you will never change their thinking and as it does not bother me and is quite entertaining I will let her be.

Not that we can really control them anyway.

How long have you been married?

And how long have you lived here?

Where, in Thailand, is your wife from?

The odd melding of ancient and newer religious beliefs, along with native and imported superstitions, varies a lot by region here.

Maybe best to try to expand your understanding of your wife's beliefs, rather than watching TV and expressing your negative thoughts by shaking your head, and then lamenting about your wife's beliefs on a public forum?

For an 'Advanced Member' your last comment is sanctimonious and undeserved. A public forum is perfectly fine for 'airing' what was obviously meant as a light hearted observation of cultural habits in some parts of Thailand.

• Like 1

"castlemaine 4x sport" !!!!!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"For an 'Advanced Member' your last comment is sanctimonious and
undeserved. A public forum is perfectly fine for 'airing' what was
obviously meant as a light hearted observation of cultural habits in
some parts of Thailand."......clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

My wife is from Petchaboon and doesn't seem to have any of those regular Thai superstions.

Of course she has been here in the USA for the last 44 years.

Myself, I walk under ladders, break mirrors , none of those superstions were believed in my family and we were dirt poor and

Not highly educated.

I have known highly educated Thai's who are extremely superstious. Go figure!

Chu Lai 67-68

Cannot believe anyone would have a go at the op for any of his comments, perhaps they are having a bad hair day.

If the op thinks his wife is losing the plot he should meet mine, he would soon realise how sane his wife really is. My missus has long red (dyed, of course) wavy hair and when something goes wrong she goes "Waaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!

It's like being married to Lucille Ball.

My Mother was Welsh, and the most superstitious person I though I ever met, until I came to LOS. My mother-in-law down in Surin (boondocks/outback) would not let me sit under a coat hanger, for some reason.

Nothing wrong with joking about Buddhism, have met some very funny monks over the years. One of the nine monks we had at our wedding ceremony wanted to speed things up because he was hungry and wanted to get stuck into the food laid out in front of him.

Sorry sport. I was missing the funny side.

That reminds me, my wife refers to "castlemaine 4x" (local beer from QLD, Australia) as "ex-ex-ex-ex"......And she wonders why I love her so !

In Thai thats ''crap-crap-crap-crap''.......................whistling.gif ......................laugh.png

• Like 2

My wife is from Petchaboon and doesn't seem to have any of those regular Thai superstions.

Of course she has been here in the USA for the last 44 years.

Myself, I walk under ladders, break mirrors , none of those superstions were believed in my family and we were dirt poor and

Not highly educated.

I have known highly educated Thai's who are extremely superstious. Go figure!

Chu Lai 67-68

My wife is from around that area too. Still there. Born in 1977 when the KR were at their peak.

Wife disagrees with OP Head south end of the bed or east. Just go with the flow it's easier.

The feet must not be pointing east so as not to offend Buddha when the sun rises. That can be a real bind in a small bedroom.

Still, Buddha knows best.

C'mon dude give her a hand. You need to have the feng shui correct in the bed room at least:

http://fengshui.about.com/od/love/qt/perfectbedroom.htm

"A good feng shui bedroom is a bedroom that promotes a harmonious flow of nourishing and sensual energy."

Don't you mean sexual energy :coffee1:

As for the original post what can you expect when people call their children, dog, cat, bird, fish, little, big, pig, ad nauseum.

As for losing it, did she ever have it for a start?

My wife's sister is called Nok.

We have one of those small lizards lurking in our bedroom (nooo, 4 legs), usually at 2 or 3 in the morning it squorks loudly, waking me up and then starts making a quiet chattering sound, the mrs says ''it is trying to give you a message'', l said yeh, it's the reply to my message, '' If I catch you you bar steward, you are dog food, and l don't care if you DO have a degree''., weeell, seems everyone here has a degree w00t.gif .........smile.png

• Like 1

There is a good reason to position furniture properly and even houses. If your house faces north and the longest part of the roof faces east west the sun will go directly over the long roof line and the house will be cooler. Many builders of 'Queenslanders' in Australia knew that 100 years ago. Some people also sleep better facing a particular direction. Don't be too hasty to criticize superstition - remember the last world cup - football, who predicted the winners ??

So did the Aboriginees. Long time before.

Cheers.

There is a good reason to position furniture properly and even houses. If your house faces north and the longest part of the roof faces east west the sun will go directly over the long roof line and the house will be cooler. Many builders of 'Queenslanders' in Australia knew that 100 years ago. Some people also sleep better facing a particular direction. Don't be too hasty to criticize superstition - remember the last world cup - football, who predicted the winners ??

Cheers.

and look what happened to them.

• Like 1

Cheers.

and look what happened to them.

And the Native American Indian too.

Never mind. Where's my Jeep Cherokee?

feng shui is based on common sense and aesthetic values. people however have personal preferences which are of course equally valid.

If one can believe the moon has a gravitational field that influences people as well as the tides then why should the earth spinning not have an effect on a sleeper. I may be imagining it but I feel lighter headed when my head orientates with the spin and the blood drains to my feet fractional differences only and it may be because of the position of the moon not the spin direction. Anyway I sleep better if my head is to the east. Some people may hate this and orientate north south which means the spin factor is reduced but earth magnetism is more effective.

Only the really thick skinned are unaware of such bodily niceties but them they have counter measures in Beer chang and cigarettes..

The world was spinning long time before we came along.

Native American Indian understood that we rent this place, not own it.

Rural Thais have a similar view.

China?

Where's my Great Wall pickup?

Larf.

I find it difficult.

Cheers.