Do I Have To Cancel My Ext Of Stay The Day I Fly Out?

Going through the forums and still need some clarity. please help.

- I am resigning from my job.

- I am leaving the country on holiday too

- I have a wp and extension of stay

MY HR manager said that she has to cancel the ext the DAY I leave. Well the idea of not having my passport the day I leave is a bit unerving and as I don't have my ticket yet I have no idea what time I leave.

Is there a way to apply for the cancelation before the actual day ? Or some kind of LOGICAL (am I asking too much here?) work around?

I thought she was misinformed abut after reading the post here I realise no this is the policy/LAW. Geez.

As I am appying for a new Non B visa for a new Job/own my own company I defn do not want over stay!

Hi but must I do it on the same day? Can I leave Thailand on the 9th and go to immigration on 6th so it is effective the 9th? really what do i do if my PLANE leaves at 9am?

Must I pay 1900 baht to stay 7 days?

Immigration says this:

Attention
If the alien granting extension of stay permit in The Kingdom for the reason of working
at a business company/organization etc., resigns from such company / organization, his/her stay permit will be immediately terminated. As a consequence, The stay permit of his/her dependents will be terminated as well.
Work Permit and Stay Permit must be revoked by competent officials.

Note the word immediate.

Yes, you need to pay 1,900 baht for to stay for up to 7 days extra.

HI Thank you. Ok will propose the 7 day extension instead of trying to book international plane tickets around immigration holidays, lunches and hour.

Amazing.

When extension is cancelled you have until midnight of that date to leave.

If you are flying out from Bangkok you could leave the next day and not be charged for overstay. Just a little stamp saying you overstayed less than 24 hours.

• Like 1